Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
AP: Nitrus fails to match iPod in value
So far, no gadget has come close in mimicking the style and simplicity of Apple's top-selling iPod digital music player, but the new Rio Nitrus could be the first "real contender." The Nitrus' interface is comparable to that of the iPod, but features smaller buttons due to its small form factor. At $300, the Nitrus offers 1.5 gigabytes of storage, enough for about 375 songs. The $300 iPod, Apple's low-end model, has 10 gigabytes of space -- enough for 2,500 songs. While much smaller than the iPod, the Nitrus "still doesn't recapture the music player crown for Rio," says Associated Press writer Matthew Fordahl, "the sleek black gadget is too pricey, its software lackluster, and hard drive too skimpy for the price."
Dean supporters launch \"switch\" ads
Supporters of U.S. presidential candidate Howard Dean have assembled a Web site that mimics Apple's "Switch" advertising campaign by showcasing the stories of voters who have "switched" to Howard Dean.
Tech: Longhorn delays; Lee Parson arrest
Weekend tech news: Microsoft has once again shifted the schedule for the release of "Longhorn," the company's next major version of Windows; a friend of a Minnesota high school student charged with unleashing a new strain of the Blaster Internet worm that infected computers around the world described him on Saturday as "just a kid" who is likely innocent; In the underground world of Internet attackers, Jeffrey Lee Parson is a small fish, security experts say.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Perhaps you've already seen our review of the Dotti LED display from Witti Design. Meet Notti, Dotti's "sibling". Notti is a softb ...Seagate Personal Cloud (2-Bay)
When it comes to backing up files, many users are now looking to myriad cloud storage solutions available. There is no doubt that over ...Leitz Icon Label Printer
When you say the words "label printer" to people, they either just really don't care, or they get incredibly excited. This is one o ...
10 Most Discussed
- Man fined $120 for using Apple Watch while driving - 15 replies
- Jony Ive promoted to Chief Design Officer at Apple - 13 replies
- Hands On: Google Photos 1.0.0 (iOS) - 8 replies
- Pointers: Yes, you can still burn a music CD in iTunes - 8 replies
- Pointers: Mastering the OS X Dock - 5 replies
- Apple rolls out Force Touch 15-inch MacBook Pro, new Retina iMac - 5 replies
- Pointers: Sign your PDFs in Preview - 5 replies
- Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - 4 replies
- Adobe to discontinue iOS Photoshop Touch, plans successor apps [u] - 4 replies
- Editorial: FCC, lawsuits, Net Neutrality, and The Bill of Rights - 4 replies