Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
French castle uses iPods
Chenonceau Castle in France has started using 200 iPods to present its audio tours to visitors, a MacNN reader notes (page is in French). The iPods are loaded with eleven languages of the castle's guided audio tour, which visitors can borrow and listen to at their leisure around the famous property.
NZ online Apple Store
The Apple division of Renaissance, Apple's corporate representative in New Zealand, will be launching an online store in the coming weeks. ARNnet reports on the store's pending launch and its possible implications for the New Zealand market.
playfair strips iTMS DRM
playfair is a tool for Mac OS X that strips the digital rights management protection from tracks purchased at the iTunes Music Store, converting them to ordinary AAC audio files without any loss in quality. The utility is believed to be the first to circumvent Apple's DRM without employing quality-sapping lossy compression formats to do so. The current version, 0.2, requires Xcode to be installed and must be built and run from the Terminal. An iPod or Mac authorized to read the purchased track is also needed.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Perhaps you've already seen our review of the Dotti LED display from Witti Design. Meet Notti, Dotti's "sibling". Notti is a softb ...Seagate Personal Cloud (2-Bay)
When it comes to backing up files, many users are now looking to the myriad of cloud storage solutions available. There is no doubt th ...Leitz Icon Label Printer
When you say the words "label printer" to people, they either just really don't care, or they get incredibly excited. This is one o ...
10 Most Discussed
- Jony Ive promoted to Chief Design Officer at Apple - 7 replies
- Oculus outlines Rift PC requirements, stops OS X, Linux development - 7 replies
- Microsoft reveals six versions of Windows 10 inbound this summer - 6 replies
- Apple, Leica working to resolve bug that could corrupt Photos library - 6 replies
- Review: FileMaker Pro 14 (OS X, iOS, Windows) - 5 replies
- Pointers: Make 'Hey Siri' work on Apple Watch - 5 replies
- Pointers: Sign Your PDFs in Preview - 5 replies
- Apple rolls out Force Touch 15-inch MacBook Pro, new Retina iMac - 5 replies
- Pointers: Mastering the OS X Dock - 5 replies
- Verizon, Sprint agree to pay $158M settlement with FCC over 'cramming' - 5 replies