Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Happy New Year 2003
We'd like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous new year! We thank you for your support in 2002, and look forward to covering another year of exciting developments in the Macintosh world.
Apps: Mobile Office, NAV, iStopMotion, ...
John Chang has published instructions, and a number of small software downloads, to allow Verizon Wireless users to take advantage of their phones' built-in Mobile Office technology. Mobile Office enables subscribers to, at no additionally access fee, use their phone as 14kbps data modems.
iStopMotion 0.2 is an update to the stop-motion video creation software that adds new features, and a number of bug fixes. iStopMotion is free, but the developer kindly requests donations if the software is found to be useful. [Download form]
Symantec has posted January, 2003 virus definitions for its NAV 6, 7, and 8 Macintosh products. [8.0, 7.0.2, 7.0.x, 6.0]
Delta Tao has released Spaceward Ho! 5.0.2, a maintenance update to its $40 strategic game for the Macintosh. Spaceward Ho! challenges the player to explore and colonize the galaxy: "you control the entire military and economy of a spacefaring race." [5.8MB]
Apple has never been shy about funky ports -- first it was Apple Desktop Bus, and its own DIN-8 serial port. Following that came FireW ...Logitech Hyperion Fury mouse
Selecting the correct gaming mouse comes down to finding a device that balances the needs of a user with a price they can afford. Ofte ...Life n Soul BM211 Bluetooth speaker
Bluetooth speakers aren't only for listening to some music at the park or on a long bus ride, but can also be built with tablets in m ...
10 Most Discussed
- US cybersecurity chief claims lack of experience not important to job - 16 replies
- Quicken 2015 for Mac brings new features, strips others - 11 replies
- Security guards protest low wages, block Apple San Francisco store - 9 replies
- Claim: Apple's iMessage accounts for 30 percent of all mobile spam - 8 replies
- Apple releases second public OS X Yosemite beta, new iTunes 12 test - 8 replies
- Schematics suggest iPhone 6 may come in 16, 64, and 128GB models - 8 replies
- Rumor: iPhone 6 may support 150Mbps LTE-A - 7 replies
- Digital credit card replacement Coin calls for 10,000 more testers - 7 replies
- Uber allowed to resume services in Berlin after ban suspended - 6 replies
- New malware stealing advertising revenue from jailbroken iOS devices - 6 replies