updated 09:00 am EST, Mon March 8, 2004
Apps: NewsMac, AddressX
- (free, donation-ware) is an RSS news reader that features both Palm PDA and iPod headline synchronization support, Feed Finder for quickly adding new RSS feeds, and over 120 built-in channels.
- Print Window 3.0 Beta is a public beta of the forthcoming upgrade to the file-listing generation utility. Print Window restores the original Mac OS' Finder functionality that bears its namesake and adds many new features. Version 3.0 includes both a free Standard version as well as a $15 Advanced version. Other new features include the ability to sort file listings according to a variety of criteria, change the font size, and print file listings as CD or DVD covers.
- MaxiBidder 1.9 ($10) is an application for "sniping" eBay auctions by automatically placing a bid for an item as the auction ends. Version 1.9 includes Canadian and Australian Support as well as several fixes and smaller improvements.
- Easy Fractal 3.10 ($20) calculates fractals (Mandelbrot Sets and Julia Sets) in real time. The new version includes an extended fractal editor with 6 different escape conditions and fine structure function for three-dimensional looking fractals, 11 different iteration functions with freely selectable parameters, and a new color palette editor with many new functions.
- WebPics 2.6.3 ($16) is an application for creating online galleries from your photo collections. The software requires no knowledge of HTML and allows users to enter captions, specify font and color parameters, automatically create thumbnails, and more. The new version improves support for Mac OS X 10.3 and includes other enhancements.
- AddressX 1.1 ($25) imports the contacts from the Global Address List (GAL) of a Microsoft Exchange server directly into the Mac OS X Address Book. Version 1.1 adds support for very large Global Address Lists, compatibility with NTLM, Kerberos, and Negotiate authentication schemes; and incremental updates that preserve group membership.