Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Sofa offers control of iTunes via artwork
Cedric Menard's Sofa 0.6, now in public beta, is an application for Mac OS X that allow you to control iTunes "in a whole different way. As you can see on the screenshots page, a small and elegant palette gathers the principal functions of the player, including the selection of your playlists, while the artworks of albums (automatically retrieved from internet) are displayed where you want on the screen, with the use of animation and transition effects." It now fully integrates the iTunes library via a 'Tracks' menu, can now import QuickTime-compatible files, and an updated 'Fade' transition.
Future of East coast Macworld Expo uncertain
The Boston Globe reports that Boston City officials fear Apple expo may not return: "'The early signals we're getting are not good as far as the show coming to Boston, and as far as the future of the East Coast show in general,' said Jim Rooney, executive director of the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority. 'We'll regroup, though. It's one show, and there's a big marketplace out there.'...and Rooney expressed doubt that IDG would hold any expo for Macintosh computer users on the East Coast next year."
With over-the-top content options growing past Hulu and Netflix, consumers may be finding it harder to justify paying a monthly fee fo ...Sound Blaster Roar Bluetooth speaker
There could very well be a new king of the hill for Bluetooth speakers, with Sound Blaster's recent entry into the marketplace. Bring ...Kenu Airframe Plus
Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this ...
10 Most Discussed
- CurrentC CEO, COO field questions about data breach, Apple Pay block - 23 replies
- CVS throws in with Rite Aid, blocks Apple Pay and Google Wallet - 22 replies
- Apple responds to CVS, Rite Aid blocking Apple Pay - 17 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out as gay in new essay - 17 replies
- CurrentC payment system customer emails stolen - 14 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the new $499 Mac mini - 13 replies
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite formally released - 12 replies
- Obama signs BuySecure executive order to hasten US EMV adoption - 12 replies
- Amex web page promotes Apple Pay, adds directions for linking cards - 12 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies