Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
O\'Reilly takes on c|net
O'Reilly's Alan Graham, documenting the Virginia Tech Apple Supercomputer Cluster, takes c|net to task on its recent "A grain of salt with your Apple" commentary: "The c|net piece was nothing but spurious speculation and Mac bashing from a publisher who has a history of negative press about the Apple platform. Shame on anyone who assumes that this solution cannot be duplicated again with less money than competitive solutions, and shame on c|net for implying that this was all a worthless exercise and corporate clients would be smart to seek their solutions from a more reliable hardware company."
CamSpinner for Webcams
Optima System today released CamSpinner 1.0b1, a new web cam utility for Macintosh. CamSpinner lets users publish a web cam on a web site, grab still images and record QuickTime and MPEG movies using iSight or virtually any other QuickTime compatible web cam. Featres include built-intemplates, Web cam history, AppleScript support, and Salling Clicker support. A fully-functional public beta of the $11 shareware is available online and will expire at the end of March. It runs on Mac OS X 10.2.4 or later. It is free to owners of PageSpinnter ($30).
Headshack has releasd chartConstructor 1.5, an update to its project management application, which allows for the creation of both Gantt and PERT Charts. Version 1.5 adds a powerful resources panel, allowing users to view resource allocations for individual team members between specified dates. It also adds undo/redo support, improved Address Book integration, more shortcuts, and multiple selection in Gantt View. The $30 application runs on Mac OS X 10.2.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Pono struggling to expand due to lack of resources, no new CEO - 6 replies