Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
ArtMatic Pro 3.5
U & I Software has released ArtMatic Pro 3.5, an update to its programmable graphics synthesizer capable of synthesizing stunning graphics and animation as well as processing external still images and QuickTime movies. Users can create digital fine art as well as studio-quality video effects, filters and transitions. The update includes over 60 new and modified components as well as a geographical shader, increased color resolution, the ability to use multiple gradients in a single image, and direct sound input selection. The new 3.5 engine also makes it possible to design planet surfaces, color textures, and cloudscapes for ArtMatic Voyager. Electronic delivery for Mac OS 9/X is $250.
ArtMatic Voyager 1.0
U & I Software has released ArtMatic Voyager 1.0, a new application for 3D world design. It allows artists to create, explore and render photo-realistic 3D worlds with exquisite detail. ArtMatic Voyager uses non-polygonal rendering techniques that allow huge worlds (several times larger than Earth) to be created from compact files. Worlds can be based on either the built-in planet models or external ArtMatic files. ArtMatic Pro (available separately or as a bundle companion) can be used to design entirely new terrains, color textures, cloudscapes and backdrops. It is available now for $130 for both Mac OS 9/X or bundled with ArtMatic Pro for $300.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Pono struggling to expand due to lack of resources, no new CEO - 6 replies