Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: iPodRip, DivXRay, LetsSee, maintain1...
The $15 shareware DivXRay 2.5 is a movie converter for converting MPEG-2-Program Streams into AVI files by using ffmpeg 0.4.6. It configure movie width, format and quality and supports VOB files including multiple AC3 and MP2 Audio-Streams. It enhances movie subtitles, adds pause/resume, and the UI. [1.2MB]
X Overload 1.1 is an application that allows you to manage items in Classic system folder and library folders in Mac OS X, including Contextual Menu Items, Fonts, Preference files, Preference Panes, Services, Screen Savers.The free update to the $20 system utility offers improved display of data and sorting as well as bug fixes. [2.5MB]
The $7 trialware iPodRip 1.5 allows you to transfer music from your iPod back to your iTunes Library and listen to music directly on your iPod (to save disk space). iPodRip supports all iPod Media Types, including MP3, AAC, Protected AAC or Audible.com Content. [377KB]
LetsSee 2.1 is a picture viewer, a selection and presentation tool, offering thumbnail views, basic photo editing tools, batch rename and other file manipulation options, HTML gallery generation, exif/iptc/icc data editing, and advaned slideshow functions. It supports many file formats as well as Photoshop, bmp, flash, mp3, and wav. [Classic, OSX]
Imagine BootX 2.01 is a tool to change the boot image shown at startup. Version 2.0 offers better picture quality, support for more file formats, and other optimizations. [510KB]
Mark Gregg's freeware system utility, maintain1 4.9, is an AppleScript Studio Application offers a simple interface to run shell scripts in the terminal, including daily/weekly/monthly cleanup scripts, set Ethernet duplex options, and many others. [302KB]
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...iRig Pads
When it comes to mobile music products, IK Multimedia has positioned itself as one of the top suppliers. Right from the early days of ...DoxieGo Portable Scanner
Sometimes, people need to scan things, but having a computer at hand to do so isn't exactly feasible. Maybe it's the home of a relat ...
10 Most Discussed
- LA schools' iPad program flawed from beginning, federal report says - 28 replies
- Illinois law mandates handover of students' social media passwords - 16 replies
- President Obama calls for overturning anti-municipal broadband laws - 16 replies
- MO lawmaker proposes requiring ID for Google Wallet, Apple Pay sales - 15 replies
- Ahrendts' high pay in part to compensate for lost Burberry stock - 12 replies
- Obama sides with UK PM, calls for law enforcement-crackable encryption - 12 replies
- Windows 10 a free upgrade, not subscription, for Windows 7, 8.1 users - 11 replies
- Principal filming on Universal Jobs biopic now underway - 8 replies
- Follow-up: new anti-poaching lawsuit settlement offer $415 million - 7 replies
- BlackBerry CEO writes Feds, seeks mandated cross-platform development - 6 replies