Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Cali School District uses Apple technology
The Chino Valley Unified School District will become the second California School District to use Apple technology to change the way students take standardized tests and turn in homework, according to the San Bernardino County Sun: "Under the E-Backpack/Universal Locker program, high school students could use the Web to access homework or class assignments posted by teachers. Students would work on those assignments and could even turn in their homework via the Web....The Board of Education on Dec. 12 approved a $375,206 contract with Apple to launch the E-Backpack/Universal Locker program and the Electronic Multiple Measures Testing System in the school district by the end of the 2002-03 school year." One reader provided details about the technology, which is distinct from Apple's PowerSchool:
"I attended an Apple CIO Roundtable in late October and we were given extensive overviews of both of these products - and it was very apparent they they [PowerSchool and Universal Lockers] are not related other than being two different Apple products. PowerSchool is a student information system (student demographics, grades, report cards, transcripts, health info, etc.) where Universal Lockers simply allow students and staff to access their data files on a district server via a standard web browser. The Universal Locker concept is very cool!"
It seems like no matter how much internal storage is included today's mobile devices, we, as users, will always find a way to fill th ...Brother HL-L8250CDN Color Laser Printer
When it comes to selecting a printer, the process is not exactly something most people put a lot of thought into. Printers are often t ...Moshi iVisor AG and XT for iPad Air 2
Have you ever tried to put in a screen protector that relies on static to cling to the screen? How many bubbles and wrinkles does it h ...
10 Most Discussed
- In with the new: USB-C connector on new MacBook explained - 19 replies
- Latest MacBooks drop Windows 7 compatibility in Boot Camp - 18 replies
- Apple executives participate in, praise 'Becoming Steve Jobs' bio - 12 replies
- Apple Watch: how Apple Stores will handle the debut - 10 replies
- Hands On: Carbon Copy Cloner 4.0.6 (OS X) - 10 replies
- Briefly: Apple TV gains new channels, Pro Tools 12 changes pricing - 10 replies
- Legal barrage launched over FCC Open Internet regulation in DC courts - 10 replies
- Hands On: Fantastical 2 (OS X) - 9 replies
- Apple CEO asks Arkansas governor to veto 'right to discriminate' law - 9 replies
- Hands On: Downcast 2.8.28 (iOS) - 8 replies