Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Several companies have recently launched new iPod promotions, offering the popular iPod or iPod mini as an incentive to drive user participation or sales of their products: Yahoo is giving away an iPod mini a day for 30 days for those upgrading their email accounts; The Taiwanese goverment is offering an iPod [link in Traditional Chinese] and other prizes to those who answer all questions correctly at the Taiwanese government's portal. (Other readers also note that Fox Sports reports the new team iPods may be lucky charms for the NBA basketball team, who have won six straight after the team's owners gave each player an iPod engraved with his name and number.)
Ten Thumbs Typing Tutor 3
Runtime Revolution has released Ten Thumbs Typing Tutor 3, a new version of the "fun, easy to use and best way to learn to touch type on Windows, Mac and Linux. [Ten Thumbs] is suitable for those learning to type for the first time or those looking to improve their typing skills. Its structured tutorials and user friendly approach make it ideal for all ages." Version 3 offers a UI redesign, a streamlined quiz system, automatic US vs. UK keyboard detection, and other improvements. It is available for $26 and runs on Mac OS 8/9/X.
iTunes tops in survey
Apple's iTunes Music Store stands out among Fortune's review of download music services: "iTunes Music Store. If you're new to online music, this is the place to start. It's based on the Windows version of Apple's iTunes software, which tightly integrates a media-player program (iTunes), a download service (the music store), and a portable player (the iPod), resulting in unparalleled ease of use. The software is free and there are no subscription fees. The catalog of more than 500,000 songs is among the largest of all legal services. Apple's search functions are best-in-class, making it easy to find the music you seek, assuming it's available."
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 25 replies
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 23 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 23 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- F.lux developers pull sideloaded app following Apple's complaint - 9 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Tim Cook addresses retail, commences 'inclusion training' company-wide - 7 replies