Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Mac OS X Up-To-Date
Apple has extended its Mac OS X Up-To-Date program, which provides customers who purchase a qualifying new Macintosh computer on or after October 8, 2003 that does not have Mac OS X Panther v10.3, an upgrade path to Mac OS X Panther. Customers who purchase a qualifying new Power Mac G5 (M9020LL/A, M9031LL/A, M9032LL/A) regardless of purchase date that does not have Mac OS X Panther v10.3 included can upgrade to Mac OS X Panther. Users must pay a $20 shipping & handling fee. The program ends on January 31, 2004.
Mac OS X 10.3.2 Server
Apple's Mac OS X 10.3.2. Server update provides enhanced functionality and improved reliability for Mac OS X Server version 10.3 and is recommended for all systems. The update offers a number of key enhancements in the 54MB download, including, improved Kerberos support for AFP services, enhanced Server Admin and Workgroup Manager applications, improved Network Image Utility and QTSS Publisher applications, improved integration with Active Directory, MySQL 4.0.16, more robust printing to PostScript printers, faster importing of user records, and FileVault, FireWire 800, WebDAV and USB Printing improvements from Update 10.3.1.
Security Update released
Apple has released Security Update 2003-12-19, which it says delivers a number of security enhancements, including several updated components: AFP Server, ASN.1 Decoding for PKI, cd9660.util, Directory Services, fetchmail, fs_usage, rsync, and System Initialization. The update was expected to be released on Thursday. Apple also made available a recommended update to the QuickTime 6 MPEG-2 Playback Component, which restores MPEG-2 playback on affected systems (due the date expiry bug noted earlier this week and patched for some via a download at the Apple Store). Both are available via the Mac OS X Software Update.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 57 replies
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 23 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Gartner: Apple rises, Samsung drops in worldwide phone share - 6 replies
- Pointers: Join a Mac/iOS User Group! - 6 replies