Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: 3ivx Delta 4, DivX Doctor, Thoth...
Happy Machines has released 3ivx Delta 4 PR2, an update to its high-quality MPEG-4 codec that now offers "faster, better" compression and higher quality: "The 3ivx decoder plays back most MPEG-4 variants (including DivX 3,4 and 5, Apple MPEG-4, Philips MPEG-4 and XviD). The 3ivx decoder produces noticeably higher quality video than other decoders due to its high quality post-processing filters, and because of its core design and optimization maintains a record-breaking decode speed." It runs on Mac OS 8/9/X. [752KB]
DivX Doctor II v2.1 "updates .avi videos to 3ivx QuickTime (.mov) videos. After the conversion you will be able to play the video smoothly, and the audio glitches inherrant in the AVI format will be fixed." [271KB]
Mac MPEG-2 Decoder b8 is an open-source application that converts MPEG-2 files to 3ivx D4 PR2 under Mac OS. [168KB]
Thoth 1.5.10 adds support for inline audio/video and a "Expire Active Connections After" setting to the $25 shareware usenet news-reader. The update also corrects a number of bugs, including one whereby completed files would still be marked as "incomplete." Thoth is available for both Mac OS 9 and OS X. [Download - Classic (CarbonLib 1.0.4), OS X (CarbonLib 1.4.0 or OS X)]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Hands On: Twitter 3.1.0 (OS X) - 6 replies