Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Updated benchmarks on Power Mac G4s
Digital Video Editing has posted an article with updated benchmarks on the latest generation of Power Mac G4s: "if you compare the new mid-range G4 with the old mid-range G4, there's just no comparison at all. And the new high-end 1.25 GHz G4 simply blows away the old high-end 1 GHz G4. The new dual 867 MHz model--the entry-level G4--offered some impressive results as well." Benchmarks were completed using Adobe After Effects 5.5, Combustion 2, Final Cut Pro 3, Photoshop 7, Illustrator 10, Cleaner 6 and Wildform Flix Pro 3.
Grand opening at Apple Store King of Prussia
MacNN readers Peter Kohut and "Scott" have posted photos from the Apple Store King of Prussia grand opening yesterday. Apple has also changed the status of the opening of its Apple Store Bay Street (Emeryville, CA) to "coming soon," after initially indicating a November 16 opening date.
Apps: KoalaCalc, Time-X, ArcherPro...
- Macropod Software has released KoalaCalc 2.0, an update to its free multi-purpose scientific/conversion/statistical calculator for Max OS X. It adds voice recognition and speech support, an expression calculator, more conversions, and a redesigned interface. [1.2MB]
Jan Kujawa has posted RPN Calculator 0.6, a "reverse-Polish-notation calculator for OS X, as a replacement for the built-in calculator, for people who like HP calculators. It's tiny, and it doesn't take up much screen space, as the HP 48 emulator does." [103KB]
Time-X 2.0 is a $10 shareware digital clock for Mac OS X that supports fully customizable skins. It includes five functions: clock, date, chronograph, timer, and alarm. [1.5MB]
Infinite Loop has released Stock Watcher 1.0, a $12 shareware application that tracks stocks as well as a personal portfolio: "It will automatically retrieve the latest quotes from the internet and display this information in a convenient format. It will also manage your portfolio of shares including calculation of gain or loss in your local currency." [296KB]
Parker Software's ArcherPro 3.0 adds new functions to the $30 multimedia viewer that features sequenced image export, an integrated database for future growth, and a Destination Folders feature. [1.2MB]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: The trouble with the Music app for iOS - 14 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies