Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: SMTP Client, AS for iTunes, Apimac...
Deep Sky Technologies today released SMTP Client Deux Professional 1.2.0, an update to its 4th Dimension component that provides a complete implementation of the SMTP protocol. One-year registration is $200; yearly license renewal is $100. Details of the update were not provided. [Download - 986KB]
Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes posted several new free AppleScripts this week: Stop Track! uses a special track to stop iTunes and cue the next track; Rename Files 1.2.1 assists with renaming files based on your arrangement of available track tags; Audition End of Track starts playing the selected track from the last 15 seconds; iTunes FMP Database 1.5 imports iTunes track data to a FileMaker Pro database, scripts and template all included; Playlistbot uses drag-and-drop to create playlists with associated folders; CD Label of Selected Playlist v0.5c assists with creating printable CD Labels with iTunes and AppleWorks. [Download - ST, RF, AE, CDLP, PB, IFMP]
Director's NoteBook 1.0 ($200) is designed specifically for TV commercial directors and director/cameramen. The application functions as a digital "project notebook", organizing all information a director needs access to during pre-production, production, and post-production. Directors can print from over 20 different customizable printouts and reports including shooting boards to shotlists. Directors can also present an on-screen "slide show" of the the boards much like those created in programs like PowerPoint and Keynote. [Download - Classic, OS X]
Apimac has released Address Book 5.0, a new version of its telephone and address application, fully integrated with Internet and Mac OS X. Version 5.0 was in the beta development stage since January and after a comprehensive customer feedback, it is now available for general use. It is a significant revision of the application that involved a complete rewrite of the code. It sports a revamped interface where the main window is divided in four sections accessible by tab panes, which provides a convenient and easy access to contact data. [Download - Classic, OS X]
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- New Foxconn robots too imprecise for Apple products, report claims - 8 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 7 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies