Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple to open store in Richmond, VA area
A MacNN reader notes that Apple has posted job openings for an unannounced retail store in the Richmond, VA area: "The new store will be at Short Pump Town Center, an upscale mall nearing completion in Henrico County a little more than 10 miles northwest of downtown Richmond. The mall, scheduled to open in September 2003, is on US 250 (Broad Street), just to the west of its intersection with I-64. This interchange is just inside Richmond's I-295 northern loop. Although Apple has not yet announced this store, the mall's developer (Forest City Enterprises) is not quite so circumspect. The official Website of the new mall includes a store directory that contains an entry for 'Apple Computer'"
Reader notes flaw in some iPod belt clips
MacNN reader Sam Elkholy writes about a defect with some of the first iPod case belt clips, which he says has been acknowledged by Apple:
"I bought a carrying case from Apple about 3 - 4 months ago. I was out on my balcony the other day, with my iPod in my carrying case strapped to my belt buckle. The plastic part that hooks the carrying case to my belt buckle broke and my iPod fell 1 story and on to our concrete patio.
"I went downstairs fully expecting my iPod to be shattered and in pieces. It was intact and still in the carrying case, without a scratch , and still playing the same song! the carrying case I think had a lot to do with saving my iPod. I called Apple to tell them about this, and they said they were aware of the problem with the first few carrying cases that shipped. I wonder why they did not bother telling anyone."
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Hands On: Griffin Powermate Bluetooth - 9 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Hands On: Twitter 3.1.0 (OS X) - 6 replies
- Pono struggling to expand due to lack of resources, no new CEO - 6 replies