Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Jobs, Apple intertwined
The Mercury News says that Steve Jobs' personality and values are inseparable from the Apple saga: "Just as it was 20 years ago, it's impossible to talk about the Macintosh today without discussing the two faces of Steve Jobs. the company's identity, direction and culture are indelibly wed to the personality and values of its leader. In that sense, Jobs is the last in a long line of Silicon Valley visionaries. William Shockley. Gordon Moore. Robert Noyce. Jerry Sanders. Andy Grove. Be they control freaks, bullies, gamblers or statesmen, their personalities were etched into the corporate motherboard from Day One."
Meanwhile, "20 years of thinking out of the box" says that Apple's products are always head-turners because Apple is an art form to Jobs: "[He] has always regarded Apple as a religion and an art form rather than a business. That's why Apple products are always head-turners. They capture people's imaginations and are doing a good job of it."
Apple store in Austin, TX
A MacNN reader notes that The Austin-American Statesman offers a few more details of Apple's upcoming store in Austin, Texas, after MacNN first published a report on new job openings in the area last week: "It looks like Apple Computer Inc. is about to open a store in Dell Inc.'s back yard. Apple's Internet site currently lists several job openings for an Apple store at Barton Creek Square mall, including a store manager, assistant manager and several salespeople."
LiliPod iPod case
Eroch Studios has introduced the LiliPod, a new water-tight iPod case: the LiliPod allows "you to safely listen to your iPod during activities never previously possible--from skiing to sailing mountain biking to beach bumming, and everwhere in between. The watertight future of iPod protection has arrived. And it's arrived in swanky style." It offers an 1/8-inch watertight stereo connector, a Sterling Rope lanyard (made of moisture-resistant DryCore and with cord lock), a compression clamp, and rubber o-ring. It is available now for $35.
When it comes to selecting a printer, it's not exactly something most people put a lot of thought into. Printers are often touted as ...Moshi iVisor AG and XT for iPad Air 2
Have you ever tried to put in a screen protector that relies on static to cling to the screen? How many bubbles and wrinkles does it h ...OmniPlan (OS X, iOS)
We reviewed the Omni Group's most famous Mac software, a To Do app called OmniFocus, back in June 2014, and we were impressed. Some o ...
10 Most Discussed
- FCC approves net neutrality, Title II proposal in 3-2 vote - 31 replies
- Opponents, supporters of FCC Net Neutrality, Title II vote speak out - 14 replies
- Apple on the hook for $533M lawsuit payout over in-app purchase tech - 12 replies
- First US magazine appearance of Apple Watch debuts - 11 replies
- New Jersey man hospitalized by exploded iPhone 5c battery - 10 replies
- Apple Watch: plethora of details leak as public debut nears - 10 replies
- Editorial: iCar or Apple moonshot? - 8 replies
- Samsung Pay electronic payment system deployed in Galaxy S6, S6 edge - 8 replies
- Apple launches video repair program for 2011-2013 MacBook Pros - 8 replies
- Apple reportedly launching wide public beta of iOS 8.3 in May - 7 replies