Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
ArtMatic Pro 3.5
U & I Software has released ArtMatic Pro 3.5, an update to its programmable graphics synthesizer capable of synthesizing stunning graphics and animation as well as processing external still images and QuickTime movies. Users can create digital fine art as well as studio-quality video effects, filters and transitions. The update includes over 60 new and modified components as well as a geographical shader, increased color resolution, the ability to use multiple gradients in a single image, and direct sound input selection. The new 3.5 engine also makes it possible to design planet surfaces, color textures, and cloudscapes for ArtMatic Voyager. Electronic delivery for Mac OS 9/X is $250.
ArtMatic Voyager 1.0
U & I Software has released ArtMatic Voyager 1.0, a new application for 3D world design. It allows artists to create, explore and render photo-realistic 3D worlds with exquisite detail. ArtMatic Voyager uses non-polygonal rendering techniques that allow huge worlds (several times larger than Earth) to be created from compact files. Worlds can be based on either the built-in planet models or external ArtMatic files. ArtMatic Pro (available separately or as a bundle companion) can be used to design entirely new terrains, color textures, cloudscapes and backdrops. It is available now for $130 for both Mac OS 9/X or bundled with ArtMatic Pro for $300.
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Netflix forges agreement with Comcast to end video speed throttling - 14 replies
- Opinion: How will Apple maintain usability on a larger iPhone? - 14 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies