Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
AP: Nitrus fails to match iPod in value
So far, no gadget has come close in mimicking the style and simplicity of Apple's top-selling iPod digital music player, but the new Rio Nitrus could be the first "real contender." The Nitrus' interface is comparable to that of the iPod, but features smaller buttons due to its small form factor. At $300, the Nitrus offers 1.5 gigabytes of storage, enough for about 375 songs. The $300 iPod, Apple's low-end model, has 10 gigabytes of space -- enough for 2,500 songs. While much smaller than the iPod, the Nitrus "still doesn't recapture the music player crown for Rio," says Associated Press writer Matthew Fordahl, "the sleek black gadget is too pricey, its software lackluster, and hard drive too skimpy for the price."
Dean supporters launch \"switch\" ads
Supporters of U.S. presidential candidate Howard Dean have assembled a Web site that mimics Apple's "Switch" advertising campaign by showcasing the stories of voters who have "switched" to Howard Dean.
Tech: Longhorn delays; Lee Parson arrest
Weekend tech news: Microsoft has once again shifted the schedule for the release of "Longhorn," the company's next major version of Windows; a friend of a Minnesota high school student charged with unleashing a new strain of the Blaster Internet worm that infected computers around the world described him on Saturday as "just a kid" who is likely innocent; In the underground world of Internet attackers, Jeffrey Lee Parson is a small fish, security experts say.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 12 replies
- FCC petitioned by hotels to allow disrupting guest-created hotspots - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- Obama: Sony hack not act of war; Anonymous promises attacks on NK - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Apple to charge VAT per-country at European App Stores - 6 replies
- Apple rejects conclusions of BBC expose showing supply chain abuses - 6 replies
- CalDigit reveals $200 Thunderbolt Station 2 - 6 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies