Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Journalizer enables File Journaling feature
Journalizer is a free utility for Mac OS X 10.2.2. which will "allow you to activate or deactivate Apple's new file journaling feature without using the command line, and, you don't need to be running OS X server software." Update: Apple notes that third-party disk utilities that have not been updated to recognize journaling may turn it off in the course of repairing a volume.
Apple posts Switch ad, adds Switch stories
Apple has posted a new set of Switch stories. It also yesterday posted the TV ad from music group De La Soul, a wrap up of its participation in Technology + Learning Conference in Dallas, and a feature on music group Coldplay described as "a diehard Mac band with Power Macs in their studio, and plenty of PowerBooks and iPods on the tour circuit.".
Apple's Hotnews section also notes a recent positive Power Mac G4 review in the USA Today and Wired News' "Maine Spawns Budding Kubricks," which describes 7th graders writing screenplays and iMovie-based claymation projects.
Eudora Internet Mail Server 3.2 in beta
Glenn Anderson has released EIMS 3.2b1, an update to the Internet mail server for Mac OS 7/8/9 and Mac OS X. The beta, which expires on December 18th, adds completely rewritten relay restrictions, a new domain name resolver (DNR), a backup SMTP Submit port, IP range restrictions, reduced CPU utilization when idle, and other enhancements. A full license is $400. [Classic, OSX]
Dell tops Apple in education sales
Quality Education Data reports that Macs are one-third of the installed base in US schools, and that Apple is second to Dell: "Macintosh is the single most common brand of instructional computer in schools today, but Wintel computers (from all makers combined) constitute more than two-thirds of the installed base. Of Wintel computers, Dell Computer is the most common brand with an estimated 18% of the installed base. Dell is also the leading brand in district plans to purchase instructional computers for the 2002-2003 school year, with a 35% share, beating out Apple's Macintosh brand (21%) for the lead....Almost one-half of the districts surveyed (43%) report current ownership of wireless devices.."
Apple has never been shy about funky ports -- first it was Apple Desktop Bus, and its own DIN-8 serial port. Following that came FireW ...Logitech Hyperion Fury mouse
Selecting the correct gaming mouse comes down to finding a device that balances the needs of a user with a price they can afford. Ofte ...Life n Soul BM211 Bluetooth speaker
Bluetooth speakers aren't only for listening to some music at the park or on a long bus ride, but can also be built with tablets in m ...
10 Most Discussed
- US cybersecurity chief claims lack of experience not important to job - 16 replies
- Quicken 2015 for Mac brings new features, strips others - 11 replies
- Security guards protest low wages, block Apple San Francisco store - 9 replies
- Claim: Apple's iMessage accounts for 30 percent of all mobile spam - 8 replies
- Apple releases second public OS X Yosemite beta, new iTunes 12 test - 8 replies
- Schematics suggest iPhone 6 may come in 16, 64, and 128GB models - 8 replies
- Rumor: iPhone 6 may support 150Mbps LTE-A - 7 replies
- Digital credit card replacement Coin calls for 10,000 more testers - 7 replies
- Uber allowed to resume services in Berlin after ban suspended - 6 replies
- New malware stealing advertising revenue from jailbroken iOS devices - 6 replies