Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: e-CryptIt, Downfall, RPMinator, Déjà Vu
Einhugur Software has released a new version of its e-CryptIt engine. Version 7.0 adds a new BlowfishECB class, new example projects for the new algorithms, and a number of bug fixes. e-CryptIt is a $50 plug-in for REALbasic developers. [Download - 553KB]
Downfall 1.2.2 is a maintenance update to Norbyte's "falling blocks" shareware ($10) game that includes improved graphics, fewer 'nag screens,' and a bug fix. "Downfall takes the falling blocks genre one step further with its twelve uniquely designed implementations of the classic concept." [Download - Classic, OS X]
RPMinator 1.0 is a free, open-source application that can extract files from RPM packages. It is hosted by SourceForge and is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Interested developers are encouraged to contribute to RPMinator. [Download - 497KB]
Propaganda Productions has released Déjà Vu 2.2 ($15), an update to its popular backup utility for Mac OS X. Version 2.2 adds a backup status monitor, and Italian and Japanese localizations. Déjà Vu offers an "innovative new approach" to backing up files, by offering scheduling, automatic functions, and system integration. [Download - 942KB]
FireWire Depot offers new drive enclosures
FireWire Depot has unveiled two new 2.5" FireWire-only and FireWire/USB2 combo drive enclosures. Both enclosures are made of brushed aluminum casings, measure 77x139x 23mm, can be bus powered, have two-6 pin FireWire ports (an additional USB2 port is located on the Combo version). Pricing is $85 for the FireWire-only unit, and $100 for the combo device.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 13 replies
- Apple purging XcodeGhost-afflicted apps, Angry Birds 2 among infected - 12 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Songwriter criticizes low royalty payments from streaming services - 11 replies
- Security flaw in iOS 9 discovered, could expose photos, contacts - 11 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 10 replies
- Follow-up: Sorkin apologizes for remarks against Cook - 9 replies