Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Studio Artist 3.0
Synthetik Software today released Studio Artist 3.0 described as the "world's first graphics synthesizer" application. Version 3.0 is optimized for both Mac OS X and OS 9 and includes over 8 hours of QuickTime video tutorials and instructional guides as well as several new features, including the new Vectorizer raster to vector synthesizer with EPS output capabilities, MSG plug-in architecture, live video processing, enhanced animation capabilities, and greatly expanded image processing and Paint Synthesizer functionality. It is available for $380 with upgrades priced at $180.
T-Squared Software today released FootTrack 1.5, an update to its Mac OS X application that allows you to import, catalog and easily search your digital video tape footage. Version 1.5 adds the ability to capture from video camera directly into any FootTrack catalog, can now export both tape and clip information, more naming options on import, and new keyboard shortcuts for viewing movies. A single-user license is $40.
VLC 0.70 media player
The VideoLAN team has released VLC 0.7.0, an update to its media player for Mac OS X. It offers major core enhancements, RTP/RTSP client support, new audio visual effects, more supported formats (Speex, MPEG2 422, AAC+SBR, etc.), improved support for subtitles, improved stream output (muxing and transcoding), RTP streaming, support for Mac OS X 10.3, a new controller, the ability to save playlists, support for raw dumping of streams to disk, and a new repeat mode. The freeware client supports various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 22 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 16 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Apple increasing employment in Ireland, creating 1,000 more jobs - 15 replies
- F.lux developers pull sideloaded app following Apple's complaint - 9 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Tim Cook addresses retail, commences 'inclusion training' company-wide - 7 replies