Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: SMTP Client, AS for iTunes, Apimac...
Deep Sky Technologies today released SMTP Client Deux Professional 1.2.0, an update to its 4th Dimension component that provides a complete implementation of the SMTP protocol. One-year registration is $200; yearly license renewal is $100. Details of the update were not provided. [Download - 986KB]
Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes posted several new free AppleScripts this week: Stop Track! uses a special track to stop iTunes and cue the next track; Rename Files 1.2.1 assists with renaming files based on your arrangement of available track tags; Audition End of Track starts playing the selected track from the last 15 seconds; iTunes FMP Database 1.5 imports iTunes track data to a FileMaker Pro database, scripts and template all included; Playlistbot uses drag-and-drop to create playlists with associated folders; CD Label of Selected Playlist v0.5c assists with creating printable CD Labels with iTunes and AppleWorks. [Download - ST, RF, AE, CDLP, PB, IFMP]
Director's NoteBook 1.0 ($200) is designed specifically for TV commercial directors and director/cameramen. The application functions as a digital "project notebook", organizing all information a director needs access to during pre-production, production, and post-production. Directors can print from over 20 different customizable printouts and reports including shooting boards to shotlists. Directors can also present an on-screen "slide show" of the the boards much like those created in programs like PowerPoint and Keynote. [Download - Classic, OS X]
Apimac has released Address Book 5.0, a new version of its telephone and address application, fully integrated with Internet and Mac OS X. Version 5.0 was in the beta development stage since January and after a comprehensive customer feedback, it is now available for general use. It is a significant revision of the application that involved a complete rewrite of the code. It sports a revamped interface where the main window is divided in four sections accessible by tab panes, which provides a convenient and easy access to contact data. [Download - Classic, OS X]
The Jorno Bluetooth keyboard and stand for tablets certainly looks nice. The gunmetal grey shell of the keyboard looks great while the ...Apple 12-inch Retina MacBook
It is an exciting time for consumer technology, with gadgets and devices that once used to the stuff of dreams now coming to fruition. ...JBL Synchros Reflect in-ear headphones
All headphones are not created equally, especially when it comes to use during vigorous activities or workouts. Over-the-ear headphone ...
10 Most Discussed
- The Feature Thief: Apple taketh away, sometimes giveth back - 26 replies
- The Feature Thief, conclusion: AppleWorks and the lessons learned - 21 replies
- The Feature Thief, part one: Pages - 19 replies
- The Feature Thief, part three: iWeb - 16 replies
- Apple updates Watch support page, admits tattoos may be a problem - 15 replies
- The Feature Thief, part two: Final Cut Pro, iMovie, iDVD - 11 replies
- Google cuts YouTube support for older Apple TV, Google TV, iOS devices - 9 replies
- Wrist tattoos may interfere with Apple Watch functions, reports say - 8 replies
- Google unveils new scheme to acquire unwanted patents - 7 replies
- New Apple Watch bands revealed by Ive, Newson at Milan showcase - 7 replies