Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
GenieSoft shipping Overture 3 for Mac OS X
GenieSoft is now shipping Overture 3.1 for Mac OS X, its music notation software for professional musicians and composers. Users can quickly enter notes on-screen with your mouse or computer keyboard, or record a MIDI performance for instant viewing. Version 3 includes the same features set as the PC version, support for Encore and MusicTime files, Guitar Frames, a new "Score" Setup dialog, and playback of hairpins and articulations as well as many other features. The upgrade from version 3 is $50, while the upgrade from versions 1 and 2 is $80. The full version is $350. MacNN reader John Rethorst provided a some thoughts on the application.
Apple to exhibit at SIGGRAPH, IBC, Apple Expo
Apple will be exhibiting next week at Macworld CreativePro, where Apple will feature the first public display of the new Power Mac G5 (Booth 618), which it introduced at its developer conference last month. Apple will also be exhibiting later this month at SIGGRAPH 2003, the 30th annual conference on computer graphics and interactive techniques. SIGGRAPH 2003 takes place July 27-31st in San Diego, CA. In September, Apple will exhibit at IBC 2003 in Amsterdam. IBC, the industry conference on content creation, management, and delivery, runs from September 12-16. Apple will also be a key sponsor of Apple Expo Paris, which takes place September 16-20 in Paris.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 48 replies
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 23 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Gartner: Apple rises, Samsung drops in worldwide phone share - 6 replies
- Pointers: Join a Mac/iOS User Group! - 6 replies