Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Jobs, Apple intertwined
The Mercury News says that Steve Jobs' personality and values are inseparable from the Apple saga: "Just as it was 20 years ago, it's impossible to talk about the Macintosh today without discussing the two faces of Steve Jobs. the company's identity, direction and culture are indelibly wed to the personality and values of its leader. In that sense, Jobs is the last in a long line of Silicon Valley visionaries. William Shockley. Gordon Moore. Robert Noyce. Jerry Sanders. Andy Grove. Be they control freaks, bullies, gamblers or statesmen, their personalities were etched into the corporate motherboard from Day One."
Meanwhile, "20 years of thinking out of the box" says that Apple's products are always head-turners because Apple is an art form to Jobs: "[He] has always regarded Apple as a religion and an art form rather than a business. That's why Apple products are always head-turners. They capture people's imaginations and are doing a good job of it."
Apple store in Austin, TX
A MacNN reader notes that The Austin-American Statesman offers a few more details of Apple's upcoming store in Austin, Texas, after MacNN first published a report on new job openings in the area last week: "It looks like Apple Computer Inc. is about to open a store in Dell Inc.'s back yard. Apple's Internet site currently lists several job openings for an Apple store at Barton Creek Square mall, including a store manager, assistant manager and several salespeople."
LiliPod iPod case
Eroch Studios has introduced the LiliPod, a new water-tight iPod case: the LiliPod allows "you to safely listen to your iPod during activities never previously possible--from skiing to sailing mountain biking to beach bumming, and everwhere in between. The watertight future of iPod protection has arrived. And it's arrived in swanky style." It offers an 1/8-inch watertight stereo connector, a Sterling Rope lanyard (made of moisture-resistant DryCore and with cord lock), a compression clamp, and rubber o-ring. It is available now for $35.
With over-the-top content options growing past Hulu and Netflix, consumers may be finding it harder to justify paying a monthly fee fo ...Sound Blaster Roar Bluetooth speaker
There could very well be a new king of the hill for Bluetooth speakers, with Sound Blaster's recent entry into the marketplace. Bring ...Kenu Airframe Plus
Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this ...
10 Most Discussed
- CurrentC CEO, COO field questions about data breach, Apple Pay block - 23 replies
- CVS throws in with Rite Aid, blocks Apple Pay and Google Wallet - 22 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out as gay in new essay - 17 replies
- Apple responds to CVS, Rite Aid blocking Apple Pay - 17 replies
- CurrentC payment system customer emails stolen - 14 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the new $499 Mac mini - 13 replies
- Obama signs BuySecure executive order to hasten US EMV adoption - 12 replies
- Amex web page promotes Apple Pay, adds directions for linking cards - 12 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies
- New Mac mini not user-upgradeable, new analysis reveals - 11 replies