Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Studio Artist 3.0
Synthetik Software today released Studio Artist 3.0 described as the "world's first graphics synthesizer" application. Version 3.0 is optimized for both Mac OS X and OS 9 and includes over 8 hours of QuickTime video tutorials and instructional guides as well as several new features, including the new Vectorizer raster to vector synthesizer with EPS output capabilities, MSG plug-in architecture, live video processing, enhanced animation capabilities, and greatly expanded image processing and Paint Synthesizer functionality. It is available for $380 with upgrades priced at $180.
T-Squared Software today released FootTrack 1.5, an update to its Mac OS X application that allows you to import, catalog and easily search your digital video tape footage. Version 1.5 adds the ability to capture from video camera directly into any FootTrack catalog, can now export both tape and clip information, more naming options on import, and new keyboard shortcuts for viewing movies. A single-user license is $40.
VLC 0.70 media player
The VideoLAN team has released VLC 0.7.0, an update to its media player for Mac OS X. It offers major core enhancements, RTP/RTSP client support, new audio visual effects, more supported formats (Speex, MPEG2 422, AAC+SBR, etc.), improved support for subtitles, improved stream output (muxing and transcoding), RTP streaming, support for Mac OS X 10.3, a new controller, the ability to save playlists, support for raw dumping of streams to disk, and a new repeat mode. The freeware client supports various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies
- Apple breaks quarterly records with strong iPhone, Mac sales - 6 replies