Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
O\'Reilly takes on c|net
O'Reilly's Alan Graham, documenting the Virginia Tech Apple Supercomputer Cluster, takes c|net to task on its recent "A grain of salt with your Apple" commentary: "The c|net piece was nothing but spurious speculation and Mac bashing from a publisher who has a history of negative press about the Apple platform. Shame on anyone who assumes that this solution cannot be duplicated again with less money than competitive solutions, and shame on c|net for implying that this was all a worthless exercise and corporate clients would be smart to seek their solutions from a more reliable hardware company."
CamSpinner for Webcams
Optima System today released CamSpinner 1.0b1, a new web cam utility for Macintosh. CamSpinner lets users publish a web cam on a web site, grab still images and record QuickTime and MPEG movies using iSight or virtually any other QuickTime compatible web cam. Featres include built-intemplates, Web cam history, AppleScript support, and Salling Clicker support. A fully-functional public beta of the $11 shareware is available online and will expire at the end of March. It runs on Mac OS X 10.2.4 or later. It is free to owners of PageSpinnter ($30).
Headshack has releasd chartConstructor 1.5, an update to its project management application, which allows for the creation of both Gantt and PERT Charts. Version 1.5 adds a powerful resources panel, allowing users to view resource allocations for individual team members between specified dates. It also adds undo/redo support, improved Address Book integration, more shortcuts, and multiple selection in Gantt View. The $30 application runs on Mac OS X 10.2.
When it comes to music on the go, consumers generally have some options to consider when looking for the best experience. While Blueto ...Pure Jongo T2 wireless speaker
Multi-room audio compatibility is a key metric for wireless sound systems these days. The entry cost into a house-spanning system can ...Logitech Z213 multimedia speakers
Desktop computer speakers sit in a weird area of limbo: many consumers have forgone the era of desktop listening for the privacy and v ...
10 Most Discussed
- Oregon Apple Store 'slur' incident being investigated - 31 replies
- Opinion: Why the Apple iWatch will succeed (Part 1) - 17 replies
- Opinion: Hachette and Amazon fight, who loses? - 12 replies
- Atlantic Magazine notes trend to Chromebooks in schools - 12 replies
- Judge rejects proposed $324.5M anti-poaching case settlement - 11 replies
- T-Mobile announces plan to throttle those abusing 'unlimited' data - 11 replies
- NewerTech accessory fools 'headless' Mac minis into turning on GPU - 9 replies
- Apple issues diversity report, promises better gender/racial balance - 8 replies
- Disney latest victim of Amazon DVD pre-order denial - 8 replies
- Skype suddenly blocks users with OS X 10.5 or earlier - 7 replies