Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
AP: Nitrus fails to match iPod in value
So far, no gadget has come close in mimicking the style and simplicity of Apple's top-selling iPod digital music player, but the new Rio Nitrus could be the first "real contender." The Nitrus' interface is comparable to that of the iPod, but features smaller buttons due to its small form factor. At $300, the Nitrus offers 1.5 gigabytes of storage, enough for about 375 songs. The $300 iPod, Apple's low-end model, has 10 gigabytes of space -- enough for 2,500 songs. While much smaller than the iPod, the Nitrus "still doesn't recapture the music player crown for Rio," says Associated Press writer Matthew Fordahl, "the sleek black gadget is too pricey, its software lackluster, and hard drive too skimpy for the price."
Dean supporters launch \"switch\" ads
Supporters of U.S. presidential candidate Howard Dean have assembled a Web site that mimics Apple's "Switch" advertising campaign by showcasing the stories of voters who have "switched" to Howard Dean.
Tech: Longhorn delays; Lee Parson arrest
Weekend tech news: Microsoft has once again shifted the schedule for the release of "Longhorn," the company's next major version of Windows; a friend of a Minnesota high school student charged with unleashing a new strain of the Blaster Internet worm that infected computers around the world described him on Saturday as "just a kid" who is likely innocent; In the underground world of Internet attackers, Jeffrey Lee Parson is a small fish, security experts say.
When it comes to music on the go, consumers generally have some options to consider when looking for the best experience. While Blueto ...Pure Jongo T2 wireless speaker
Multi-room audio compatibility is a key metric for wireless sound systems these days. The entry cost into a house-spanning system can ...Logitech Z213 multimedia speakers
Desktop computer speakers sit in a weird area of limbo: many consumers have forgone the era of desktop listening for the privacy and v ...
10 Most Discussed
- Oregon Apple Store 'slur' incident being investigated - 31 replies
- Opinion: Why the Apple iWatch will succeed (Part 1) - 17 replies
- Atlantic Magazine notes trend to Chromebooks in schools - 12 replies
- Opinion: Hachette and Amazon fight, who loses? - 12 replies
- T-Mobile announces plan to throttle those abusing 'unlimited' data - 11 replies
- Judge rejects proposed $324.5M anti-poaching case settlement - 11 replies
- NewerTech accessory fools 'headless' Mac minis into turning on GPU - 9 replies
- Apple's iMessage accounts for 30 percent of all mobile spam messages - 8 replies
- Apple issues diversity report, promises better gender/racial balance - 8 replies
- Disney latest victim of Amazon DVD pre-order denial - 8 replies