Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: Photologist, ProjectHQ, Gershwin, ...
Photologist 1.2 is an update to the $20 image management, manipulation, and presentation solution for Mac OS X. Photologist provides users with easy but powerful ways to work with digital photos. This version adds the abillity to download picture from a camera; adds two new effects - pixelate and wave; fixes a 'Print Selected Pictures' problem; and adds instructions for making a PDF picture book to the user's guide. [Download - 2.9MB]
ProjectHQ 1.1 adds independent project windows, an "export project" feature, and "numerous tweaks and enhancements" to the resource management solution for organizing projects and ideas. "You can coordinate resources for any number of projects and create unlimited styled topic documents for each project." It is priced at $12. [Download - 1.6MB]
Adrian Bourke has released Gershwin Beta 2, an update to the DivX software for Mac OS X. Beta 2 includes a DivX Pro encoder instead of the DivX encoder included with the previous release. Beta 2 includes a DivX Pro encoder instead of the DivX encoder included in Gershwin Beta 1. Use of the DivX Pro encoder is limited to 15 days after initial installation. Also included is an MP3 encoder codec, and a number of bug fixes. [Download - 3.0MB]
Allgood Software has released Dominoes 3.1, a significant upgrade to the Mac OS X dominoes game, offering new games, double-12 support, an "auto-draw" feature, and additional domino styles. Dominoes offers sixteen different variations of the popular tile game, ranging from the basic Block and Draw to to the "more involved" Muggins and Mexican Train. This version is a free upgrade to registered users of Dominoes 2.x/3.0; new registrations are $20. [Download - 413KB]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 8 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies