Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
AP: Nitrus fails to match iPod in value
So far, no gadget has come close in mimicking the style and simplicity of Apple's top-selling iPod digital music player, but the new Rio Nitrus could be the first "real contender." The Nitrus' interface is comparable to that of the iPod, but features smaller buttons due to its small form factor. At $300, the Nitrus offers 1.5 gigabytes of storage, enough for about 375 songs. The $300 iPod, Apple's low-end model, has 10 gigabytes of space -- enough for 2,500 songs. While much smaller than the iPod, the Nitrus "still doesn't recapture the music player crown for Rio," says Associated Press writer Matthew Fordahl, "the sleek black gadget is too pricey, its software lackluster, and hard drive too skimpy for the price."
Dean supporters launch \"switch\" ads
Supporters of U.S. presidential candidate Howard Dean have assembled a Web site that mimics Apple's "Switch" advertising campaign by showcasing the stories of voters who have "switched" to Howard Dean.
Tech: Longhorn delays; Lee Parson arrest
Weekend tech news: Microsoft has once again shifted the schedule for the release of "Longhorn," the company's next major version of Windows; a friend of a Minnesota high school student charged with unleashing a new strain of the Blaster Internet worm that infected computers around the world described him on Saturday as "just a kid" who is likely innocent; In the underground world of Internet attackers, Jeffrey Lee Parson is a small fish, security experts say.
Before we get rolling, I'll confess: I've never understood the purpose of cases like the Booqpad. If you've got a tablet, surely p ...Linksys EA6900 AC Router
As 802.11ac networking begins to makes its way into more and more devices, you may find yourself considering an upgrade for your home ...D-Link DIR-510L 802.11AC travel router
Having Internet access in hotels and other similar locations used to be a miasma of connectivity issues. If Wi-Fi was available, it wa ...
10 Most Discussed
- Eich's Mozilla departure induces bilateral criticism, Firefox bans - 40 replies
- Samsung seized on death of Steve Jobs to launch anti-Apple ads - 15 replies
- Apple considers 'dramatic' revamping of iTunes Music Store - 14 replies
- Email from Jobs in 2010 lays out future vision - 13 replies
- Mayer: Yahoo should be Apple's default search engine - 11 replies
- Critical OpenSSL 'HeartBleed' bug uncovered, affects HTTPS encryption - 11 replies
- Rumor: Apple considering entry into high-definition music? [u] - 9 replies
- Apple opens first store in Turkey to hoopla, press, long lineups - 9 replies
- Campaign calls for ouster of Condoleezza Rice from Dropbox board - 8 replies
- Core iOS creator said to be leaving Apple after row with Jonathan Ive - 8 replies