Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Updated benchmarks on Power Mac G4s
Digital Video Editing has posted an article with updated benchmarks on the latest generation of Power Mac G4s: "if you compare the new mid-range G4 with the old mid-range G4, there's just no comparison at all. And the new high-end 1.25 GHz G4 simply blows away the old high-end 1 GHz G4. The new dual 867 MHz model--the entry-level G4--offered some impressive results as well." Benchmarks were completed using Adobe After Effects 5.5, Combustion 2, Final Cut Pro 3, Photoshop 7, Illustrator 10, Cleaner 6 and Wildform Flix Pro 3.
Grand opening at Apple Store King of Prussia
MacNN readers Peter Kohut and "Scott" have posted photos from the Apple Store King of Prussia grand opening yesterday. Apple has also changed the status of the opening of its Apple Store Bay Street (Emeryville, CA) to "coming soon," after initially indicating a November 16 opening date.
Apps: KoalaCalc, Time-X, ArcherPro...
- Macropod Software has released KoalaCalc 2.0, an update to its free multi-purpose scientific/conversion/statistical calculator for Max OS X. It adds voice recognition and speech support, an expression calculator, more conversions, and a redesigned interface. [1.2MB]
Jan Kujawa has posted RPN Calculator 0.6, a "reverse-Polish-notation calculator for OS X, as a replacement for the built-in calculator, for people who like HP calculators. It's tiny, and it doesn't take up much screen space, as the HP 48 emulator does." [103KB]
Time-X 2.0 is a $10 shareware digital clock for Mac OS X that supports fully customizable skins. It includes five functions: clock, date, chronograph, timer, and alarm. [1.5MB]
Infinite Loop has released Stock Watcher 1.0, a $12 shareware application that tracks stocks as well as a personal portfolio: "It will automatically retrieve the latest quotes from the internet and display this information in a convenient format. It will also manage your portfolio of shares including calculation of gain or loss in your local currency." [296KB]
Parker Software's ArcherPro 3.0 adds new functions to the $30 multimedia viewer that features sequenced image export, an integrated database for future growth, and a Destination Folders feature. [1.2MB]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 22 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Apple increasing employment in Ireland, creating 1,000 more jobs - 15 replies
- F.lux developers pull sideloaded app following Apple's complaint - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- First Look: Apple iPad Pro - 7 replies
- Tim Cook addresses retail, commences 'inclusion training' company-wide - 7 replies