Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iTMS Gift Certificates
The Apple Store is offering iTunes Music Gift Certificates, which it first introduced with its second-generation iTunes Music Store in mid-October. The certificates are available in amounts ranging from $10 to $200 can be used purchase songs without using credit card and can be sent to anyone with an email address.
iTMS: \'Coolest invention\'
Apple's iTunes Music Store is one of TIME Magazine's Coolest Inventions of 2003: "Jobs has one more reason not to be concerned about the competition. 'The dirty little secret of all this is there's no way to make money on these stores," he says. For every 99¢ Apple gets from your credit card, 65¢ goes straight to the music label. Another quarter or so gets eaten up by distribution costs. At most, Jobs is left with a dime per track, so even $500 million in annual sales would add up to a paltry $50 million profit. Why even bother? 'Because we're selling iPods.' ..That may make iTunes the most benign-looking Trojan Horse in software history."
iBooks for kindergarteners
Williams Elementary School in Pittsfield, Massachusetts recently purchased a iBooks for its elementary school kids: "The iBook Wireless Mobile Lab made its first appearance at Williams on Friday morning as 19 kindergarten pupils were given laptop computers from the unit to work with...The mobile lab system also contains a wireless connection so that children can use the laptops anywhere within 150 feet of the cart. Avalle said some of the youngsters took the laptops into the school's courtyard and playground to work on them."
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
The Jorno Bluetooth keyboard and stand for tablets certainly looks nice. The gunmetal grey shell of the keyboard looks great while the ...Apple 12-inch Retina MacBook
It is an exciting time for consumer technology, with gadgets and devices that once used to the stuff of dreams now coming to fruition. ...JBL Synchros Reflect in-ear headphones
All headphones are not created equally, especially when it comes to use during vigorous activities or workouts. Over-the-ear headphone ...
10 Most Discussed
- The Feature Thief: Apple taketh away, sometimes giveth back - 26 replies
- The Feature Thief, conclusion: AppleWorks and the lessons learned - 24 replies
- The Feature Thief, part one: Pages - 20 replies
- The Feature Thief, part three: iWeb - 16 replies
- Apple updates Watch support page, admits tattoos may be a problem - 15 replies
- The Feature Thief, part two: Final Cut Pro, iMovie, iDVD - 11 replies
- Google cuts YouTube support for older Apple TV, Google TV, iOS devices - 9 replies
- Wrist tattoos may interfere with Apple Watch functions, reports say - 8 replies
- Google unveils new scheme to acquire unwanted patents - 7 replies
- Flaw in iPad 'flight bag' software grounds AA flights [U] - 7 replies