Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Happy New Year 2003
We'd like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous new year! We thank you for your support in 2002, and look forward to covering another year of exciting developments in the Macintosh world.
Apps: Mobile Office, NAV, iStopMotion, ...
John Chang has published instructions, and a number of small software downloads, to allow Verizon Wireless users to take advantage of their phones' built-in Mobile Office technology. Mobile Office enables subscribers to, at no additionally access fee, use their phone as 14kbps data modems.
iStopMotion 0.2 is an update to the stop-motion video creation software that adds new features, and a number of bug fixes. iStopMotion is free, but the developer kindly requests donations if the software is found to be useful. [Download form]
Symantec has posted January, 2003 virus definitions for its NAV 6, 7, and 8 Macintosh products. [8.0, 7.0.2, 7.0.x, 6.0]
Delta Tao has released Spaceward Ho! 5.0.2, a maintenance update to its $40 strategic game for the Macintosh. Spaceward Ho! challenges the player to explore and colonize the galaxy: "you control the entire military and economy of a spacefaring race." [5.8MB]
The list of gaming devices is growing larger with each passing day. A large number of companies have entered the gaming input arena, a ...Cambridge Audio DacMagic XS
Every computer with a microphone or headphone port has one -- a digital to analog converter (DAC). There are nearly as many chipsets a ...D-Link Wi-Fi Smart Plug
Home automation fans have been getting their fair share of gadgets and accessories in the last few years. Starting with light bulbs, a ...
10 Most Discussed
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- OS X Yosemite public beta now available - 23 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- Sources call for Yosemite in late Oct., Retina MacBook, Mac with 4K - 11 replies
- Apple, IBM announce collaboration on big data, analytics apps [U] - 10 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies
- Cook blames second quarterly drop in iPads on anticipation - 8 replies
- Giveaway: WaterField Solo case for MacBook Air - 7 replies