Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Cali School District uses Apple technology
The Chino Valley Unified School District will become the second California School District to use Apple technology to change the way students take standardized tests and turn in homework, according to the San Bernardino County Sun: "Under the E-Backpack/Universal Locker program, high school students could use the Web to access homework or class assignments posted by teachers. Students would work on those assignments and could even turn in their homework via the Web....The Board of Education on Dec. 12 approved a $375,206 contract with Apple to launch the E-Backpack/Universal Locker program and the Electronic Multiple Measures Testing System in the school district by the end of the 2002-03 school year." One reader provided details about the technology, which is distinct from Apple's PowerSchool:
"I attended an Apple CIO Roundtable in late October and we were given extensive overviews of both of these products - and it was very apparent they they [PowerSchool and Universal Lockers] are not related other than being two different Apple products. PowerSchool is a student information system (student demographics, grades, report cards, transcripts, health info, etc.) where Universal Lockers simply allow students and staff to access their data files on a district server via a standard web browser. The Universal Locker concept is very cool!"
For all the different configurations of headphones on the market, it's always a tough choice for buyers to get something that is just ...Razer Taipan mouse
The list of gaming devices is growing larger with each passing day. A large number of companies have entered the gaming input arena, a ...Cambridge Audio DacMagic XS
Every computer with a microphone or headphone port has one -- a digital to analog converter (DAC). There are nearly as many chipsets a ...
10 Most Discussed
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- OS X Yosemite public beta now available - 23 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- SEC: Apple bought back another $5 billion in stock in June quarter - 14 replies
- Sources call for Yosemite in late Oct., Retina MacBook, Mac with 4K - 11 replies
- Apple, IBM announce collaboration on big data, analytics apps [U] - 10 replies
- Coalition of authors blames 'thuggish' Amazon for Hachette dispute - 10 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies