Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple to open store in Richmond, VA area
A MacNN reader notes that Apple has posted job openings for an unannounced retail store in the Richmond, VA area: "The new store will be at Short Pump Town Center, an upscale mall nearing completion in Henrico County a little more than 10 miles northwest of downtown Richmond. The mall, scheduled to open in September 2003, is on US 250 (Broad Street), just to the west of its intersection with I-64. This interchange is just inside Richmond's I-295 northern loop. Although Apple has not yet announced this store, the mall's developer (Forest City Enterprises) is not quite so circumspect. The official Website of the new mall includes a store directory that contains an entry for 'Apple Computer'"
Reader notes flaw in some iPod belt clips
MacNN reader Sam Elkholy writes about a defect with some of the first iPod case belt clips, which he says has been acknowledged by Apple:
"I bought a carrying case from Apple about 3 - 4 months ago. I was out on my balcony the other day, with my iPod in my carrying case strapped to my belt buckle. The plastic part that hooks the carrying case to my belt buckle broke and my iPod fell 1 story and on to our concrete patio.
"I went downstairs fully expecting my iPod to be shattered and in pieces. It was intact and still in the carrying case, without a scratch , and still playing the same song! the carrying case I think had a lot to do with saving my iPod. I called Apple to tell them about this, and they said they were aware of the problem with the first few carrying cases that shipped. I wonder why they did not bother telling anyone."
Since May of this year, Autodesk has been shipping the highly anticipated update to its high-end post-production video editing suite, ...Crucial MX100 256GB SATA-3 SSD
While the price-per-gigabyte ratio for magnetic platter-based hard drives can't be beat, the speed that a SSD brings to the table for ...Narrative Clip
With the advent of social media technology, people have been searching for new ways to share the events of their daily lives -- be it ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Is the Apple Watch a hit or a miss? - 24 replies
- Free iTunes U2 album now up to 'record-breaking' 33 million in 'sales' - 20 replies
- National Federation of the Blind sues Uber over refused rides, abuses - 14 replies
- Apple Watch debuts in three editions - 13 replies
- Apple event stream marred by serious technical problems - 12 replies
- Apple announces 4.7-, 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models - 12 replies
- Dell teases world's first 27-inch 5K computer monitor - 11 replies
- Best Buy, Walmart decline to support Apple Pay - 11 replies
- Opinion: Why a larger iPad makes sense - 10 replies
- Shareholder files suit against Cook, executives over e-book collusion - 10 replies