Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Several companies have recently launched new iPod promotions, offering the popular iPod or iPod mini as an incentive to drive user participation or sales of their products: Yahoo is giving away an iPod mini a day for 30 days for those upgrading their email accounts; The Taiwanese goverment is offering an iPod [link in Traditional Chinese] and other prizes to those who answer all questions correctly at the Taiwanese government's portal. (Other readers also note that Fox Sports reports the new team iPods may be lucky charms for the NBA basketball team, who have won six straight after the team's owners gave each player an iPod engraved with his name and number.)
Ten Thumbs Typing Tutor 3
Runtime Revolution has released Ten Thumbs Typing Tutor 3, a new version of the "fun, easy to use and best way to learn to touch type on Windows, Mac and Linux. [Ten Thumbs] is suitable for those learning to type for the first time or those looking to improve their typing skills. Its structured tutorials and user friendly approach make it ideal for all ages." Version 3 offers a UI redesign, a streamlined quiz system, automatic US vs. UK keyboard detection, and other improvements. It is available for $26 and runs on Mac OS 8/9/X.
iTunes tops in survey
Apple's iTunes Music Store stands out among Fortune's review of download music services: "iTunes Music Store. If you're new to online music, this is the place to start. It's based on the Windows version of Apple's iTunes software, which tightly integrates a media-player program (iTunes), a download service (the music store), and a portable player (the iPod), resulting in unparalleled ease of use. The software is free and there are no subscription fees. The catalog of more than 500,000 songs is among the largest of all legal services. Apple's search functions are best-in-class, making it easy to find the music you seek, assuming it's available."
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple CEO Tim Cook meets with Utah Senator Orrin Hatch - 10 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- New Foxconn robots too imprecise for Apple products, report claims - 8 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 7 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies