Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
WiebeTech ships IDE-to-Serial ATA bridge
WiebeTech is now shipping a Serial ATA Dock (SATADock), which allows IDE drives to be attached to any Serial ATA host port, including those on a Power Mac G5. It converts common IDE drives into Serial ATA Devices: the external port of this product is Serial ATA, while the internal port attaches to IDE drives (functioning as an internal IDE-to-Serial ATA bridge). SATADock includes a special 2 meter shielded Serial ATA cable and is $120 alone or $140 with a Power Supply. The $170 "Complete" kit adds a PCI Host controller. Extra cables are $15 (1m) and $25 (2m).
Apps: CocoaGestures, iUnit, Salling Clicker..
BITart has released CocoaGestures 1.2, brings Panther support to the free tool that adds mouse gestures to any Cocoa application. BITart's new CocoaSuite 1.0 ($30) is a suite of utilities that enhances control of Cocoa applications, adding Mouse Gestures, modification of keyboard shortcuts, Mnemonics, TextSnippets and a virtual scroll wheel/jog dial for laptop users. [CG, CS]
The €220 Adobe Acrobat plug-in ImageEngine 1.01 adds a German user interface and documentation as well as fixes a few bugs. ImageEngine exports images from PDF documents in prepress quality without changing the color space of the images. Other functions include inspect, extract, render, and import. [2.2MB]
Salling Clicker 2.0.1 is a minor update to its software that lets users remotely control Macintosh applications via Bluetooth from a mobile phone or PDA. It includes support for Panther, Palm OS 4 handhelds, and new Sony Ericsson phones and performance and UI enhancements. [2.0MB]
Black Cat Systems's iUnit 2.6 updates the $20 measurement unit conversion program for Mac OS 8/9/X with additional conversions for force and power. iUnit converts between 1287 different units of distance, mass, volume, velocity, density, currency, etc. and contains 80 commonly used constants. [381KB]
DarkAdapted 1.1 is a freeware gamma control application program. It modifies your screen gamma settings so that you may, for example, preserve your dark adaptation while using your computer. [Classic, OSX]
Pixture Studio has released PDFViewCM 1.1, its contextual menu plugin that displays PDF files without launching any applications. It supports multiple page PDF files with functions such as page jump, zooming, printing, etc. It adds a rotate function, keyboard functions, French localization, and bug fixes. [190KB]
There are a lot of cloud services out there, and nearly all of them can be used for backing up key files and folders. A few dedicated ...Plantronics BackBeat Pro Bluetooth headphones
Looking for a pair of headphones that can do everything a user requires is a task that can take some study. Trying to decide on in-ear ...MaxUpgrades 512GB Retina MacBook Pro SSD
Apple's Retina line of MacBook Pro notebooks have been impressive, right from their debut in 2012. Thinner than the previous model, t ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Senator Ted Cruz off the mark with net neutrality comments - 15 replies
- Some Safari users experiencing severe YouTube playback problems - 12 replies
- First Look: Apple iMac with 5K Retina Display - 10 replies
- Xiaomi looking to overtake Apple, Samsung in the next 10 years - 9 replies
- Watchmakers issue cease-and-desists to smartwatch face creators - 9 replies
- Obama signs E-Label Act, allows manufacturers to remove rear logos - 9 replies
- Apple responds, points out flaws in AAA study of 'distracting' Siri - 8 replies
- Upp hydrogen fuel cell available in Apple Stores in United Kingdom - 7 replies
- Monday Deals: 55-inch 4K television, four-bay NAS, GoG DRM-free sale - 6 replies
- Data suggests iPhone 6 outselling 6 Plus by nearly 3-to-1 margin - 6 replies