updated 09:45 am EDT, Wed April 7, 2004
Adium X, Boogie-Woogie
- Boogie-Woogie Screen Saver 2.0 (freeware) is described as "a stylefull Screen Saver inspired by Piet Mondriaan, a Dutch painter whose works, characterized by intersecting perpendicular lines and planes of primary colors, and writings, notably Neoplasticism." Version 2.0 adds greater compatibility with Mac OS X Panther, solid background colors and a random settings mode. [128KB]
- A Better Finder Attributes 3.3 ($10) adds the ability to process files in subfolders to the Mac OS X Finder enhancement utility. The contextual menu plugin allows users to change the file date and other attributes of Mac OS X files, including both the modification and the creation date, file extension display, and file "lock". [1.3MB]
- NewsYouCanUse 1.0 (free) offers an online directory of over 260 news feeds and unobtrusive menubar notifications, allowing users to subscribe to multiple newsfeeds--all of which are accessible from the menubar in Mac OS X Panther. Users can specify RSS feeds, update intervals and alert sounds. [284KB]
- Gimp.app 2.0.0-2 is a self-contained Mac OS X application bundle of the newest version of the GNU Image Manipulation Program.
- Vvidget Code 9.3 offers a reliable and versatile way to convert data to graphs for presentation in both desktop and web applications. It includes more reference documentation for developers, support for more data sources (CGI scripts, flat files and form entry, etc.), improved layout options, and other features. It is available for $190.
- MacGhostView 3.0 ($20) is a general purpose Postscript and PDF previewer for the Macintosh and is based on ghostscript 7.05. Version 3.0 now offers full support for drag and drop, offers instant magnification of files, includes a new interface for setting page size, resolution, and color dept, and now bundles Unix shell script that can be used to launch MacGhostView from a command line under OS X. [7.5MB]
- 24U SimpleSound Plug-In 2.7 ($37) can record and play custom sound effects, spoken instructions, background music and other audio from within FileMaker. It supports QuickTime formats such as WAV, AIFF, and MP3. Version 2.7 brings performance improvements and support for FileMaker 7. [3.6MB]