Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Sofa offers control of iTunes via artwork
Cedric Menard's Sofa 0.6, now in public beta, is an application for Mac OS X that allow you to control iTunes "in a whole different way. As you can see on the screenshots page, a small and elegant palette gathers the principal functions of the player, including the selection of your playlists, while the artworks of albums (automatically retrieved from internet) are displayed where you want on the screen, with the use of animation and transition effects." It now fully integrates the iTunes library via a 'Tracks' menu, can now import QuickTime-compatible files, and an updated 'Fade' transition.
Future of East coast Macworld Expo uncertain
The Boston Globe reports that Boston City officials fear Apple expo may not return: "'The early signals we're getting are not good as far as the show coming to Boston, and as far as the future of the East Coast show in general,' said Jim Rooney, executive director of the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority. 'We'll regroup, though. It's one show, and there's a big marketplace out there.'...and Rooney expressed doubt that IDG would hold any expo for Macintosh computer users on the East Coast next year."
Keeping an eye on the home while out and about these days is common practice, assisted by modern technology. Internet cameras became p ...Fugoo Bluetooth speaker
It's rare to find a Bluetooth speaker that can cover a large array of needs. Generally, speakers are wrapped in a desktop-convenient ...Epson LW-600P
Label makers are traditionally simple machines that perform a single task which people feel they can either live with or without. In m ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple kills work on Aperture, shifts efforts to Yosemite's Photos app - 21 replies
- Russia passes law requiring social media data be housed in-country - 15 replies
- Opinion: Buy an iPhone 5s now, or wait for the iPhone 6? - 13 replies
- Apple promises 'professional-grade' features in OS X Photos - 13 replies
- Facebook toys with the emotions of users in the name of science - 11 replies
- Monkey Parking creator refuses shutdown order, fights San Francisco - 10 replies
- Kantar: iPhone 5s, 5c outselling Samsung S5 in Europe - 9 replies
- Apple now blocking older Flash Player plug-ins, citing security flaw - 9 replies
- Los Angeles school district pulls plug on iPads, moves to laptops - 9 replies
- MacNN testing: Microsoft domain seizure blocks VPN, allows odd traffic - 8 replies