Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: iPodRip, DivXRay, LetsSee, maintain1...
The $15 shareware DivXRay 2.5 is a movie converter for converting MPEG-2-Program Streams into AVI files by using ffmpeg 0.4.6. It configure movie width, format and quality and supports VOB files including multiple AC3 and MP2 Audio-Streams. It enhances movie subtitles, adds pause/resume, and the UI. [1.2MB]
X Overload 1.1 is an application that allows you to manage items in Classic system folder and library folders in Mac OS X, including Contextual Menu Items, Fonts, Preference files, Preference Panes, Services, Screen Savers.The free update to the $20 system utility offers improved display of data and sorting as well as bug fixes. [2.5MB]
The $7 trialware iPodRip 1.5 allows you to transfer music from your iPod back to your iTunes Library and listen to music directly on your iPod (to save disk space). iPodRip supports all iPod Media Types, including MP3, AAC, Protected AAC or Audible.com Content. [377KB]
LetsSee 2.1 is a picture viewer, a selection and presentation tool, offering thumbnail views, basic photo editing tools, batch rename and other file manipulation options, HTML gallery generation, exif/iptc/icc data editing, and advaned slideshow functions. It supports many file formats as well as Photoshop, bmp, flash, mp3, and wav. [Classic, OSX]
Imagine BootX 2.01 is a tool to change the boot image shown at startup. Version 2.0 offers better picture quality, support for more file formats, and other optimizations. [510KB]
Mark Gregg's freeware system utility, maintain1 4.9, is an AppleScript Studio Application offers a simple interface to run shell scripts in the terminal, including daily/weekly/monthly cleanup scripts, set Ethernet duplex options, and many others. [302KB]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...Wren V5US Wireless Sound System
If you're a music fanatic, chances are you are, by extension, a bit fanatical about what you listen to your music on. If you're like ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 39 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 8 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Appeals court opens door to FTC oversight of corporate cyber security - 6 replies
- Hands On: Tile Bluetooth Object Tracker - 6 replies