Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
.Mac outage; reliability issues persist
Several MacNN readers note a complete .Mac outage for about three hous last night [9/28] starting at 10 pm ET (confirmed by Apple's .Mac support page), while others note persistent reliability issues with the service (Apple's support forum is available only to paid users and it does not publicly detail the reliability and uptime for its services). [updated]
[report 1] ".Mac Webmail is continually down and users aren't able to find out about it until after they have paid their $100 (that is, .Mac Support is not available until you have paid your money, and that's where all the posts about the problems are). These people are DYING for a fix to the e-mail problems; some of them are relying on .Mac for their small businesses and they are unable to keep in touch with clients, etc. Many people have posted on the discussion boards and there has been, of course, no acknowledgment or response from Apple about if/when server problems etc. will be fixed."I think this is despicable behavior on Apple's part, especially after forcing people to fork out $50-$100 for a completely unreliable mail 'solution.'"
[reader 2] "As of 11:25am PT [9/29] there are still .Mac problems. The IMAP server appears to be down (it has been since last night) but Webmail works. There are also problems seeing .Mac hosted webpages. A few hours ago Apple put up an 'all services are working' note, but now they have something up about webpage access."
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Perhaps you've already seen our review of the Dotti LED display from Witti Design. Meet Notti, Dotti's "sibling". Notti is a softb ...Seagate Personal Cloud (2-Bay)
When it comes to backing up files, many users are now looking to the myriad of cloud storage solutions available. There is no doubt th ...Leitz Icon Label Printer
When you say the words "label printer" to people, they either just really don't care, or they get incredibly excited. This is one o ...
10 Most Discussed
- Review: Alsoft DiskWarrior 5.0 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Appeals court: NSA metadata collection exceeds scope of Patriot Act - 16 replies
- Opinion: Where is my Apple Watch? - 12 replies
- Researcher: MacKeeper software has critical security flaw - 11 replies
- First Look: Microsoft Surface 3 - 8 replies
- Oculus outlines Rift PC requirements, stops OS X, Linux development - 8 replies
- Apple, Leica working to resolve bug that could corrupt Photos library - 6 replies
- Microsoft reveals six versions of Windows 10 inbound this summer - 6 replies
- Verizon, Sprint agree to pay $158M settlement with FCC over 'cramming' - 5 replies
- Review: FileMaker Pro 14 (OS X, iOS, Windows) - 5 replies