Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple to open store in Richmond, VA area
A MacNN reader notes that Apple has posted job openings for an unannounced retail store in the Richmond, VA area: "The new store will be at Short Pump Town Center, an upscale mall nearing completion in Henrico County a little more than 10 miles northwest of downtown Richmond. The mall, scheduled to open in September 2003, is on US 250 (Broad Street), just to the west of its intersection with I-64. This interchange is just inside Richmond's I-295 northern loop. Although Apple has not yet announced this store, the mall's developer (Forest City Enterprises) is not quite so circumspect. The official Website of the new mall includes a store directory that contains an entry for 'Apple Computer'"
Reader notes flaw in some iPod belt clips
MacNN reader Sam Elkholy writes about a defect with some of the first iPod case belt clips, which he says has been acknowledged by Apple:
"I bought a carrying case from Apple about 3 - 4 months ago. I was out on my balcony the other day, with my iPod in my carrying case strapped to my belt buckle. The plastic part that hooks the carrying case to my belt buckle broke and my iPod fell 1 story and on to our concrete patio.
"I went downstairs fully expecting my iPod to be shattered and in pieces. It was intact and still in the carrying case, without a scratch , and still playing the same song! the carrying case I think had a lot to do with saving my iPod. I called Apple to tell them about this, and they said they were aware of the problem with the first few carrying cases that shipped. I wonder why they did not bother telling anyone."
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 46 replies
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 23 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Gartner: Apple rises, Samsung drops in worldwide phone share - 6 replies
- Pointers: Join a Mac/iOS User Group! - 6 replies