Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Happy New Year 2003
We'd like to wish all our readers a happy and prosperous new year! We thank you for your support in 2002, and look forward to covering another year of exciting developments in the Macintosh world.
Apps: Mobile Office, NAV, iStopMotion, ...
John Chang has published instructions, and a number of small software downloads, to allow Verizon Wireless users to take advantage of their phones' built-in Mobile Office technology. Mobile Office enables subscribers to, at no additionally access fee, use their phone as 14kbps data modems.
iStopMotion 0.2 is an update to the stop-motion video creation software that adds new features, and a number of bug fixes. iStopMotion is free, but the developer kindly requests donations if the software is found to be useful. [Download form]
Symantec has posted January, 2003 virus definitions for its NAV 6, 7, and 8 Macintosh products. [8.0, 7.0.2, 7.0.x, 6.0]
Delta Tao has released Spaceward Ho! 5.0.2, a maintenance update to its $40 strategic game for the Macintosh. Spaceward Ho! challenges the player to explore and colonize the galaxy: "you control the entire military and economy of a spacefaring race." [5.8MB]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...Entry-level 27-inch Retina iMac
The 27-inch Apple iMac with 5K Retina display is already one of the best value-for-money Macs that Apple has ever released. It was som ...
10 Most Discussed
- Neil Young says he will pull music catalog from streaming services - 24 replies
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Editorial: whatever happened to 'It Just Works?' - 18 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Apple takes lid off 64-bit A8 iPod touch, now up to 128GB - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies