Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Sofa offers control of iTunes via artwork
Cedric Menard's Sofa 0.6, now in public beta, is an application for Mac OS X that allow you to control iTunes "in a whole different way. As you can see on the screenshots page, a small and elegant palette gathers the principal functions of the player, including the selection of your playlists, while the artworks of albums (automatically retrieved from internet) are displayed where you want on the screen, with the use of animation and transition effects." It now fully integrates the iTunes library via a 'Tracks' menu, can now import QuickTime-compatible files, and an updated 'Fade' transition.
Future of East coast Macworld Expo uncertain
The Boston Globe reports that Boston City officials fear Apple expo may not return: "'The early signals we're getting are not good as far as the show coming to Boston, and as far as the future of the East Coast show in general,' said Jim Rooney, executive director of the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority. 'We'll regroup, though. It's one show, and there's a big marketplace out there.'...and Rooney expressed doubt that IDG would hold any expo for Macintosh computer users on the East Coast next year."
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- Feature: Five reasons to skip El Capitan for now - 31 replies
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Opinion: OS X El Capitan -- Upgrade or Not? - 21 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 20 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 12 replies
- Songwriter criticizes low royalty payments from streaming services - 11 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies
- Follow-up: Sorkin apologizes for remarks against Cook - 9 replies