Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Sofa offers control of iTunes via artwork
Cedric Menard's Sofa 0.6, now in public beta, is an application for Mac OS X that allow you to control iTunes "in a whole different way. As you can see on the screenshots page, a small and elegant palette gathers the principal functions of the player, including the selection of your playlists, while the artworks of albums (automatically retrieved from internet) are displayed where you want on the screen, with the use of animation and transition effects." It now fully integrates the iTunes library via a 'Tracks' menu, can now import QuickTime-compatible files, and an updated 'Fade' transition.
Future of East coast Macworld Expo uncertain
The Boston Globe reports that Boston City officials fear Apple expo may not return: "'The early signals we're getting are not good as far as the show coming to Boston, and as far as the future of the East Coast show in general,' said Jim Rooney, executive director of the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority. 'We'll regroup, though. It's one show, and there's a big marketplace out there.'...and Rooney expressed doubt that IDG would hold any expo for Macintosh computer users on the East Coast next year."
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple debuts special page for iOS 7.1 release - 10 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Office for Mac to get new version this year, says Microsoft exec - 9 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies
- Yahoo shifting away from Google, Facebook login credentials - 8 replies