Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
G5 cluster ranks third
The Virginia Tech supercomputer -- composed of 1100 Apple Power Mac G5 computers -- is ranked third on a list of the 500 most powerful supercomputers. Japan's Earth Simulator and the Los Alamos National Laboratory's supercomputer are the only clusters to outperform the Virginia Tech system. The Virginia Tech cluster has a peak theoretical output of 17600 gigaflops.
ROUTE 66 Route USA 2004
ROUTE 66 Route USA 2004 is now available for the Mac, according to one MacNN reader: "ROUTE 66 Route USA 2004 is more than just a route planner for planning all your business and private journeys efficiently. Besides containing more than 6,500,000 streets in the US & Canada, ROUTE 66 contains no less than 4,000,000 Points of Interest in over 60 categories like hotels, restaurants and petrol stations, most of which together with their addresses and telephone numbers. What is more, ROUTE 66 also provides support for GPS, enabling you to establish your exact location using satellite navigation and ensuring that you will never lose your way again." The $40 software is available for Mac OS X 10.1 or later.
FCP Motion Tracking plugin
Lyric Media has released a new kit of motion tracking and image stabilization plugins for Apple's Final Cut Pro and Final Cut Express video editing systems. The Motion Tracking plugin kit uses a sub-pixel feature tracking engine that supports frame-by-frame correction and track smoothing. The kit includes plugins for sub-pixel image stabilization, pinning clips to moving features within other clips, automatically-tracked "cop show" feature blurring, and 4-point corner pinning for attaching signs, etc. to moving objects and buildings with automatic perspective correction. It is available for $50. [791KB]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimately there's one thing we all want from smartphone accessories; we want options. When it comes to keeping our iPhone charged, w ...iHome iBT74 Color Changing Bluetooth Speaker
There's no reason why your tech can't look good while doing what it was designed to do. That's the reason that sports cars look goo ...Logitech Gaming Daedalus Prime Mouse
Logitech Gaming continues to expand upon its peripherals line, with each one looking to fit neatly into a breadth of gaming needs. Bui ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple Music launch cripples Home Sharing, alters iTunes Match - 17 replies
- Apple retracts App Store games with Confederate flag imagery [u] - 15 replies
- Apple Music, iOS 8.4 update are on the air; servers hammered [u] - 11 replies
- Classic Mac OS System 7.5.5 made to run on Apple Watch - 10 replies
- Comment: An independent artist's view on Apple Music - 9 replies
- Universal issues first full 'Steve Jobs' movie trailer - 9 replies
- Apple updates OS X to 10.10.4; includes networking, Mail, Photos fixes - 8 replies
- Hands On: iOS 9 Preview for iPad Air 2 - 8 replies
- Editorial: Pardon? You don't like Apple Music? - 7 replies
- Hands On: iTunes 12.2.0 (OS X) - 7 replies