Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
ArtMatic Pro 3.5
U & I Software has released ArtMatic Pro 3.5, an update to its programmable graphics synthesizer capable of synthesizing stunning graphics and animation as well as processing external still images and QuickTime movies. Users can create digital fine art as well as studio-quality video effects, filters and transitions. The update includes over 60 new and modified components as well as a geographical shader, increased color resolution, the ability to use multiple gradients in a single image, and direct sound input selection. The new 3.5 engine also makes it possible to design planet surfaces, color textures, and cloudscapes for ArtMatic Voyager. Electronic delivery for Mac OS 9/X is $250.
ArtMatic Voyager 1.0
U & I Software has released ArtMatic Voyager 1.0, a new application for 3D world design. It allows artists to create, explore and render photo-realistic 3D worlds with exquisite detail. ArtMatic Voyager uses non-polygonal rendering techniques that allow huge worlds (several times larger than Earth) to be created from compact files. Worlds can be based on either the built-in planet models or external ArtMatic files. ArtMatic Pro (available separately or as a bundle companion) can be used to design entirely new terrains, color textures, cloudscapes and backdrops. It is available now for $130 for both Mac OS 9/X or bundled with ArtMatic Pro for $300.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 66 replies
- Opinion: four myths about the iPad Pro - 25 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Customer wins in lawsuit over data loss caused by Apple Store repair - 10 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- MacUpdate tests changes in face of challenging specialist market - 6 replies
- Pointers: Join a Mac/iOS User Group! - 6 replies
- Gartner: Apple rises, Samsung drops in worldwide phone share - 6 replies