Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: SMTP Client, AS for iTunes, Apimac...
Deep Sky Technologies today released SMTP Client Deux Professional 1.2.0, an update to its 4th Dimension component that provides a complete implementation of the SMTP protocol. One-year registration is $200; yearly license renewal is $100. Details of the update were not provided. [Download - 986KB]
Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes posted several new free AppleScripts this week: Stop Track! uses a special track to stop iTunes and cue the next track; Rename Files 1.2.1 assists with renaming files based on your arrangement of available track tags; Audition End of Track starts playing the selected track from the last 15 seconds; iTunes FMP Database 1.5 imports iTunes track data to a FileMaker Pro database, scripts and template all included; Playlistbot uses drag-and-drop to create playlists with associated folders; CD Label of Selected Playlist v0.5c assists with creating printable CD Labels with iTunes and AppleWorks. [Download - ST, RF, AE, CDLP, PB, IFMP]
Director's NoteBook 1.0 ($200) is designed specifically for TV commercial directors and director/cameramen. The application functions as a digital "project notebook", organizing all information a director needs access to during pre-production, production, and post-production. Directors can print from over 20 different customizable printouts and reports including shooting boards to shotlists. Directors can also present an on-screen "slide show" of the the boards much like those created in programs like PowerPoint and Keynote. [Download - Classic, OS X]
Apimac has released Address Book 5.0, a new version of its telephone and address application, fully integrated with Internet and Mac OS X. Version 5.0 was in the beta development stage since January and after a comprehensive customer feedback, it is now available for general use. It is a significant revision of the application that involved a complete rewrite of the code. It sports a revamped interface where the main window is divided in four sections accessible by tab panes, which provides a convenient and easy access to contact data. [Download - Classic, OS X]
Five years ago, we thought that by the end of 2013 there'd be a bigger market for e-book readers. Then, along came the tablet that Jo ...Sans Digital TowerRAID TR8M6G eSATA array
Regardless of what Cupertino would like us to believe with the new cylindrical Mac Pro, there are needs for vast amounts of hard-drive ...iHome Bluetooth iB75 Wireless Sports Earphone
Finding a good pair of headphones for a midnight jog is hard. An over the ear set is either flopping around on your head, falling off, ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple signals end of Snow Leopard support with Safari snub? - 19 replies
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- New Android ioPhone mimics Apple's iPhone 5c style - 15 replies
- Rumor: Microsoft to take on iPad mini with 1080p Surface mini - 12 replies
- New York City building out free Wi-Fi network in portions of Harlem - 10 replies
- Report: Apple's 64-bit A7 chip 'stunned' the chipmaking industry - 10 replies
- Apple debuts 90-second holiday TV ad, 'Misunderstood' - 10 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- Samsung attempts to silence YouTube complaint of Galaxy S4 fire, fails - 7 replies
- Politicians, tech giants promote 'Hour of Code' learning initiative - 7 replies