Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: iPodRip, DivXRay, LetsSee, maintain1...
The $15 shareware DivXRay 2.5 is a movie converter for converting MPEG-2-Program Streams into AVI files by using ffmpeg 0.4.6. It configure movie width, format and quality and supports VOB files including multiple AC3 and MP2 Audio-Streams. It enhances movie subtitles, adds pause/resume, and the UI. [1.2MB]
X Overload 1.1 is an application that allows you to manage items in Classic system folder and library folders in Mac OS X, including Contextual Menu Items, Fonts, Preference files, Preference Panes, Services, Screen Savers.The free update to the $20 system utility offers improved display of data and sorting as well as bug fixes. [2.5MB]
The $7 trialware iPodRip 1.5 allows you to transfer music from your iPod back to your iTunes Library and listen to music directly on your iPod (to save disk space). iPodRip supports all iPod Media Types, including MP3, AAC, Protected AAC or Audible.com Content. [377KB]
LetsSee 2.1 is a picture viewer, a selection and presentation tool, offering thumbnail views, basic photo editing tools, batch rename and other file manipulation options, HTML gallery generation, exif/iptc/icc data editing, and advaned slideshow functions. It supports many file formats as well as Photoshop, bmp, flash, mp3, and wav. [Classic, OSX]
Imagine BootX 2.01 is a tool to change the boot image shown at startup. Version 2.0 offers better picture quality, support for more file formats, and other optimizations. [510KB]
Mark Gregg's freeware system utility, maintain1 4.9, is an AppleScript Studio Application offers a simple interface to run shell scripts in the terminal, including daily/weekly/monthly cleanup scripts, set Ethernet duplex options, and many others. [302KB]
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- New Foxconn robots too imprecise for Apple products, report claims - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 7 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies