Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
GenieSoft shipping Overture 3 for Mac OS X
GenieSoft is now shipping Overture 3.1 for Mac OS X, its music notation software for professional musicians and composers. Users can quickly enter notes on-screen with your mouse or computer keyboard, or record a MIDI performance for instant viewing. Version 3 includes the same features set as the PC version, support for Encore and MusicTime files, Guitar Frames, a new "Score" Setup dialog, and playback of hairpins and articulations as well as many other features. The upgrade from version 3 is $50, while the upgrade from versions 1 and 2 is $80. The full version is $350. MacNN reader John Rethorst provided a some thoughts on the application.
Apple to exhibit at SIGGRAPH, IBC, Apple Expo
Apple will be exhibiting next week at Macworld CreativePro, where Apple will feature the first public display of the new Power Mac G5 (Booth 618), which it introduced at its developer conference last month. Apple will also be exhibiting later this month at SIGGRAPH 2003, the 30th annual conference on computer graphics and interactive techniques. SIGGRAPH 2003 takes place July 27-31st in San Diego, CA. In September, Apple will exhibit at IBC 2003 in Amsterdam. IBC, the industry conference on content creation, management, and delivery, runs from September 12-16. Apple will also be a key sponsor of Apple Expo Paris, which takes place September 16-20 in Paris.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 10 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Opinion: The trouble with the Music app for iOS - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies