Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
UT2004 tweaks, Bluetooth
Forums roundup: The Mac Games forum includes notes on UT 2004 performance tweaks and Mac vs. PC gaming. Readers are looking for advice connecting a Mac to his stereo, sharing an internet connection over Bluetooth, and what to when a US school is discouraging departmental purchases of Macs, adding (internal) Bluetooth to an iBook, support for Bluetooth headsets for mobile phones on the Mac, networking over FireWire, the iBook G4's CPU fan, and cleaning an Aluminum PowerBook.
AMD Wi-Fi, IBM PowerPC...
Weekend tech news: AMD is supporting operators of some free hot spots as it explores a variety of ways to promote its Wi-Fi wireless networking technology; IBM has scheduled a March 31 event in NYC to talk about a range of Power processors and possibly IBM's chip manufacturing efforts; Intel will now assign model numbers to its chips and eliminate measurements of raw speed (e.g. Gigahertz) from its product names; and improved filtering and fear of litigation have decreased spam email over the AOL network by 27%.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 8 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- New iOS 8.1.2 release solves problems with missing ringtones - 6 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies
- Apple, Amazon refuse to disclose federal diversity data - 6 replies