Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple files iPod patents
Apple is trying to patent portions of the iPod user interface, according to a recent filing at the US Patent & Trademark Office (noted by Slashdot): "This one is particularly interesting because the claims are written in fairly clear and simple language, easy to understand by anyone. If this one is granted, it won't be because an overworked examineer was confused by deliberate obfuscation by the application (which is what I think happens for a lot of the ridiculous patents). About half the claims are for things that were implemented in prior players (e.g., Archos), and the other half are for things that are in many other common device interfaces (DVD players, PVRs) and the only novelty is that Apple put them on a portable music player."
New Apple promotion
Apple's new "Brilliant savings" promotion offers a $500 rebate for users who purchase any new Power Mac G5 system along with a 23-inch Cinema HD display between March 28 and June 26. Additionally, the Apple Store is offering refurbished 1.6GHz and dual-2GHz Power Mac G5s for $1,400 and $2,400, respectively, under the Special Deals section. Apple has also extended its More memory for less promotion through June 26, offering a savings of up to $700 with purchase of a Mac with custom memory configurations as well as its Every Mac needs .Mac promo, which offers a $30 rebate on its .Mac Webservices.
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Opinion: How will Apple maintain usability on a larger iPhone? - 14 replies
- Netflix forges agreement with Comcast to end video speed throttling - 14 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Report: Mac users 4x more 'engaged' than Windows users - 12 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies