Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Several companies have recently launched new iPod promotions, offering the popular iPod or iPod mini as an incentive to drive user participation or sales of their products: Yahoo is giving away an iPod mini a day for 30 days for those upgrading their email accounts; The Taiwanese goverment is offering an iPod [link in Traditional Chinese] and other prizes to those who answer all questions correctly at the Taiwanese government's portal. (Other readers also note that Fox Sports reports the new team iPods may be lucky charms for the NBA basketball team, who have won six straight after the team's owners gave each player an iPod engraved with his name and number.)
Ten Thumbs Typing Tutor 3
Runtime Revolution has released Ten Thumbs Typing Tutor 3, a new version of the "fun, easy to use and best way to learn to touch type on Windows, Mac and Linux. [Ten Thumbs] is suitable for those learning to type for the first time or those looking to improve their typing skills. Its structured tutorials and user friendly approach make it ideal for all ages." Version 3 offers a UI redesign, a streamlined quiz system, automatic US vs. UK keyboard detection, and other improvements. It is available for $26 and runs on Mac OS 8/9/X.
iTunes tops in survey
Apple's iTunes Music Store stands out among Fortune's review of download music services: "iTunes Music Store. If you're new to online music, this is the place to start. It's based on the Windows version of Apple's iTunes software, which tightly integrates a media-player program (iTunes), a download service (the music store), and a portable player (the iPod), resulting in unparalleled ease of use. The software is free and there are no subscription fees. The catalog of more than 500,000 songs is among the largest of all legal services. Apple's search functions are best-in-class, making it easy to find the music you seek, assuming it's available."
When it comes to selecting a printer, it's not exactly something most people put a lot of thought into. Printers are often touted as ...Moshi iVisor AG and XT for iPad Air 2
Have you ever tried to put in a screen protector that relies on static to cling to the screen? How many bubbles and wrinkles does it h ...OmniPlan (OS X, iOS)
We reviewed the Omni Group's most famous Mac software, a To Do app called OmniFocus, back in June 2014, and we were impressed. Some o ...
10 Most Discussed
- FCC approves net neutrality, Title II proposal in 3-2 vote - 31 replies
- Opponents, supporters of FCC Net Neutrality, Title II vote speak out - 14 replies
- Apple on the hook for $533M lawsuit payout over in-app purchase tech - 12 replies
- First US magazine appearance of Apple Watch debuts - 11 replies
- Apple Watch: plethora of details leak as public debut nears - 10 replies
- New Jersey man hospitalized by exploded iPhone 5c battery - 10 replies
- Apple launches video repair program for 2011-2013 MacBook Pros - 8 replies
- Editorial: iCar or Apple moonshot? - 8 replies
- Samsung Pay electronic payment system deployed in Galaxy S6, S6 edge - 8 replies
- FCC net neutrality vote today, last minute changes made to proposal - 7 replies