Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
ArtMatic Pro 3.5
U & I Software has released ArtMatic Pro 3.5, an update to its programmable graphics synthesizer capable of synthesizing stunning graphics and animation as well as processing external still images and QuickTime movies. Users can create digital fine art as well as studio-quality video effects, filters and transitions. The update includes over 60 new and modified components as well as a geographical shader, increased color resolution, the ability to use multiple gradients in a single image, and direct sound input selection. The new 3.5 engine also makes it possible to design planet surfaces, color textures, and cloudscapes for ArtMatic Voyager. Electronic delivery for Mac OS 9/X is $250.
ArtMatic Voyager 1.0
U & I Software has released ArtMatic Voyager 1.0, a new application for 3D world design. It allows artists to create, explore and render photo-realistic 3D worlds with exquisite detail. ArtMatic Voyager uses non-polygonal rendering techniques that allow huge worlds (several times larger than Earth) to be created from compact files. Worlds can be based on either the built-in planet models or external ArtMatic files. ArtMatic Pro (available separately or as a bundle companion) can be used to design entirely new terrains, color textures, cloudscapes and backdrops. It is available now for $130 for both Mac OS 9/X or bundled with ArtMatic Pro for $300.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 8 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies