Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: 3ivx Delta 4, DivX Doctor, Thoth...
Happy Machines has released 3ivx Delta 4 PR2, an update to its high-quality MPEG-4 codec that now offers "faster, better" compression and higher quality: "The 3ivx decoder plays back most MPEG-4 variants (including DivX 3,4 and 5, Apple MPEG-4, Philips MPEG-4 and XviD). The 3ivx decoder produces noticeably higher quality video than other decoders due to its high quality post-processing filters, and because of its core design and optimization maintains a record-breaking decode speed." It runs on Mac OS 8/9/X. [752KB]
DivX Doctor II v2.1 "updates .avi videos to 3ivx QuickTime (.mov) videos. After the conversion you will be able to play the video smoothly, and the audio glitches inherrant in the AVI format will be fixed." [271KB]
Mac MPEG-2 Decoder b8 is an open-source application that converts MPEG-2 files to 3ivx D4 PR2 under Mac OS. [168KB]
Thoth 1.5.10 adds support for inline audio/video and a "Expire Active Connections After" setting to the $25 shareware usenet news-reader. The update also corrects a number of bugs, including one whereby completed files would still be marked as "incomplete." Thoth is available for both Mac OS 9 and OS X. [Download - Classic (CarbonLib 1.0.4), OS X (CarbonLib 1.4.0 or OS X)]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: The trouble with the Music app for iOS - 14 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies