Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iTMS Gift Certificates
The Apple Store is offering iTunes Music Gift Certificates, which it first introduced with its second-generation iTunes Music Store in mid-October. The certificates are available in amounts ranging from $10 to $200 can be used purchase songs without using credit card and can be sent to anyone with an email address.
iTMS: \'Coolest invention\'
Apple's iTunes Music Store is one of TIME Magazine's Coolest Inventions of 2003: "Jobs has one more reason not to be concerned about the competition. 'The dirty little secret of all this is there's no way to make money on these stores," he says. For every 99¢ Apple gets from your credit card, 65¢ goes straight to the music label. Another quarter or so gets eaten up by distribution costs. At most, Jobs is left with a dime per track, so even $500 million in annual sales would add up to a paltry $50 million profit. Why even bother? 'Because we're selling iPods.' ..That may make iTunes the most benign-looking Trojan Horse in software history."
iBooks for kindergarteners
Williams Elementary School in Pittsfield, Massachusetts recently purchased a iBooks for its elementary school kids: "The iBook Wireless Mobile Lab made its first appearance at Williams on Friday morning as 19 kindergarten pupils were given laptop computers from the unit to work with...The mobile lab system also contains a wireless connection so that children can use the laptops anywhere within 150 feet of the cart. Avalle said some of the youngsters took the laptops into the school's courtyard and playground to work on them."
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies