Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
.Mac outage; reliability issues persist
Several MacNN readers note a complete .Mac outage for about three hous last night [9/28] starting at 10 pm ET (confirmed by Apple's .Mac support page), while others note persistent reliability issues with the service (Apple's support forum is available only to paid users and it does not publicly detail the reliability and uptime for its services). [updated]
[report 1] ".Mac Webmail is continually down and users aren't able to find out about it until after they have paid their $100 (that is, .Mac Support is not available until you have paid your money, and that's where all the posts about the problems are). These people are DYING for a fix to the e-mail problems; some of them are relying on .Mac for their small businesses and they are unable to keep in touch with clients, etc. Many people have posted on the discussion boards and there has been, of course, no acknowledgment or response from Apple about if/when server problems etc. will be fixed."I think this is despicable behavior on Apple's part, especially after forcing people to fork out $50-$100 for a completely unreliable mail 'solution.'"
[reader 2] "As of 11:25am PT [9/29] there are still .Mac problems. The IMAP server appears to be down (it has been since last night) but Webmail works. There are also problems seeing .Mac hosted webpages. A few hours ago Apple put up an 'all services are working' note, but now they have something up about webpage access."
Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this ...Plantronics Rig Surround 7.1 headset
Trying to capture the true soundscape of video games can be a daunting task. Looking to surround-sound home theater options, users hav ...Adesso Compagno X Bluetooth keyboard
The shift from typing on physical keyboards to digital versions on smartphones and tablets hasn't been an easy for many consumers. Fr ...
10 Most Discussed
- U2 frontman Bono apologizes for auto downloads of 'Songs of Innocence' - 13 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies
- Obama signs BuySecure executive order to hasten US EMV adoption - 12 replies
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite formally released - 12 replies
- Apple confirms October 16 press event - 12 replies
- 'One more thing' from Apple: Mac mini refresh - 11 replies
- New Mac mini not user-upgradeable, new analysis reveals - 11 replies
- Microsoft smartwatch touted for launch within weeks, sale soon after - 11 replies
- Photos allegedly show assembled second-gen iPad Air model - 10 replies
- Finnish Prime Minister partly blames Apple for economic troubles - 9 replies