Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Jobs, Apple intertwined
The Mercury News says that Steve Jobs' personality and values are inseparable from the Apple saga: "Just as it was 20 years ago, it's impossible to talk about the Macintosh today without discussing the two faces of Steve Jobs. the company's identity, direction and culture are indelibly wed to the personality and values of its leader. In that sense, Jobs is the last in a long line of Silicon Valley visionaries. William Shockley. Gordon Moore. Robert Noyce. Jerry Sanders. Andy Grove. Be they control freaks, bullies, gamblers or statesmen, their personalities were etched into the corporate motherboard from Day One."
Meanwhile, "20 years of thinking out of the box" says that Apple's products are always head-turners because Apple is an art form to Jobs: "[He] has always regarded Apple as a religion and an art form rather than a business. That's why Apple products are always head-turners. They capture people's imaginations and are doing a good job of it."
Apple store in Austin, TX
A MacNN reader notes that The Austin-American Statesman offers a few more details of Apple's upcoming store in Austin, Texas, after MacNN first published a report on new job openings in the area last week: "It looks like Apple Computer Inc. is about to open a store in Dell Inc.'s back yard. Apple's Internet site currently lists several job openings for an Apple store at Barton Creek Square mall, including a store manager, assistant manager and several salespeople."
LiliPod iPod case
Eroch Studios has introduced the LiliPod, a new water-tight iPod case: the LiliPod allows "you to safely listen to your iPod during activities never previously possible--from skiing to sailing mountain biking to beach bumming, and everwhere in between. The watertight future of iPod protection has arrived. And it's arrived in swanky style." It offers an 1/8-inch watertight stereo connector, a Sterling Rope lanyard (made of moisture-resistant DryCore and with cord lock), a compression clamp, and rubber o-ring. It is available now for $35.
Five years ago, we thought that by the end of 2013 there'd be a bigger market for e-book readers. Then, along came the tablet that Jo ...Sans Digital TowerRAID TR8M6G eSATA array
Regardless of what Cupertino would like us to believe with the new cylindrical Mac Pro, there are needs for vast amounts of hard-drive ...iHome Bluetooth iB75 Wireless Sports Earphone
Finding a good pair of headphones for a midnight jog is hard. An over the ear set is either flopping around on your head, falling off, ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- New Android ioPhone mimics Apple's iPhone 5c style - 15 replies
- Apple signals end of Snow Leopard support with Safari snub? - 13 replies
- Rumor: Microsoft to take on iPad mini with 1080p Surface mini - 12 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- New York City building out free Wi-Fi network in portions of Harlem - 10 replies
- Report: Apple's 64-bit A7 chip 'stunned' the chipmaking industry - 8 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Apple debuts 90-second holiday TV ad, 'Misunderstood' - 8 replies
- Apple's Tim Cook accepts award at Auburn, pushes for equality - 7 replies