updated 12:15 pm EST, Fri January 9, 2004
DiscBlaze, QiPo, Burnz
- VesperWorks has released QiPo 1.6.2, an update to the utility that generates previews from QuickTime movies. It offers better compatibility with Mac OS X 10.3 Panther; a $10 registration unlocks advanced features. [1.6MB]
- Burnz 1.1 ($13) is a drag-and-drop disc-burning application that claims to burn data discs "at least twice as fast as the Finder on most Macs." Version 1.1 adds an Icon Browser and novel Instant Icons feature that lets the user instantly create a fully masked photorealistic icon by simply dragging a picture onto the Burnz Icon Browser (optimized for Google image search).
- Olivier Delécluse has released iBeeZz 2.2.1, a shareware (€10) scheduling application for your Mac. It offers functions for wake up, sleep, startup, shutdown, restart, open files, and iTunes. Version 2.2.1 brings Mac OS X Panther compatibility and multi-scheduling. It is available in English, French, German, Japanese and Spanish.
- The RSS/Blog reader NewsFan 1.2 for Mac OS X integrates Apple's WebKit, supports Web navigation, offers bookmarking/history, includes filtering, and supports blog search. It runs on Mac OS X 10.2 or later and is $25. [1.3MB]
- iTunes interuser-Remote 1.5 ($1 shareware) offers the ability to control a running version of iTunes from another user account on the same machine: "When Fast User Switching is used, if one of the users has iTunes open, then the music is paused when that user is not the active user, and the other users can not launch their own copies of iTunes." [629KB]
- OraCal2iCal 2.5 copies your personal "Oracle Calendar" (AKA "Corporate Time") calendar into iCal, so you can synch your calendar to any device that will synch with iCal or just look at it in the iCal interface. [877KB]