updated 10:35 am EST, Tue March 9, 2004
- iRecordMusic 1.2 (previously RAW) is an update to Bicartel's $20 internet audio application. The update brings advanced iCal scheduling, iTunes playlist and tagging support, and important bug fixes. iRecordMusic enables you to record Internet audio as MP3 and MP4-AAC, supporting RealAudio, WinMedia, QuickTime and more. [803KB]
- RadioLover 1.2 updates Bicartel's MP3 radio song recorder with improved song splitting options, improved tagging and important bug fixes. It enables you to record MP3 radio streams as separate songs, offering support for iTunes Radio Tuner, Shoutcast-compatible radio streams, and MP3, M3U, and EXTM3U radio stream playlists. [0.6MB]
- AquaMinds NoteTaker Viewer for Mac OS X allows users to publish and share their multimedia rich notebooks and folios with other Mac OS X users. The free application supports navigation by Notebook Drawer, lookup by Index pages, animated page turning, content printing, full text searching, Slide Show presentation and even dynamic reading by text-to-speech. [4.3MB]
- googol-Choo-Choo 3D 1.4e ($21) is a 3D model railroad simulation program that can create layouts via drag & drop of track or other items: "You can see the layout in 3D from driver's seat of a running train or from several other locations. If you want to create your own trains or structures, you can do it with 3D modeling software and import the file into googol-Choo-Choo 3D." [2.8MB]
- MacKiev has posted a collection of a dozen free St. Patrick's Day templates for The Print Shop ($50): "There are matching jewel case covers and CD labels so users can make their own 'Irish Songs' CD's to give as holiday gifts. And some St. Patrick's Day postcards and greetings cards, of course."
- Handwritten Vol. 1 for LiveType ($100) offers Final Cut Pro editors a new LiveFont package that allows them to render handwritten effects quickly. Handwritten Vol.1 is the first LiveFont package based on a specific theme with a total of ten fonts included in the package. The company also recenly posted five free effects for Apple Live Type.
- MacSpeech has released ScriptPak for Safari 1.2, which adds voice commands for controlling Safari, including navigating links, making text larger or smaller, managing bookmarks, and much more. The ScriptPak for Safari is priced at $10, requires iListen 1.6.4, and also includes a coupon good for a $10 discount on the upgrade to iListen 1.7, which will be available later this year.
- Buena Software has reduced the price of its Effect Essentials plug-ins for Adobe After Effects to $200 ($50 reduction) as well as is offering an additional $20 discount through the end of March (for a promotional price of $180 before before April 1st). Buena also added a set of tutorial videos that walk users through various tasks with the plugins in the set.