Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iTMS Gift Certificates
The Apple Store is offering iTunes Music Gift Certificates, which it first introduced with its second-generation iTunes Music Store in mid-October. The certificates are available in amounts ranging from $10 to $200 can be used purchase songs without using credit card and can be sent to anyone with an email address.
iTMS: \'Coolest invention\'
Apple's iTunes Music Store is one of TIME Magazine's Coolest Inventions of 2003: "Jobs has one more reason not to be concerned about the competition. 'The dirty little secret of all this is there's no way to make money on these stores," he says. For every 99¢ Apple gets from your credit card, 65¢ goes straight to the music label. Another quarter or so gets eaten up by distribution costs. At most, Jobs is left with a dime per track, so even $500 million in annual sales would add up to a paltry $50 million profit. Why even bother? 'Because we're selling iPods.' ..That may make iTunes the most benign-looking Trojan Horse in software history."
iBooks for kindergarteners
Williams Elementary School in Pittsfield, Massachusetts recently purchased a iBooks for its elementary school kids: "The iBook Wireless Mobile Lab made its first appearance at Williams on Friday morning as 19 kindergarten pupils were given laptop computers from the unit to work with...The mobile lab system also contains a wireless connection so that children can use the laptops anywhere within 150 feet of the cart. Avalle said some of the youngsters took the laptops into the school's courtyard and playground to work on them."
The list of gaming devices is growing larger with each passing day. A large number of companies have entered the gaming input arena, a ...Cambridge Audio DacMagic XS
Every computer with a microphone or headphone port has one -- a digital to analog converter (DAC). There are nearly as many chipsets a ...D-Link Wi-Fi Smart Plug
Home automation fans have been getting their fair share of gadgets and accessories in the last few years. Starting with light bulbs, a ...
10 Most Discussed
- OS X Yosemite public beta now available - 23 replies
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- Sources call for Yosemite in late Oct., Retina MacBook, Mac with 4K - 11 replies
- Apple, IBM announce collaboration on big data, analytics apps [U] - 10 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies
- Cook blames second quarterly drop in iPads on anticipation - 8 replies
- Apple's iPad may pose risks for people with nickel allergies - 7 replies