updated 03:30 pm EST, Thu March 4, 2004
QuicKeys X2, Menu Calendar
- Menu Calendar 1.5 offers instant access to a calendar from the Mac OS X menu bar. The freeware offers integration with iCal (simply click on a date), one-click access to a calandar, navigation to calendars for other months, and support for English, German, and Finnish. [162KB]
- Sticky Notes 1.0 is a new desktop organization utility that offers custom colors, Rendezvous-based sharing, and export to iPod functions. The sharewware (£10) offers instant note creation by dragging text to the dock icon and search/replace functions. [655KB]
- iSynCal 3.0b ($17) can synchronize events and todo from iCal calendars between two or more Macs using Apple File Sharing. It can also be used to synchronize some calendars with your iPod or between multiple users on the same Mac. it works with iCal 1.5 and Mac OS X 10.2 or later. [404KB]
- Apple's CHUD Tools 3.5 are applications and tools for measuring and optimizing software performance on Mac OS X as well as for hardware bringup and system benchmarking. The CHUD Tools are delivered as a part of the Xcode Tools for Panther. [26MB]
- Creative Manager Pro 6.2 is a web-based project management application featuring calendar and contact sharing using iCal and AddressBook. The job tracking solution offers modules for developing new business, staffing, managing, and executing projects through to accounting and financial reporting. It will be released March 8 as a free update to current users.
- After Dark + Fish updates the popular classic screensaver with the popular "Fish", "Mowing Man" and "Mandelbrot" modules (in addition to existing "Space Toasters", "Starry Night" and other user favorites). The $10 shareware uses the built-in OS X screensaver engine, support OpenGL, and runs on Mac OS X only.
- Eudora 6.1b3 is the latest beta release of the popular email client. The beta cycle resolves many outstanding bugs in the release, including dozens with IMAP its IMAP functions and some with HTML rendering/saving. It also adds AddressBookSync (requires Mac OS X 10.2) and mini-search tool in the toolbar. [Classic, OSX]
- SwitchIt 1.2 is a small replacement for Apple's Fast-User Swiching menu item. The freeware offers a smaller menubar footprint; it runs on Mac OS X 10.3 or later and requires Unsanity's Menu Extra Enabler. [175KB]