Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple files iPod patents
Apple is trying to patent portions of the iPod user interface, according to a recent filing at the US Patent & Trademark Office (noted by Slashdot): "This one is particularly interesting because the claims are written in fairly clear and simple language, easy to understand by anyone. If this one is granted, it won't be because an overworked examineer was confused by deliberate obfuscation by the application (which is what I think happens for a lot of the ridiculous patents). About half the claims are for things that were implemented in prior players (e.g., Archos), and the other half are for things that are in many other common device interfaces (DVD players, PVRs) and the only novelty is that Apple put them on a portable music player."
New Apple promotion
Apple's new "Brilliant savings" promotion offers a $500 rebate for users who purchase any new Power Mac G5 system along with a 23-inch Cinema HD display between March 28 and June 26. Additionally, the Apple Store is offering refurbished 1.6GHz and dual-2GHz Power Mac G5s for $1,400 and $2,400, respectively, under the Special Deals section. Apple has also extended its More memory for less promotion through June 26, offering a savings of up to $700 with purchase of a Mac with custom memory configurations as well as its Every Mac needs .Mac promo, which offers a $30 rebate on its .Mac Webservices.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies
- Apple breaks quarterly records with strong iPhone, Mac sales - 6 replies