Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
French castle uses iPods
Chenonceau Castle in France has started using 200 iPods to present its audio tours to visitors, a MacNN reader notes (page is in French). The iPods are loaded with eleven languages of the castle's guided audio tour, which visitors can borrow and listen to at their leisure around the famous property.
NZ online Apple Store
The Apple division of Renaissance, Apple's corporate representative in New Zealand, will be launching an online store in the coming weeks. ARNnet reports on the store's pending launch and its possible implications for the New Zealand market.
playfair strips iTMS DRM
playfair is a tool for Mac OS X that strips the digital rights management protection from tracks purchased at the iTunes Music Store, converting them to ordinary AAC audio files without any loss in quality. The utility is believed to be the first to circumvent Apple's DRM without employing quality-sapping lossy compression formats to do so. The current version, 0.2, requires Xcode to be installed and must be built and run from the Terminal. An iPod or Mac authorized to read the purchased track is also needed.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Hands On: Twitter 3.1.0 (OS X) - 6 replies