Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
WiebeTech ships IDE-to-Serial ATA bridge
WiebeTech is now shipping a Serial ATA Dock (SATADock), which allows IDE drives to be attached to any Serial ATA host port, including those on a Power Mac G5. It converts common IDE drives into Serial ATA Devices: the external port of this product is Serial ATA, while the internal port attaches to IDE drives (functioning as an internal IDE-to-Serial ATA bridge). SATADock includes a special 2 meter shielded Serial ATA cable and is $120 alone or $140 with a Power Supply. The $170 "Complete" kit adds a PCI Host controller. Extra cables are $15 (1m) and $25 (2m).
Apps: CocoaGestures, iUnit, Salling Clicker..
BITart has released CocoaGestures 1.2, brings Panther support to the free tool that adds mouse gestures to any Cocoa application. BITart's new CocoaSuite 1.0 ($30) is a suite of utilities that enhances control of Cocoa applications, adding Mouse Gestures, modification of keyboard shortcuts, Mnemonics, TextSnippets and a virtual scroll wheel/jog dial for laptop users. [CG, CS]
The €220 Adobe Acrobat plug-in ImageEngine 1.01 adds a German user interface and documentation as well as fixes a few bugs. ImageEngine exports images from PDF documents in prepress quality without changing the color space of the images. Other functions include inspect, extract, render, and import. [2.2MB]
Salling Clicker 2.0.1 is a minor update to its software that lets users remotely control Macintosh applications via Bluetooth from a mobile phone or PDA. It includes support for Panther, Palm OS 4 handhelds, and new Sony Ericsson phones and performance and UI enhancements. [2.0MB]
Black Cat Systems's iUnit 2.6 updates the $20 measurement unit conversion program for Mac OS 8/9/X with additional conversions for force and power. iUnit converts between 1287 different units of distance, mass, volume, velocity, density, currency, etc. and contains 80 commonly used constants. [381KB]
DarkAdapted 1.1 is a freeware gamma control application program. It modifies your screen gamma settings so that you may, for example, preserve your dark adaptation while using your computer. [Classic, OSX]
Pixture Studio has released PDFViewCM 1.1, its contextual menu plugin that displays PDF files without launching any applications. It supports multiple page PDF files with functions such as page jump, zooming, printing, etc. It adds a rotate function, keyboard functions, French localization, and bug fixes. [190KB]
Home automation fans have been getting their fair share of gadgets and accessories in the last few years. Starting with light bulbs, a ...Razer Kraken Pro headset
Gaming headphones are a challenge to get right, for a long list of reasons that are unique to the consumer buying them. Some shoppers ...Patriot Aero Wireless Mobile Drive
Regardless of how large a tablet you buy, you always want more space. There's always one more movie or another album you'd cram on, ...
10 Most Discussed
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- Apple, IBM announce collaboration on big data, analytics apps [U] - 10 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies
- Apple now blocking older Flash Player plug-ins, citing security flaw - 9 replies
- Cook blames second quarterly drop in iPads on anticipation - 8 replies
- Apple's iPad may pose risks for people with nickel allergies - 7 replies
- New commercial debuts for MacBook Air, entitled 'Stickers' - 7 replies