Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple workers get raise despite pay freeze
The Irish Examiner reports that SIPTU workers at the Apple plant in Cork have negotiated a 13% pay rise, despite a global pay freeze for all workers, which was instituted in October of 2001 "and this is up for review in July. The bulk of the SIPTU members at the plant are involved in the production of the company's high-end desktop G4 computers and servers. There are 180 permanent workers in manufacturing, plus up to 200 other contract workers employed at the busiest periods....Their pay review date fell in December, prior to the implementation of the pay freeze."
Early screenshots of Mac OS X \"Panther\"?
Several readers point to what are described as "early screenshots of 'Panther'", the next version of Mac OS X (v10.3) expected to debut at Apple's WWDC next week and ship in September. The screenshots include the Finder, System Preferences, Activity Monitor, DVD Player, Expose 1, Expose 2, Folder Menu, Folder Actions, iChat Video options, Labels, and Mail. Update: the screenshots can also be found mirrored here. [Apple has not officially released any information and/or screenshots, and it is not yet confirmed if these are real; the primary link was unaccessible at of 11:55 pm ET and the screenshots at the mirror site were taken down at the request of Apple legal.]
Fusion Systems ships DigiPage 4.0 for OS X
Fusion Systems has announced it has begun shipping DigiPage 4.0 for Mac OS X, which adds new RIP technologies, including the new TrapPro (an automated raster object-based, in-line trapping solution) to Mac OS X. Using Harlequin RIP Eclipse technologies, DigiPage 4.0 can produce plate-ready files, complete with dot-for-dot color composite proofing files. It is a "true render once, output many (ROOM) single page workflow that automates 'Post-RIP' page imposition and provides 'exact match' proofing for imagesetters, proofers, platesetters and digital presses. It offers early detection of hidden problems commonly not detected in PDF and PDF/X-1A files until a press proof is made. A 30-day trial is available.
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...Snugg Robust Case for iPad Air
Snugg's Distressed Brown Leather Case was something of a pleasant surprise when I reviewed it last year. I didn't expect much at fi ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Adobe drags feet on notifying data theft victims, millions at risk - 9 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Nokia pokes Apple's iPad Air with derisive new ads for Lumia 2520 - 8 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- WD Black 2 Dual Drive combines SSD, HDD into non-hybrid format - 6 replies
- Future USB connector to be reversible, support scalable charging - 5 replies