Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: 3ivx Delta 4, DivX Doctor, Thoth...
Happy Machines has released 3ivx Delta 4 PR2, an update to its high-quality MPEG-4 codec that now offers "faster, better" compression and higher quality: "The 3ivx decoder plays back most MPEG-4 variants (including DivX 3,4 and 5, Apple MPEG-4, Philips MPEG-4 and XviD). The 3ivx decoder produces noticeably higher quality video than other decoders due to its high quality post-processing filters, and because of its core design and optimization maintains a record-breaking decode speed." It runs on Mac OS 8/9/X. [752KB]
DivX Doctor II v2.1 "updates .avi videos to 3ivx QuickTime (.mov) videos. After the conversion you will be able to play the video smoothly, and the audio glitches inherrant in the AVI format will be fixed." [271KB]
Mac MPEG-2 Decoder b8 is an open-source application that converts MPEG-2 files to 3ivx D4 PR2 under Mac OS. [168KB]
Thoth 1.5.10 adds support for inline audio/video and a "Expire Active Connections After" setting to the $25 shareware usenet news-reader. The update also corrects a number of bugs, including one whereby completed files would still be marked as "incomplete." Thoth is available for both Mac OS 9 and OS X. [Download - Classic (CarbonLib 1.0.4), OS X (CarbonLib 1.4.0 or OS X)]
We reviewed the Omni Group's most famous Mac software, a To Do app called OmniFocus, back in June 2014, and we were impressed. Some o ...Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3500 projector
Trying to find the perfect projector for a home theater can be tricky, as there are bountiful options on the market from a large numbe ...Thecus N2310 NAS
For every computer user, there comes a point of critical mass in data storage. When it hits, external hard drives, USB sticks and DVD ...
10 Most Discussed
- FCC approves net neutrality, Title II proposal in 3-2 vote - 31 replies
- Opponents, supporters of FCC Net Neutrality, Title II vote speak out - 14 replies
- Apple on the hook for $533M lawsuit payout over in-app purchase tech - 12 replies
- Apple tipsters claim Apple electric minivan in the works - 12 replies
- First US magazine appearance of Apple Watch debuts - 10 replies
- Editorial: iCar or Apple moonshot? - 8 replies
- Apple launches video repair program for 2011-2013 MacBook Pros - 8 replies
- Hands On: Records 1.0 (OS X) - 8 replies
- FCC net neutrality vote today, last minute changes made to proposal - 7 replies
- Apple reportedly launching wide public beta of iOS 8.3 in May - 7 replies