Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
French castle uses iPods
Chenonceau Castle in France has started using 200 iPods to present its audio tours to visitors, a MacNN reader notes (page is in French). The iPods are loaded with eleven languages of the castle's guided audio tour, which visitors can borrow and listen to at their leisure around the famous property.
NZ online Apple Store
The Apple division of Renaissance, Apple's corporate representative in New Zealand, will be launching an online store in the coming weeks. ARNnet reports on the store's pending launch and its possible implications for the New Zealand market.
playfair strips iTMS DRM
playfair is a tool for Mac OS X that strips the digital rights management protection from tracks purchased at the iTunes Music Store, converting them to ordinary AAC audio files without any loss in quality. The utility is believed to be the first to circumvent Apple's DRM without employing quality-sapping lossy compression formats to do so. The current version, 0.2, requires Xcode to be installed and must be built and run from the Terminal. An iPod or Mac authorized to read the purchased track is also needed.
Five years ago, we thought that by the end of 2013 there'd be a bigger market for e-book readers. Then, along came the tablet that Jo ...Sans Digital TowerRAID TR8M6G eSATA array
Regardless of what Cupertino would like us to believe with the new cylindrical Mac Pro, there are needs for vast amounts of hard-drive ...iHome Bluetooth iB75 Wireless Sports Earphone
Finding a good pair of headphones for a midnight jog is hard. An over the ear set is either flopping around on your head, falling off, ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple signals end of Snow Leopard support with Safari snub? - 19 replies
- European Parliament to vote on single smartphone charger law - 16 replies
- New Android ioPhone mimics Apple's iPhone 5c style - 15 replies
- Rumor: Microsoft to take on iPad mini with 1080p Surface mini - 13 replies
- New York City building out free Wi-Fi network in portions of Harlem - 10 replies
- Report: Apple's 64-bit A7 chip 'stunned' the chipmaking industry - 10 replies
- Apple debuts 90-second holiday TV ad, 'Misunderstood' - 10 replies
- Southwest Airlines offers $2 in-flight iMessages, Android coming - 7 replies
- Apple's Tim Cook accepts award at Auburn, pushes for equality - 7 replies
- Samsung attempts to silence YouTube complaint of Galaxy S4 fire, fails - 7 replies