updated 10:30 am EST, Wed March 24, 2004
- ($450) updates Totally Hip's QuickTime authoring applicatio designed to create interactive digital presentations. It now includes a QScript Extension Essentials (QSXE) QuickTime component for cookie storage/retrieval, downloading files within movies, printing functions, video in QVTR, visual sound equalizers, and text encryption.
- PowerSnipe Auction Sniper 1.3 ($45 for 1-year license) is now available for Mac OS X; the snipe and bid management tool offers eBay users greater purchase power by placing their bid in the closing seconds of an auction (i.e., "snipping"). It supports both secure servers and places the bid from multiple servers for greater reliability. [1.2MB]
- mathStatica 1.5 (starts at $90) is designed to solve the algebraic/symbolic problems that are of primary interest in mathematical statistics. The software accomplishes this by building upon the symbolic computational power of Mathematica to create a sophisticated toolset specially designed for doing mathematical statistics. Version 1.5 represents an overhaul of the software's main components and adds full support for Mathematica 5.
- SuperDuper 1.2 ($20) is a unique backup utility that allows users to instantly revert their system to a saved state, in the event of data corruption, accidental deletion of files, or unresolvable system issues. Version 1.2 adds a Smart Update that speeds up drive cloning by only updating and deleting files that have changed. [1.7MB]
- FaxEmailHelper 1.3 (donationware) helps users with fax attachments in Mac OS X 10.3 Panther, including working around a few bugs in the OS. This version is completely rewritten for greater stability, and "incorporates the changes Apple made in OX 10.3.2 in an attempt to fix some of these problems which did not work because of minor programing errors." [103KB]
- MacSpeech released new ScriptPaks for Now Software's Now Contact ($10) and Now Up-To-Date programs ($20). The new ScriptPaks for iListen contain over 250 commands that allow you to manipulate almost all of the functions in the two programs using only the user's voice.
- Troi Activator Plug-in 1.4 ($90) for FileMaker 6/7 is a new version of its tool for triggering scripts across the network and the Internet. It can trigger remote scripts using built-in security, pass information for the trigger, features start/stop commands with a single script, trigger local/remote scripts on specific date/time, trigger scripts based on field completion, validate fields, etc. [864KB]