Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple to open store in Richmond, VA area
A MacNN reader notes that Apple has posted job openings for an unannounced retail store in the Richmond, VA area: "The new store will be at Short Pump Town Center, an upscale mall nearing completion in Henrico County a little more than 10 miles northwest of downtown Richmond. The mall, scheduled to open in September 2003, is on US 250 (Broad Street), just to the west of its intersection with I-64. This interchange is just inside Richmond's I-295 northern loop. Although Apple has not yet announced this store, the mall's developer (Forest City Enterprises) is not quite so circumspect. The official Website of the new mall includes a store directory that contains an entry for 'Apple Computer'"
Reader notes flaw in some iPod belt clips
MacNN reader Sam Elkholy writes about a defect with some of the first iPod case belt clips, which he says has been acknowledged by Apple:
"I bought a carrying case from Apple about 3 - 4 months ago. I was out on my balcony the other day, with my iPod in my carrying case strapped to my belt buckle. The plastic part that hooks the carrying case to my belt buckle broke and my iPod fell 1 story and on to our concrete patio.
"I went downstairs fully expecting my iPod to be shattered and in pieces. It was intact and still in the carrying case, without a scratch , and still playing the same song! the carrying case I think had a lot to do with saving my iPod. I called Apple to tell them about this, and they said they were aware of the problem with the first few carrying cases that shipped. I wonder why they did not bother telling anyone."
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Yahoo shifting away from Google, Facebook login credentials - 8 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies