Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iTMS Gift Certificates
The Apple Store is offering iTunes Music Gift Certificates, which it first introduced with its second-generation iTunes Music Store in mid-October. The certificates are available in amounts ranging from $10 to $200 can be used purchase songs without using credit card and can be sent to anyone with an email address.
iTMS: \'Coolest invention\'
Apple's iTunes Music Store is one of TIME Magazine's Coolest Inventions of 2003: "Jobs has one more reason not to be concerned about the competition. 'The dirty little secret of all this is there's no way to make money on these stores," he says. For every 99¢ Apple gets from your credit card, 65¢ goes straight to the music label. Another quarter or so gets eaten up by distribution costs. At most, Jobs is left with a dime per track, so even $500 million in annual sales would add up to a paltry $50 million profit. Why even bother? 'Because we're selling iPods.' ..That may make iTunes the most benign-looking Trojan Horse in software history."
iBooks for kindergarteners
Williams Elementary School in Pittsfield, Massachusetts recently purchased a iBooks for its elementary school kids: "The iBook Wireless Mobile Lab made its first appearance at Williams on Friday morning as 19 kindergarten pupils were given laptop computers from the unit to work with...The mobile lab system also contains a wireless connection so that children can use the laptops anywhere within 150 feet of the cart. Avalle said some of the youngsters took the laptops into the school's courtyard and playground to work on them."
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Netflix forges agreement with Comcast to end video speed throttling - 14 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies