Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: iPodRip, DivXRay, LetsSee, maintain1...
The $15 shareware DivXRay 2.5 is a movie converter for converting MPEG-2-Program Streams into AVI files by using ffmpeg 0.4.6. It configure movie width, format and quality and supports VOB files including multiple AC3 and MP2 Audio-Streams. It enhances movie subtitles, adds pause/resume, and the UI. [1.2MB]
X Overload 1.1 is an application that allows you to manage items in Classic system folder and library folders in Mac OS X, including Contextual Menu Items, Fonts, Preference files, Preference Panes, Services, Screen Savers.The free update to the $20 system utility offers improved display of data and sorting as well as bug fixes. [2.5MB]
The $7 trialware iPodRip 1.5 allows you to transfer music from your iPod back to your iTunes Library and listen to music directly on your iPod (to save disk space). iPodRip supports all iPod Media Types, including MP3, AAC, Protected AAC or Audible.com Content. [377KB]
LetsSee 2.1 is a picture viewer, a selection and presentation tool, offering thumbnail views, basic photo editing tools, batch rename and other file manipulation options, HTML gallery generation, exif/iptc/icc data editing, and advaned slideshow functions. It supports many file formats as well as Photoshop, bmp, flash, mp3, and wav. [Classic, OSX]
Imagine BootX 2.01 is a tool to change the boot image shown at startup. Version 2.0 offers better picture quality, support for more file formats, and other optimizations. [510KB]
Mark Gregg's freeware system utility, maintain1 4.9, is an AppleScript Studio Application offers a simple interface to run shell scripts in the terminal, including daily/weekly/monthly cleanup scripts, set Ethernet duplex options, and many others. [302KB]
Since May of this year, Autodesk has been shipping the highly anticipated update to its high-end post-production video editing suite, ...Crucial MX100 256GB SATA-3 SSD
While the price-per-gigabyte ratio for magnetic platter-based hard drives can't be beat, the speed that a SSD brings to the table for ...Narrative Clip
With the advent of social media technology, people have been searching for new ways to share the events of their daily lives -- be it ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Is the Apple Watch a hit or a miss? - 24 replies
- Free iTunes U2 album now up to 'record-breaking' 33 million in 'sales' - 20 replies
- National Federation of the Blind sues Uber over refused rides, abuses - 14 replies
- Apple Watch debuts in three editions - 13 replies
- Wozniak on the iPhone 6: 'I've gotten rid of my Android phones' - 12 replies
- Apple event stream marred by serious technical problems - 12 replies
- Apple announces 4.7-, 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models - 12 replies
- Best Buy, Walmart decline to support Apple Pay - 11 replies
- Shareholder files suit against Cook, executives over e-book collusion - 10 replies
- Apple cagey about Watch battery life, working on improvements - 10 replies