Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
French castle uses iPods
Chenonceau Castle in France has started using 200 iPods to present its audio tours to visitors, a MacNN reader notes (page is in French). The iPods are loaded with eleven languages of the castle's guided audio tour, which visitors can borrow and listen to at their leisure around the famous property.
NZ online Apple Store
The Apple division of Renaissance, Apple's corporate representative in New Zealand, will be launching an online store in the coming weeks. ARNnet reports on the store's pending launch and its possible implications for the New Zealand market.
playfair strips iTMS DRM
playfair is a tool for Mac OS X that strips the digital rights management protection from tracks purchased at the iTunes Music Store, converting them to ordinary AAC audio files without any loss in quality. The utility is believed to be the first to circumvent Apple's DRM without employing quality-sapping lossy compression formats to do so. The current version, 0.2, requires Xcode to be installed and must be built and run from the Terminal. An iPod or Mac authorized to read the purchased track is also needed.
With over-the-top content options growing past Hulu and Netflix, consumers may be finding it harder to justify paying a monthly fee fo ...Sound Blaster Roar Bluetooth speaker
There could very well be a new king of the hill for Bluetooth speakers, with Sound Blaster's recent entry into the marketplace. Bring ...Kenu Airframe Plus
Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this ...
10 Most Discussed
- CurrentC CEO, COO field questions about data breach, Apple Pay block - 23 replies
- CVS throws in with Rite Aid, blocks Apple Pay and Google Wallet - 22 replies
- Apple responds to CVS, Rite Aid blocking Apple Pay - 17 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out as gay in new essay - 17 replies
- CurrentC payment system customer emails stolen - 14 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the new $499 Mac mini - 13 replies
- Amex web page promotes Apple Pay, adds directions for linking cards - 12 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies
- Obama signs BuySecure executive order to hasten US EMV adoption - 12 replies
- New Mac mini not user-upgradeable, new analysis reveals - 11 replies