Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
.Mac outage; reliability issues persist
Several MacNN readers note a complete .Mac outage for about three hous last night [9/28] starting at 10 pm ET (confirmed by Apple's .Mac support page), while others note persistent reliability issues with the service (Apple's support forum is available only to paid users and it does not publicly detail the reliability and uptime for its services). [updated]
[report 1] ".Mac Webmail is continually down and users aren't able to find out about it until after they have paid their $100 (that is, .Mac Support is not available until you have paid your money, and that's where all the posts about the problems are). These people are DYING for a fix to the e-mail problems; some of them are relying on .Mac for their small businesses and they are unable to keep in touch with clients, etc. Many people have posted on the discussion boards and there has been, of course, no acknowledgment or response from Apple about if/when server problems etc. will be fixed."I think this is despicable behavior on Apple's part, especially after forcing people to fork out $50-$100 for a completely unreliable mail 'solution.'"
[reader 2] "As of 11:25am PT [9/29] there are still .Mac problems. The IMAP server appears to be down (it has been since last night) but Webmail works. There are also problems seeing .Mac hosted webpages. A few hours ago Apple put up an 'all services are working' note, but now they have something up about webpage access."
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies
- Yahoo shifting away from Google, Facebook login credentials - 8 replies