Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Studio Artist 3.0
Synthetik Software today released Studio Artist 3.0 described as the "world's first graphics synthesizer" application. Version 3.0 is optimized for both Mac OS X and OS 9 and includes over 8 hours of QuickTime video tutorials and instructional guides as well as several new features, including the new Vectorizer raster to vector synthesizer with EPS output capabilities, MSG plug-in architecture, live video processing, enhanced animation capabilities, and greatly expanded image processing and Paint Synthesizer functionality. It is available for $380 with upgrades priced at $180.
T-Squared Software today released FootTrack 1.5, an update to its Mac OS X application that allows you to import, catalog and easily search your digital video tape footage. Version 1.5 adds the ability to capture from video camera directly into any FootTrack catalog, can now export both tape and clip information, more naming options on import, and new keyboard shortcuts for viewing movies. A single-user license is $40.
VLC 0.70 media player
The VideoLAN team has released VLC 0.7.0, an update to its media player for Mac OS X. It offers major core enhancements, RTP/RTSP client support, new audio visual effects, more supported formats (Speex, MPEG2 422, AAC+SBR, etc.), improved support for subtitles, improved stream output (muxing and transcoding), RTP streaming, support for Mac OS X 10.3, a new controller, the ability to save playlists, support for raw dumping of streams to disk, and a new repeat mode. The freeware client supports various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Hands On: Griffin Powermate Bluetooth - 9 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Samsung upgrades Ultimate Test Drive with $200 switching offer - 6 replies
- Hands On: Twitter 3.1.0 (OS X) - 6 replies