Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
French castle uses iPods
Chenonceau Castle in France has started using 200 iPods to present its audio tours to visitors, a MacNN reader notes (page is in French). The iPods are loaded with eleven languages of the castle's guided audio tour, which visitors can borrow and listen to at their leisure around the famous property.
NZ online Apple Store
The Apple division of Renaissance, Apple's corporate representative in New Zealand, will be launching an online store in the coming weeks. ARNnet reports on the store's pending launch and its possible implications for the New Zealand market.
playfair strips iTMS DRM
playfair is a tool for Mac OS X that strips the digital rights management protection from tracks purchased at the iTunes Music Store, converting them to ordinary AAC audio files without any loss in quality. The utility is believed to be the first to circumvent Apple's DRM without employing quality-sapping lossy compression formats to do so. The current version, 0.2, requires Xcode to be installed and must be built and run from the Terminal. An iPod or Mac authorized to read the purchased track is also needed.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...Entry-level 27-inch Retina iMac
The 27-inch Apple iMac with 5K Retina display is already one of the best value-for-money Macs that Apple has ever released. It was som ...
10 Most Discussed
- Neil Young says he will pull music catalog from streaming services - 24 replies
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Editorial: whatever happened to 'It Just Works?' - 17 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Apple takes lid off 64-bit A8 iPod touch, now up to 128GB - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 11 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies