Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Cali School District uses Apple technology
The Chino Valley Unified School District will become the second California School District to use Apple technology to change the way students take standardized tests and turn in homework, according to the San Bernardino County Sun: "Under the E-Backpack/Universal Locker program, high school students could use the Web to access homework or class assignments posted by teachers. Students would work on those assignments and could even turn in their homework via the Web....The Board of Education on Dec. 12 approved a $375,206 contract with Apple to launch the E-Backpack/Universal Locker program and the Electronic Multiple Measures Testing System in the school district by the end of the 2002-03 school year." One reader provided details about the technology, which is distinct from Apple's PowerSchool:
"I attended an Apple CIO Roundtable in late October and we were given extensive overviews of both of these products - and it was very apparent they they [PowerSchool and Universal Lockers] are not related other than being two different Apple products. PowerSchool is a student information system (student demographics, grades, report cards, transcripts, health info, etc.) where Universal Lockers simply allow students and staff to access their data files on a district server via a standard web browser. The Universal Locker concept is very cool!"
The search for a good messenger bag that doubles as a laptop bag is something many travelers find themselves facing at least once. Bet ...PenClic Bluetooth mouse
Windows 8 aside, computer users have been trained that a mouse is the proper way to navigate through the desktop for many years now. T ...Booqpad for iPad Air
Before we get rolling, I'll confess: I've never understood the purpose of cases like the Booqpad. If you've got a tablet, surely p ...
10 Most Discussed
- Mayer: Yahoo should be Apple's default search engine - 19 replies
- Samsung seized on death of Steve Jobs to launch anti-Apple ads - 15 replies
- Apple considers 'dramatic' revamping of iTunes Music Store - 14 replies
- Rumor: Apple considering entry into high-definition music? [u] - 9 replies
- Revealed: Samsung misled investors, pundits with shipments vs. sales - 8 replies
- Core iOS creator said to be leaving Apple after row with Jonathan Ive - 8 replies
- Campaign calls for ouster of Condoleezza Rice from Dropbox board - 8 replies
- NSA denies using Heartbleed security flaw in intelligence gathering - 7 replies
- Image shows first alleged iPhone 6 cases - 6 replies
- Tim Cook backs Employee Non-Discrimination Act on Twitter - 6 replies