Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
O\'Reilly takes on c|net
O'Reilly's Alan Graham, documenting the Virginia Tech Apple Supercomputer Cluster, takes c|net to task on its recent "A grain of salt with your Apple" commentary: "The c|net piece was nothing but spurious speculation and Mac bashing from a publisher who has a history of negative press about the Apple platform. Shame on anyone who assumes that this solution cannot be duplicated again with less money than competitive solutions, and shame on c|net for implying that this was all a worthless exercise and corporate clients would be smart to seek their solutions from a more reliable hardware company."
CamSpinner for Webcams
Optima System today released CamSpinner 1.0b1, a new web cam utility for Macintosh. CamSpinner lets users publish a web cam on a web site, grab still images and record QuickTime and MPEG movies using iSight or virtually any other QuickTime compatible web cam. Featres include built-intemplates, Web cam history, AppleScript support, and Salling Clicker support. A fully-functional public beta of the $11 shareware is available online and will expire at the end of March. It runs on Mac OS X 10.2.4 or later. It is free to owners of PageSpinnter ($30).
Headshack has releasd chartConstructor 1.5, an update to its project management application, which allows for the creation of both Gantt and PERT Charts. Version 1.5 adds a powerful resources panel, allowing users to view resource allocations for individual team members between specified dates. It also adds undo/redo support, improved Address Book integration, more shortcuts, and multiple selection in Gantt View. The $30 application runs on Mac OS X 10.2.
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...Snugg Robust Case for iPad Air
Snugg's Distressed Brown Leather Case was something of a pleasant surprise when I reviewed it last year. I didn't expect much at fi ...
10 Most Discussed
- Dropbox CEO: Steve Jobs wanted to buy us, tried to kill us - 16 replies
- One-off (Product) RED Mac Pro fetches $977,000 at auction - 13 replies
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 10 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Adobe drags feet on notifying data theft victims, millions at risk - 9 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Nokia pokes Apple's iPad Air with derisive new ads for Lumia 2520 - 8 replies
- WD Black 2 Dual Drive combines SSD, HDD into non-hybrid format - 6 replies