Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: MacPuyo 2, Address Book Exporter 2.1...
Liquid Metal Software has released MacPuyo 2 ($15), a sequel to its popular arcade-style game for the Macintosh. As with the original MacPuyo, the objective is to "position falling colored blobs so they form groups of four or more." MacPuyo 2 features new graphics, sounds and music, with higher screen resolution support, and improved AI. Unlike the original game, MacPuyo 2 is available for Mac OS X. [Download - Classic (version 1.5), OS X]
Address Book Exporter 2.1 adds Entourage, Palm Desktop and Yahoo export templates to the free contact list export tool. Version 2.1 also adds the ability to export selected Address Book groups independently, and includes a more responsive interface. Address Book Exporter generates tab-delimited text file contact list files that can be then parsed by other applications, or stored as backup. [Download - 147KB]
Spectral Class has released an update to its "TIFF Tuner" image transparency editor. Beta 4 adds support for a range of pixel attributes and allows the application of various styles to be performed in a "variable blending" fashion. The update also includes bug fixes, and grayscale image support. [Download - 277KB]
Tri-CATALOG 5.07 is a maintenance update to the $100 "file and picture cataloger" for Mac OS X. New features in version 5.07 include: the ability to search the "Legend" field of image files that support the IPTC standard; interface stability improvements; functional Stuffit Expander archive analyzing; and improved file commenting. [Download - 1.8MB]
New \"Switch\" advertisement online
Apple has posted a new "Switcher" TV ad, featuring high school student and Apple convert Alex Schoknech. In the ad, Mr. Schoknecht discusses his recent purchase of a Mac, and his father's gradual transition to the platform.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 12 replies
- FCC petitioned by hotels to allow disrupting guest-created hotspots - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- Obama: Sony hack not act of war; Anonymous promises attacks on NK - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Apple rejects conclusions of BBC expose showing supply chain abuses - 6 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies
- Apple to charge VAT per-country at European App Stores - 6 replies
- Obama wants stronger cyber-security laws in 2015 - 6 replies