updated 10:40 pm EST, Thu December 18, 2003
Flash MX 2004, AE 6.0
- Macromedia's ]
- Adobe's After Effects 6.0 Plug-in update fixes problems in the Radial Wipe effect and in OpenGL shadows on Mac OS X v.10.3. The After Effects 6.0 Plug-in update will modify both Standard and Professional versions (retail, education, and OEM versions). [AE 6.0 plugin]
- Seapine has released TestTrack Pro 6.1, an update to its bug-tracking solution that adds spell checking with support for 11 languages and user-customizable dictionaries, email notifications with hyperlinks, and electronic signature and verbose audit trail options. Licenses start at $300. [form]
- Seapine's Surround SCM 2.1 updates the $300 change management solution. It adds reporting options including trend and labeled file reports provide better change management process feedback, Eclipse IDE integration, improved repository differencing, and a new file details pane. [form]
- NI has updated its vintage synth PRO-53, which brings Mac OS X (standalone and as a plug-in), support for Core Audio and Core MIDI, and as well as Audio Units, RTAS and VST 2 plug-in formats on Mac OS X. The update will be available in a few weeks on CD for $50 and is available now for $30.
- Vvidget Code 9.1 now includes two Xcode projects, one for Cocoa the other for Carbon, demonstrating how to add source code to display graphs, from line graphs to 3D surface graphs, to applications. Version 9.1 also improves 3D graphs and can be Applescript driven or programmed in Objective-C, ANSI-C and C++ using either the Carbon or Cocoa programming systems.
- Spherico has released a new 'Shifter' Plugin to mix PAL DV and SD video: "Shifter is a free plug in for Final Cut Pro which shifts the clip one video line down. So PAL DV25/PRO25/PRO50 and SD clips can be used in the same timeline. Also reverse speed will look much cleaner with this filter." [form]
- Norbyte has released an update to its $17 3D arcade/puzzle game: Downfall 2.1.1 "takes the falling blocks genre one step further with its real-time 3D graphics and 28 uniquely designed implementations of the classic concept." [827KB]