Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple files iPod patents
Apple is trying to patent portions of the iPod user interface, according to a recent filing at the US Patent & Trademark Office (noted by Slashdot): "This one is particularly interesting because the claims are written in fairly clear and simple language, easy to understand by anyone. If this one is granted, it won't be because an overworked examineer was confused by deliberate obfuscation by the application (which is what I think happens for a lot of the ridiculous patents). About half the claims are for things that were implemented in prior players (e.g., Archos), and the other half are for things that are in many other common device interfaces (DVD players, PVRs) and the only novelty is that Apple put them on a portable music player."
New Apple promotion
Apple's new "Brilliant savings" promotion offers a $500 rebate for users who purchase any new Power Mac G5 system along with a 23-inch Cinema HD display between March 28 and June 26. Additionally, the Apple Store is offering refurbished 1.6GHz and dual-2GHz Power Mac G5s for $1,400 and $2,400, respectively, under the Special Deals section. Apple has also extended its More memory for less promotion through June 26, offering a savings of up to $700 with purchase of a Mac with custom memory configurations as well as its Every Mac needs .Mac promo, which offers a $30 rebate on its .Mac Webservices.
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...Thecus N2310 NAS
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...iRig Pads
When it comes to mobile music products, IK Multimedia has positioned itself as one of the top suppliers. Right from the early days of ...
10 Most Discussed
- MO lawmaker proposes requiring ID for Google Wallet, Apple Pay sales - 18 replies
- Illinois law mandates handover of students' social media passwords - 16 replies
- Ahrendts' high pay in part to compensate for lost Burberry stock - 13 replies
- FCC redefines broadband speeds as 25Mbps downloads, 3Mbps uploads - 11 replies
- Windows 10 a free upgrade, not subscription, for Windows 7, 8.1 users - 11 replies
- Repatriation bill offers tax break for US return of foreign profits - 11 replies
- Cook still bullish on iPad despite softening demand - 10 replies
- Adobe updates Flash again due to critical security flaw - 9 replies
- Apple posts $74.6B in Q1 revenues based on iPhone, Mac sales - 8 replies
- Apple sees one billionth iOS device shipped, China sales explode - 8 replies