Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Studio Artist 3.0
Synthetik Software today released Studio Artist 3.0 described as the "world's first graphics synthesizer" application. Version 3.0 is optimized for both Mac OS X and OS 9 and includes over 8 hours of QuickTime video tutorials and instructional guides as well as several new features, including the new Vectorizer raster to vector synthesizer with EPS output capabilities, MSG plug-in architecture, live video processing, enhanced animation capabilities, and greatly expanded image processing and Paint Synthesizer functionality. It is available for $380 with upgrades priced at $180.
T-Squared Software today released FootTrack 1.5, an update to its Mac OS X application that allows you to import, catalog and easily search your digital video tape footage. Version 1.5 adds the ability to capture from video camera directly into any FootTrack catalog, can now export both tape and clip information, more naming options on import, and new keyboard shortcuts for viewing movies. A single-user license is $40.
VLC 0.70 media player
The VideoLAN team has released VLC 0.7.0, an update to its media player for Mac OS X. It offers major core enhancements, RTP/RTSP client support, new audio visual effects, more supported formats (Speex, MPEG2 422, AAC+SBR, etc.), improved support for subtitles, improved stream output (muxing and transcoding), RTP streaming, support for Mac OS X 10.3, a new controller, the ability to save playlists, support for raw dumping of streams to disk, and a new repeat mode. The freeware client supports various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Apple, Amazon refuse to disclose federal diversity data - 6 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies