Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: MacPuyo 2, Address Book Exporter 2.1...
Liquid Metal Software has released MacPuyo 2 ($15), a sequel to its popular arcade-style game for the Macintosh. As with the original MacPuyo, the objective is to "position falling colored blobs so they form groups of four or more." MacPuyo 2 features new graphics, sounds and music, with higher screen resolution support, and improved AI. Unlike the original game, MacPuyo 2 is available for Mac OS X. [Download - Classic (version 1.5), OS X]
Address Book Exporter 2.1 adds Entourage, Palm Desktop and Yahoo export templates to the free contact list export tool. Version 2.1 also adds the ability to export selected Address Book groups independently, and includes a more responsive interface. Address Book Exporter generates tab-delimited text file contact list files that can be then parsed by other applications, or stored as backup. [Download - 147KB]
Spectral Class has released an update to its "TIFF Tuner" image transparency editor. Beta 4 adds support for a range of pixel attributes and allows the application of various styles to be performed in a "variable blending" fashion. The update also includes bug fixes, and grayscale image support. [Download - 277KB]
Tri-CATALOG 5.07 is a maintenance update to the $100 "file and picture cataloger" for Mac OS X. New features in version 5.07 include: the ability to search the "Legend" field of image files that support the IPTC standard; interface stability improvements; functional Stuffit Expander archive analyzing; and improved file commenting. [Download - 1.8MB]
New \"Switch\" advertisement online
Apple has posted a new "Switcher" TV ad, featuring high school student and Apple convert Alex Schoknech. In the ad, Mr. Schoknecht discusses his recent purchase of a Mac, and his father's gradual transition to the platform.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Hands On: Griffin Powermate Bluetooth - 9 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Appeals court opens door to FTC oversight of corporate cyber security - 6 replies