Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Several companies have recently launched new iPod promotions, offering the popular iPod or iPod mini as an incentive to drive user participation or sales of their products: Yahoo is giving away an iPod mini a day for 30 days for those upgrading their email accounts; The Taiwanese goverment is offering an iPod [link in Traditional Chinese] and other prizes to those who answer all questions correctly at the Taiwanese government's portal. (Other readers also note that Fox Sports reports the new team iPods may be lucky charms for the NBA basketball team, who have won six straight after the team's owners gave each player an iPod engraved with his name and number.)
Ten Thumbs Typing Tutor 3
Runtime Revolution has released Ten Thumbs Typing Tutor 3, a new version of the "fun, easy to use and best way to learn to touch type on Windows, Mac and Linux. [Ten Thumbs] is suitable for those learning to type for the first time or those looking to improve their typing skills. Its structured tutorials and user friendly approach make it ideal for all ages." Version 3 offers a UI redesign, a streamlined quiz system, automatic US vs. UK keyboard detection, and other improvements. It is available for $26 and runs on Mac OS 8/9/X.
iTunes tops in survey
Apple's iTunes Music Store stands out among Fortune's review of download music services: "iTunes Music Store. If you're new to online music, this is the place to start. It's based on the Windows version of Apple's iTunes software, which tightly integrates a media-player program (iTunes), a download service (the music store), and a portable player (the iPod), resulting in unparalleled ease of use. The software is free and there are no subscription fees. The catalog of more than 500,000 songs is among the largest of all legal services. Apple's search functions are best-in-class, making it easy to find the music you seek, assuming it's available."
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- Hands On: Griffin Powermate Bluetooth - 9 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Samsung upgrades Ultimate Test Drive with $200 switching offer - 6 replies
- Hands On: Twitter 3.1.0 (OS X) - 6 replies
- Pono struggling to expand due to lack of resources, no new CEO - 6 replies