Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: e-CryptIt, Downfall, RPMinator, Déjà Vu
Einhugur Software has released a new version of its e-CryptIt engine. Version 7.0 adds a new BlowfishECB class, new example projects for the new algorithms, and a number of bug fixes. e-CryptIt is a $50 plug-in for REALbasic developers. [Download - 553KB]
Downfall 1.2.2 is a maintenance update to Norbyte's "falling blocks" shareware ($10) game that includes improved graphics, fewer 'nag screens,' and a bug fix. "Downfall takes the falling blocks genre one step further with its twelve uniquely designed implementations of the classic concept." [Download - Classic, OS X]
RPMinator 1.0 is a free, open-source application that can extract files from RPM packages. It is hosted by SourceForge and is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Interested developers are encouraged to contribute to RPMinator. [Download - 497KB]
Propaganda Productions has released Déjà Vu 2.2 ($15), an update to its popular backup utility for Mac OS X. Version 2.2 adds a backup status monitor, and Italian and Japanese localizations. Déjà Vu offers an "innovative new approach" to backing up files, by offering scheduling, automatic functions, and system integration. [Download - 942KB]
FireWire Depot offers new drive enclosures
FireWire Depot has unveiled two new 2.5" FireWire-only and FireWire/USB2 combo drive enclosures. Both enclosures are made of brushed aluminum casings, measure 77x139x 23mm, can be bus powered, have two-6 pin FireWire ports (an additional USB2 port is located on the Combo version). Pricing is $85 for the FireWire-only unit, and $100 for the combo device.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 63 replies
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 23 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Gartner: Apple rises, Samsung drops in worldwide phone share - 6 replies
- Pointers: Join a Mac/iOS User Group! - 6 replies