Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
O\'Reilly takes on c|net
O'Reilly's Alan Graham, documenting the Virginia Tech Apple Supercomputer Cluster, takes c|net to task on its recent "A grain of salt with your Apple" commentary: "The c|net piece was nothing but spurious speculation and Mac bashing from a publisher who has a history of negative press about the Apple platform. Shame on anyone who assumes that this solution cannot be duplicated again with less money than competitive solutions, and shame on c|net for implying that this was all a worthless exercise and corporate clients would be smart to seek their solutions from a more reliable hardware company."
CamSpinner for Webcams
Optima System today released CamSpinner 1.0b1, a new web cam utility for Macintosh. CamSpinner lets users publish a web cam on a web site, grab still images and record QuickTime and MPEG movies using iSight or virtually any other QuickTime compatible web cam. Featres include built-intemplates, Web cam history, AppleScript support, and Salling Clicker support. A fully-functional public beta of the $11 shareware is available online and will expire at the end of March. It runs on Mac OS X 10.2.4 or later. It is free to owners of PageSpinnter ($30).
Headshack has releasd chartConstructor 1.5, an update to its project management application, which allows for the creation of both Gantt and PERT Charts. Version 1.5 adds a powerful resources panel, allowing users to view resource allocations for individual team members between specified dates. It also adds undo/redo support, improved Address Book integration, more shortcuts, and multiple selection in Gantt View. The $30 application runs on Mac OS X 10.2.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 22 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Apple increasing employment in Ireland, creating 1,000 more jobs - 15 replies
- F.lux developers pull sideloaded app following Apple's complaint - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- First Look: Apple iPad Pro - 7 replies
- Tim Cook addresses retail, commences 'inclusion training' company-wide - 7 replies