Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: SMTP Client, AS for iTunes, Apimac...
Deep Sky Technologies today released SMTP Client Deux Professional 1.2.0, an update to its 4th Dimension component that provides a complete implementation of the SMTP protocol. One-year registration is $200; yearly license renewal is $100. Details of the update were not provided. [Download - 986KB]
Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes posted several new free AppleScripts this week: Stop Track! uses a special track to stop iTunes and cue the next track; Rename Files 1.2.1 assists with renaming files based on your arrangement of available track tags; Audition End of Track starts playing the selected track from the last 15 seconds; iTunes FMP Database 1.5 imports iTunes track data to a FileMaker Pro database, scripts and template all included; Playlistbot uses drag-and-drop to create playlists with associated folders; CD Label of Selected Playlist v0.5c assists with creating printable CD Labels with iTunes and AppleWorks. [Download - ST, RF, AE, CDLP, PB, IFMP]
Director's NoteBook 1.0 ($200) is designed specifically for TV commercial directors and director/cameramen. The application functions as a digital "project notebook", organizing all information a director needs access to during pre-production, production, and post-production. Directors can print from over 20 different customizable printouts and reports including shooting boards to shotlists. Directors can also present an on-screen "slide show" of the the boards much like those created in programs like PowerPoint and Keynote. [Download - Classic, OS X]
Apimac has released Address Book 5.0, a new version of its telephone and address application, fully integrated with Internet and Mac OS X. Version 5.0 was in the beta development stage since January and after a comprehensive customer feedback, it is now available for general use. It is a significant revision of the application that involved a complete rewrite of the code. It sports a revamped interface where the main window is divided in four sections accessible by tab panes, which provides a convenient and easy access to contact data. [Download - Classic, OS X]
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...iRig Pads
When it comes to mobile music products, IK Multimedia has positioned itself as one of the top suppliers. Right from the early days of ...DoxieGo Portable Scanner
Sometimes, people need to scan things, but having a computer at hand to do so isn't exactly feasible. Maybe it's the home of a relat ...
10 Most Discussed
- LA schools' iPad program flawed from beginning, federal report says - 28 replies
- President Obama calls for overturning anti-municipal broadband laws - 16 replies
- Illinois law mandates handover of students' social media passwords - 16 replies
- Ahrendts' high pay in part to compensate for lost Burberry stock - 12 replies
- Obama sides with UK PM, calls for law enforcement-crackable encryption - 12 replies
- Windows 10 a free upgrade, not subscription, for Windows 7, 8.1 users - 11 replies
- MO lawmaker proposes requiring ID for Google Wallet, Apple Pay sales - 11 replies
- Principal filming on Universal Jobs biopic now underway - 8 replies
- Follow-up: new anti-poaching lawsuit settlement offer $415 million - 7 replies
- Google Glass 'graduates' from Google X, team reports to Tony Fadell - 6 replies