Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
ArtMatic Pro 3.5
U & I Software has released ArtMatic Pro 3.5, an update to its programmable graphics synthesizer capable of synthesizing stunning graphics and animation as well as processing external still images and QuickTime movies. Users can create digital fine art as well as studio-quality video effects, filters and transitions. The update includes over 60 new and modified components as well as a geographical shader, increased color resolution, the ability to use multiple gradients in a single image, and direct sound input selection. The new 3.5 engine also makes it possible to design planet surfaces, color textures, and cloudscapes for ArtMatic Voyager. Electronic delivery for Mac OS 9/X is $250.
ArtMatic Voyager 1.0
U & I Software has released ArtMatic Voyager 1.0, a new application for 3D world design. It allows artists to create, explore and render photo-realistic 3D worlds with exquisite detail. ArtMatic Voyager uses non-polygonal rendering techniques that allow huge worlds (several times larger than Earth) to be created from compact files. Worlds can be based on either the built-in planet models or external ArtMatic files. ArtMatic Pro (available separately or as a bundle companion) can be used to design entirely new terrains, color textures, cloudscapes and backdrops. It is available now for $130 for both Mac OS 9/X or bundled with ArtMatic Pro for $300.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- Feature: Five reasons to skip El Capitan for now - 31 replies
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Opinion: OS X El Capitan -- Upgrade or Not? - 21 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 20 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 12 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Security flaw in iOS 9 discovered, could expose photos, contacts - 11 replies
- Songwriter criticizes low royalty payments from streaming services - 11 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies