Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: MacPuyo 2, Address Book Exporter 2.1...
Liquid Metal Software has released MacPuyo 2 ($15), a sequel to its popular arcade-style game for the Macintosh. As with the original MacPuyo, the objective is to "position falling colored blobs so they form groups of four or more." MacPuyo 2 features new graphics, sounds and music, with higher screen resolution support, and improved AI. Unlike the original game, MacPuyo 2 is available for Mac OS X. [Download - Classic (version 1.5), OS X]
Address Book Exporter 2.1 adds Entourage, Palm Desktop and Yahoo export templates to the free contact list export tool. Version 2.1 also adds the ability to export selected Address Book groups independently, and includes a more responsive interface. Address Book Exporter generates tab-delimited text file contact list files that can be then parsed by other applications, or stored as backup. [Download - 147KB]
Spectral Class has released an update to its "TIFF Tuner" image transparency editor. Beta 4 adds support for a range of pixel attributes and allows the application of various styles to be performed in a "variable blending" fashion. The update also includes bug fixes, and grayscale image support. [Download - 277KB]
Tri-CATALOG 5.07 is a maintenance update to the $100 "file and picture cataloger" for Mac OS X. New features in version 5.07 include: the ability to search the "Legend" field of image files that support the IPTC standard; interface stability improvements; functional Stuffit Expander archive analyzing; and improved file commenting. [Download - 1.8MB]
New \"Switch\" advertisement online
Apple has posted a new "Switcher" TV ad, featuring high school student and Apple convert Alex Schoknech. In the ad, Mr. Schoknecht discusses his recent purchase of a Mac, and his father's gradual transition to the platform.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Opinion: The trouble with the Music app for iOS - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies