Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple files iPod patents
Apple is trying to patent portions of the iPod user interface, according to a recent filing at the US Patent & Trademark Office (noted by Slashdot): "This one is particularly interesting because the claims are written in fairly clear and simple language, easy to understand by anyone. If this one is granted, it won't be because an overworked examineer was confused by deliberate obfuscation by the application (which is what I think happens for a lot of the ridiculous patents). About half the claims are for things that were implemented in prior players (e.g., Archos), and the other half are for things that are in many other common device interfaces (DVD players, PVRs) and the only novelty is that Apple put them on a portable music player."
New Apple promotion
Apple's new "Brilliant savings" promotion offers a $500 rebate for users who purchase any new Power Mac G5 system along with a 23-inch Cinema HD display between March 28 and June 26. Additionally, the Apple Store is offering refurbished 1.6GHz and dual-2GHz Power Mac G5s for $1,400 and $2,400, respectively, under the Special Deals section. Apple has also extended its More memory for less promotion through June 26, offering a savings of up to $700 with purchase of a Mac with custom memory configurations as well as its Every Mac needs .Mac promo, which offers a $30 rebate on its .Mac Webservices.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Hands On: Griffin Powermate Bluetooth - 8 replies
- Hands On: Twitter 3.1.0 (OS X) - 6 replies