Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: e-CryptIt, Downfall, RPMinator, Déjà Vu
Einhugur Software has released a new version of its e-CryptIt engine. Version 7.0 adds a new BlowfishECB class, new example projects for the new algorithms, and a number of bug fixes. e-CryptIt is a $50 plug-in for REALbasic developers. [Download - 553KB]
Downfall 1.2.2 is a maintenance update to Norbyte's "falling blocks" shareware ($10) game that includes improved graphics, fewer 'nag screens,' and a bug fix. "Downfall takes the falling blocks genre one step further with its twelve uniquely designed implementations of the classic concept." [Download - Classic, OS X]
RPMinator 1.0 is a free, open-source application that can extract files from RPM packages. It is hosted by SourceForge and is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Interested developers are encouraged to contribute to RPMinator. [Download - 497KB]
Propaganda Productions has released Déjà Vu 2.2 ($15), an update to its popular backup utility for Mac OS X. Version 2.2 adds a backup status monitor, and Italian and Japanese localizations. Déjà Vu offers an "innovative new approach" to backing up files, by offering scheduling, automatic functions, and system integration. [Download - 942KB]
FireWire Depot offers new drive enclosures
FireWire Depot has unveiled two new 2.5" FireWire-only and FireWire/USB2 combo drive enclosures. Both enclosures are made of brushed aluminum casings, measure 77x139x 23mm, can be bus powered, have two-6 pin FireWire ports (an additional USB2 port is located on the Combo version). Pricing is $85 for the FireWire-only unit, and $100 for the combo device.
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...Epson WorkForce DS-40 scanner
In this day and age, there's a significant amount of pressure to go paperless, and downsize the amount of things that one collects ov ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple CEO Tim Cook meets with Utah Senator Orrin Hatch - 10 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- New Foxconn robots too imprecise for Apple products, report claims - 8 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 7 replies
- New iOS 8.1.2 release solves problems with missing ringtones - 6 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies