Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Jobs, Apple intertwined
The Mercury News says that Steve Jobs' personality and values are inseparable from the Apple saga: "Just as it was 20 years ago, it's impossible to talk about the Macintosh today without discussing the two faces of Steve Jobs. the company's identity, direction and culture are indelibly wed to the personality and values of its leader. In that sense, Jobs is the last in a long line of Silicon Valley visionaries. William Shockley. Gordon Moore. Robert Noyce. Jerry Sanders. Andy Grove. Be they control freaks, bullies, gamblers or statesmen, their personalities were etched into the corporate motherboard from Day One."
Meanwhile, "20 years of thinking out of the box" says that Apple's products are always head-turners because Apple is an art form to Jobs: "[He] has always regarded Apple as a religion and an art form rather than a business. That's why Apple products are always head-turners. They capture people's imaginations and are doing a good job of it."
Apple store in Austin, TX
A MacNN reader notes that The Austin-American Statesman offers a few more details of Apple's upcoming store in Austin, Texas, after MacNN first published a report on new job openings in the area last week: "It looks like Apple Computer Inc. is about to open a store in Dell Inc.'s back yard. Apple's Internet site currently lists several job openings for an Apple store at Barton Creek Square mall, including a store manager, assistant manager and several salespeople."
LiliPod iPod case
Eroch Studios has introduced the LiliPod, a new water-tight iPod case: the LiliPod allows "you to safely listen to your iPod during activities never previously possible--from skiing to sailing mountain biking to beach bumming, and everwhere in between. The watertight future of iPod protection has arrived. And it's arrived in swanky style." It offers an 1/8-inch watertight stereo connector, a Sterling Rope lanyard (made of moisture-resistant DryCore and with cord lock), a compression clamp, and rubber o-ring. It is available now for $35.
Although the new darling of the Apple MacBook line up is the all-new MacBook, Apple has given its popular 13-inch MacBook Pro with Ret ...Griffin Twenty
A few years ago Griffin launched the original Twenty, a small digital amp that used an AirPort Express to turn any set of passive spea ...Seagate Wireless
It seems like no matter how much internal storage is included today's mobile devices, we, as users, will always find a way to fill th ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple CEO asks Arkansas governor to veto 'right to discriminate' law - 36 replies
- Latest MacBooks drop Windows 7 compatibility in Boot Camp - 18 replies
- Looking forward: MacNN, Electronista and new content - 12 replies
- Apple executives participate in, praise 'Becoming Steve Jobs' bio - 12 replies
- Hands On: Carbon Copy Cloner 4.0.6 (OS X) - 11 replies
- Briefly: Apple TV gains new channels, Pro Tools 12 changes pricing - 10 replies
- Legal barrage launched over FCC Open Internet regulation in DC courts - 10 replies
- Apple Watch: how Apple Stores will handle the debut - 10 replies
- Hands On: Fantastical 2 (OS X) - 9 replies
- Hands On: Downcast 2.8.28 (iOS) - 8 replies