Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: iPodRip, DivXRay, LetsSee, maintain1...
The $15 shareware DivXRay 2.5 is a movie converter for converting MPEG-2-Program Streams into AVI files by using ffmpeg 0.4.6. It configure movie width, format and quality and supports VOB files including multiple AC3 and MP2 Audio-Streams. It enhances movie subtitles, adds pause/resume, and the UI. [1.2MB]
X Overload 1.1 is an application that allows you to manage items in Classic system folder and library folders in Mac OS X, including Contextual Menu Items, Fonts, Preference files, Preference Panes, Services, Screen Savers.The free update to the $20 system utility offers improved display of data and sorting as well as bug fixes. [2.5MB]
The $7 trialware iPodRip 1.5 allows you to transfer music from your iPod back to your iTunes Library and listen to music directly on your iPod (to save disk space). iPodRip supports all iPod Media Types, including MP3, AAC, Protected AAC or Audible.com Content. [377KB]
LetsSee 2.1 is a picture viewer, a selection and presentation tool, offering thumbnail views, basic photo editing tools, batch rename and other file manipulation options, HTML gallery generation, exif/iptc/icc data editing, and advaned slideshow functions. It supports many file formats as well as Photoshop, bmp, flash, mp3, and wav. [Classic, OSX]
Imagine BootX 2.01 is a tool to change the boot image shown at startup. Version 2.0 offers better picture quality, support for more file formats, and other optimizations. [510KB]
Mark Gregg's freeware system utility, maintain1 4.9, is an AppleScript Studio Application offers a simple interface to run shell scripts in the terminal, including daily/weekly/monthly cleanup scripts, set Ethernet duplex options, and many others. [302KB]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: The trouble with the Music app for iOS - 14 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies