Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: e-CryptIt, Downfall, RPMinator, Déjà Vu
Einhugur Software has released a new version of its e-CryptIt engine. Version 7.0 adds a new BlowfishECB class, new example projects for the new algorithms, and a number of bug fixes. e-CryptIt is a $50 plug-in for REALbasic developers. [Download - 553KB]
Downfall 1.2.2 is a maintenance update to Norbyte's "falling blocks" shareware ($10) game that includes improved graphics, fewer 'nag screens,' and a bug fix. "Downfall takes the falling blocks genre one step further with its twelve uniquely designed implementations of the classic concept." [Download - Classic, OS X]
RPMinator 1.0 is a free, open-source application that can extract files from RPM packages. It is hosted by SourceForge and is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Interested developers are encouraged to contribute to RPMinator. [Download - 497KB]
Propaganda Productions has released Déjà Vu 2.2 ($15), an update to its popular backup utility for Mac OS X. Version 2.2 adds a backup status monitor, and Italian and Japanese localizations. Déjà Vu offers an "innovative new approach" to backing up files, by offering scheduling, automatic functions, and system integration. [Download - 942KB]
FireWire Depot offers new drive enclosures
FireWire Depot has unveiled two new 2.5" FireWire-only and FireWire/USB2 combo drive enclosures. Both enclosures are made of brushed aluminum casings, measure 77x139x 23mm, can be bus powered, have two-6 pin FireWire ports (an additional USB2 port is located on the Combo version). Pricing is $85 for the FireWire-only unit, and $100 for the combo device.
Have you ever tried to put in a screen protector that relies on static to cling to the screen? How many bubbles and wrinkles does it h ...OmniPlan (OS X, iOS)
We reviewed the Omni Group's most famous Mac software, a To Do app called OmniFocus, back in June 2014, and we were impressed. Some o ...Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3500 projector
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...
10 Most Discussed
- FCC approves net neutrality, Title II proposal in 3-2 vote - 31 replies
- Opponents, supporters of FCC Net Neutrality, Title II vote speak out - 14 replies
- Apple on the hook for $533M lawsuit payout over in-app purchase tech - 12 replies
- First US magazine appearance of Apple Watch debuts - 11 replies
- New Jersey man hospitalized by exploded iPhone 5c battery - 9 replies
- Editorial: iCar or Apple moonshot? - 8 replies
- Hands On: Records 1.0 (OS X) - 8 replies
- Apple launches video repair program for 2011-2013 MacBook Pros - 8 replies
- Apple investing $1.9 billion in two new European data centers - 7 replies
- Apple reportedly launching wide public beta of iOS 8.3 in May - 7 replies