Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Several companies have recently launched new iPod promotions, offering the popular iPod or iPod mini as an incentive to drive user participation or sales of their products: Yahoo is giving away an iPod mini a day for 30 days for those upgrading their email accounts; The Taiwanese goverment is offering an iPod [link in Traditional Chinese] and other prizes to those who answer all questions correctly at the Taiwanese government's portal. (Other readers also note that Fox Sports reports the new team iPods may be lucky charms for the NBA basketball team, who have won six straight after the team's owners gave each player an iPod engraved with his name and number.)
Ten Thumbs Typing Tutor 3
Runtime Revolution has released Ten Thumbs Typing Tutor 3, a new version of the "fun, easy to use and best way to learn to touch type on Windows, Mac and Linux. [Ten Thumbs] is suitable for those learning to type for the first time or those looking to improve their typing skills. Its structured tutorials and user friendly approach make it ideal for all ages." Version 3 offers a UI redesign, a streamlined quiz system, automatic US vs. UK keyboard detection, and other improvements. It is available for $26 and runs on Mac OS 8/9/X.
iTunes tops in survey
Apple's iTunes Music Store stands out among Fortune's review of download music services: "iTunes Music Store. If you're new to online music, this is the place to start. It's based on the Windows version of Apple's iTunes software, which tightly integrates a media-player program (iTunes), a download service (the music store), and a portable player (the iPod), resulting in unparalleled ease of use. The software is free and there are no subscription fees. The catalog of more than 500,000 songs is among the largest of all legal services. Apple's search functions are best-in-class, making it easy to find the music you seek, assuming it's available."
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...Entry-level 27-inch Retina iMac
The 27-inch Apple iMac with 5K Retina display is already one of the best value-for-money Macs that Apple has ever released. It was som ...
10 Most Discussed
- Neil Young says he will pull music catalog from streaming services - 24 replies
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Editorial: whatever happened to 'It Just Works?' - 18 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Apple takes lid off 64-bit A8 iPod touch, now up to 128GB - 11 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies