Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Updated benchmarks on Power Mac G4s
Digital Video Editing has posted an article with updated benchmarks on the latest generation of Power Mac G4s: "if you compare the new mid-range G4 with the old mid-range G4, there's just no comparison at all. And the new high-end 1.25 GHz G4 simply blows away the old high-end 1 GHz G4. The new dual 867 MHz model--the entry-level G4--offered some impressive results as well." Benchmarks were completed using Adobe After Effects 5.5, Combustion 2, Final Cut Pro 3, Photoshop 7, Illustrator 10, Cleaner 6 and Wildform Flix Pro 3.
Grand opening at Apple Store King of Prussia
MacNN readers Peter Kohut and "Scott" have posted photos from the Apple Store King of Prussia grand opening yesterday. Apple has also changed the status of the opening of its Apple Store Bay Street (Emeryville, CA) to "coming soon," after initially indicating a November 16 opening date.
Apps: KoalaCalc, Time-X, ArcherPro...
- Macropod Software has released KoalaCalc 2.0, an update to its free multi-purpose scientific/conversion/statistical calculator for Max OS X. It adds voice recognition and speech support, an expression calculator, more conversions, and a redesigned interface. [1.2MB]
Jan Kujawa has posted RPN Calculator 0.6, a "reverse-Polish-notation calculator for OS X, as a replacement for the built-in calculator, for people who like HP calculators. It's tiny, and it doesn't take up much screen space, as the HP 48 emulator does." [103KB]
Time-X 2.0 is a $10 shareware digital clock for Mac OS X that supports fully customizable skins. It includes five functions: clock, date, chronograph, timer, and alarm. [1.5MB]
Infinite Loop has released Stock Watcher 1.0, a $12 shareware application that tracks stocks as well as a personal portfolio: "It will automatically retrieve the latest quotes from the internet and display this information in a convenient format. It will also manage your portfolio of shares including calculation of gain or loss in your local currency." [296KB]
Parker Software's ArcherPro 3.0 adds new functions to the $30 multimedia viewer that features sequenced image export, an integrated database for future growth, and a Destination Folders feature. [1.2MB]
It seems like no matter how much internal storage is included today's mobile devices, we, as users, will always find a way to fill th ...Brother HL-L8250CDN Color Laser Printer
When it comes to selecting a printer, the process is not exactly something most people put a lot of thought into. Printers are often t ...Moshi iVisor AG and XT for iPad Air 2
Have you ever tried to put in a screen protector that relies on static to cling to the screen? How many bubbles and wrinkles does it h ...
10 Most Discussed
- In with the new: USB-C connector on new MacBook explained - 19 replies
- Latest MacBooks drop Windows 7 compatibility in Boot Camp - 18 replies
- Apple executives participate in, praise 'Becoming Steve Jobs' bio - 12 replies
- Briefly: Apple TV gains new channels, Pro Tools 12 changes pricing - 10 replies
- Apple Watch: how Apple Stores will handle the debut - 10 replies
- Legal barrage launched over FCC Open Internet regulation in DC courts - 10 replies
- Hands On: Fantastical 2 (OS X) - 9 replies
- Pointers: 1Password tricks (OS X, iOS) - 8 replies
- Hands On: Downcast 2.8.28 (iOS) - 8 replies
- Review: Becoming Steve Jobs - 7 replies