Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Sofa offers control of iTunes via artwork
Cedric Menard's Sofa 0.6, now in public beta, is an application for Mac OS X that allow you to control iTunes "in a whole different way. As you can see on the screenshots page, a small and elegant palette gathers the principal functions of the player, including the selection of your playlists, while the artworks of albums (automatically retrieved from internet) are displayed where you want on the screen, with the use of animation and transition effects." It now fully integrates the iTunes library via a 'Tracks' menu, can now import QuickTime-compatible files, and an updated 'Fade' transition.
Future of East coast Macworld Expo uncertain
The Boston Globe reports that Boston City officials fear Apple expo may not return: "'The early signals we're getting are not good as far as the show coming to Boston, and as far as the future of the East Coast show in general,' said Jim Rooney, executive director of the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority. 'We'll regroup, though. It's one show, and there's a big marketplace out there.'...and Rooney expressed doubt that IDG would hold any expo for Macintosh computer users on the East Coast next year."
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...Entry-level 27-inch Retina iMac
The 27-inch Apple iMac with 5K Retina display is already one of the best value-for-money Macs that Apple has ever released. It was som ...
10 Most Discussed
- Neil Young says he will pull music catalog from streaming services - 24 replies
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Editorial: whatever happened to 'It Just Works?' - 18 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Apple takes lid off 64-bit A8 iPod touch, now up to 128GB - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies