updated 02:20 pm EST, Sun January 4, 2004
- Version 1.2.5 of ]
- Cheetah3D 1.1 ($60) is low cost 3D polygon and subdivision surface modeller. New features in version 1.1 include the support of up to 16 different materials per mesh and the support for creases in subdivision surfaces. There are also new polygon tools and many bug fixes included. [5.5MB]
- iPatch 2.1 can compare resources of two applications to produce a self-applying patch to update an older version of an application to a newer version. It now includes multi-patch option and is now both Panther and Jaguar compatible as well as patch Carbon Applications and Resources Fork files. It is a free update to the $7 shareware.
- FitQue ($15) is a "new a pdf print spooler targeted for printing houses and DTP studios, which automatically re-scales pdf job to fit to page. The main idea behind the utility is that the studios output a lot of single pages with crop&check marks which doesn't fit to printing page." [560KB]
- Xenquin Software has released Zap 1.0, a new game for Mac OS X 10.2 or later: "You are one of the engineers working at the local power plant. Being new to this work, you are always given the lousiest jobs, from polishing door knobs to solving tricky situations, and this day is no exception to that." A 30-day demo of the $15 shareware is available. [3.8MB]
- RealCADD 3.60 updates the low-cost ($95) 2D CAD software for Mac OS 9/X with two new tools of construction: chamfer and fillet (with tool Prolong-Cut) as well as the ability to calculate and display lengths and areas of objects and a new "Paste special..." command. [2.2MB]