updated 12:10 pm EST, Mon January 12, 2004
GNOME, ThumbsUp, Xmenu
- Niagara Software has released ]
- Fink has released GNOME 2.4 in the unstable trees for Mac OS X 10.3. GNOME 2.4 expands the offerings of the popular free software desktop, with a new web browser, improved accessibility tools, and includes 11 new applications and more than 100 user-requested enhancements.
- MultiMode OSX 4.4 ($90) adds reception of SITOR-B / NAVTEX modes, which are used to send weather and other related information to mariners. MultiMode is an application which allows your Macintosh to decode and transmit several different modes of non-voice communication often heard on shortwave and ham radio. [MM, MM-Lite]
- ThumbsUp 3.5 (freeware) for Mac OS X 10.2 is a simple, drag-and-drop based utility to create thumbnails, offering configurable options for size, quality, sharpening and antialiasing. Version 3.5 can create thumbnails in a subfolder, cam only create icons for the original image files and supports the BMP thumbnail format. [116KB]
- XMenu 1.0 (freeware) "brings back the Apple Menu to Mac OS X and includes also a complete application launcher. By adding one or more global menus to the right side of the menu bar you can easily access your preferred applications, folders (and subfolders), documents and files." It runs on Mac OS X 10.3 or later. [120KB]
- Celview 3.03 for Mac OS 9/X provides you with the ability to connect to IBM AS/400 and Mainframe systems, providing 3270 and 5250 terminal emulation, file transfer, and printing capabilities. It now supports multiple Macintosh keyboards, more robust FTP functionality, and support for both Panther and Jaguar. Pricing starts at $180 through March 1, 2004.
- FireStarter 1.0b6 is a maintenance release to the Cocoa-based burning application which will allow you to "duplicate all kind of CDs (even those that other Mac OS X applications won't), burn VCDs and SVCDs, and have access to unique features such as overburning and CDDB access." [1.6MB]
- Entourage Email Archive X 1.8.1 is an utility for archiving emails and attachments you have received or sent using Microsoft Entourage X in Mac OS X. It supports archiving to the Finder or export as a text file, .eml file, or a tab-delimited text file. It adds new settings for archiving emails as native .eml files, rerranges the interface preferences, and more. [780KB]