Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Journalizer enables File Journaling feature
Journalizer is a free utility for Mac OS X 10.2.2. which will "allow you to activate or deactivate Apple's new file journaling feature without using the command line, and, you don't need to be running OS X server software." Update: Apple notes that third-party disk utilities that have not been updated to recognize journaling may turn it off in the course of repairing a volume.
Apple posts Switch ad, adds Switch stories
Apple has posted a new set of Switch stories. It also yesterday posted the TV ad from music group De La Soul, a wrap up of its participation in Technology + Learning Conference in Dallas, and a feature on music group Coldplay described as "a diehard Mac band with Power Macs in their studio, and plenty of PowerBooks and iPods on the tour circuit.".
Apple's Hotnews section also notes a recent positive Power Mac G4 review in the USA Today and Wired News' "Maine Spawns Budding Kubricks," which describes 7th graders writing screenplays and iMovie-based claymation projects.
Eudora Internet Mail Server 3.2 in beta
Glenn Anderson has released EIMS 3.2b1, an update to the Internet mail server for Mac OS 7/8/9 and Mac OS X. The beta, which expires on December 18th, adds completely rewritten relay restrictions, a new domain name resolver (DNR), a backup SMTP Submit port, IP range restrictions, reduced CPU utilization when idle, and other enhancements. A full license is $400. [Classic, OSX]
Dell tops Apple in education sales
Quality Education Data reports that Macs are one-third of the installed base in US schools, and that Apple is second to Dell: "Macintosh is the single most common brand of instructional computer in schools today, but Wintel computers (from all makers combined) constitute more than two-thirds of the installed base. Of Wintel computers, Dell Computer is the most common brand with an estimated 18% of the installed base. Dell is also the leading brand in district plans to purchase instructional computers for the 2002-2003 school year, with a 35% share, beating out Apple's Macintosh brand (21%) for the lead....Almost one-half of the districts surveyed (43%) report current ownership of wireless devices.."
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...Snugg Robust Case for iPad Air
Snugg's Distressed Brown Leather Case was something of a pleasant surprise when I reviewed it last year. I didn't expect much at fi ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Adobe drags feet on notifying data theft victims, millions at risk - 9 replies
- Nokia pokes Apple's iPad Air with derisive new ads for Lumia 2520 - 8 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- Politicians, tech giants promote 'Hour of Code' learning initiative - 7 replies
- Samsung attempts to silence YouTube complaint of Galaxy S4 fire, fails - 6 replies