Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
AP: Nitrus fails to match iPod in value
So far, no gadget has come close in mimicking the style and simplicity of Apple's top-selling iPod digital music player, but the new Rio Nitrus could be the first "real contender." The Nitrus' interface is comparable to that of the iPod, but features smaller buttons due to its small form factor. At $300, the Nitrus offers 1.5 gigabytes of storage, enough for about 375 songs. The $300 iPod, Apple's low-end model, has 10 gigabytes of space -- enough for 2,500 songs. While much smaller than the iPod, the Nitrus "still doesn't recapture the music player crown for Rio," says Associated Press writer Matthew Fordahl, "the sleek black gadget is too pricey, its software lackluster, and hard drive too skimpy for the price."
Dean supporters launch \"switch\" ads
Supporters of U.S. presidential candidate Howard Dean have assembled a Web site that mimics Apple's "Switch" advertising campaign by showcasing the stories of voters who have "switched" to Howard Dean.
Tech: Longhorn delays; Lee Parson arrest
Weekend tech news: Microsoft has once again shifted the schedule for the release of "Longhorn," the company's next major version of Windows; a friend of a Minnesota high school student charged with unleashing a new strain of the Blaster Internet worm that infected computers around the world described him on Saturday as "just a kid" who is likely innocent; In the underground world of Internet attackers, Jeffrey Lee Parson is a small fish, security experts say.
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Yahoo shifting away from Google, Facebook login credentials - 8 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies