Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: MacPuyo 2, Address Book Exporter 2.1...
Liquid Metal Software has released MacPuyo 2 ($15), a sequel to its popular arcade-style game for the Macintosh. As with the original MacPuyo, the objective is to "position falling colored blobs so they form groups of four or more." MacPuyo 2 features new graphics, sounds and music, with higher screen resolution support, and improved AI. Unlike the original game, MacPuyo 2 is available for Mac OS X. [Download - Classic (version 1.5), OS X]
Address Book Exporter 2.1 adds Entourage, Palm Desktop and Yahoo export templates to the free contact list export tool. Version 2.1 also adds the ability to export selected Address Book groups independently, and includes a more responsive interface. Address Book Exporter generates tab-delimited text file contact list files that can be then parsed by other applications, or stored as backup. [Download - 147KB]
Spectral Class has released an update to its "TIFF Tuner" image transparency editor. Beta 4 adds support for a range of pixel attributes and allows the application of various styles to be performed in a "variable blending" fashion. The update also includes bug fixes, and grayscale image support. [Download - 277KB]
Tri-CATALOG 5.07 is a maintenance update to the $100 "file and picture cataloger" for Mac OS X. New features in version 5.07 include: the ability to search the "Legend" field of image files that support the IPTC standard; interface stability improvements; functional Stuffit Expander archive analyzing; and improved file commenting. [Download - 1.8MB]
New \"Switch\" advertisement online
Apple has posted a new "Switcher" TV ad, featuring high school student and Apple convert Alex Schoknech. In the ad, Mr. Schoknecht discusses his recent purchase of a Mac, and his father's gradual transition to the platform.
Looking for a pair of headphones that can do everything a user requires is a task that can take some study. Trying to decide on in-ear ...MaxUpgrades 512GB Retina MacBook Pro SSD
Apple's Retina line of MacBook Pro notebooks have been impressive, right from their debut in 2012. Thinner than the previous model, t ...Lemur BlueDriver
"Oh no, the check engine light is on…again! What one of the hundreds of reasons could it be this time? Probably going to cost a for ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Senator Ted Cruz off the mark with net neutrality comments - 15 replies
- Apple pursuing 'aggressive expansion' in enterprise market - 15 replies
- Spotify paid over $2B in royalties, CEO responds to Taylor Swift - 12 replies
- Some Safari users experiencing severe YouTube playback problems - 12 replies
- FCC chairman rejects President's call for Title II ISP regulation - 11 replies
- First Look: Apple iMac with 5K Retina Display - 10 replies
- Apple must face lawsuit over iMessage's lost texts, says Judge Koh - 10 replies
- AT&T could shelve gigabit fiber investments over net neutrality rules - 10 replies
- President Obama voices support for Title II reclassification of ISPs - 9 replies
- Upp hydrogen fuel cell available in Apple Stores in United Kingdom - 7 replies