Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
.Mac outage; reliability issues persist
Several MacNN readers note a complete .Mac outage for about three hous last night [9/28] starting at 10 pm ET (confirmed by Apple's .Mac support page), while others note persistent reliability issues with the service (Apple's support forum is available only to paid users and it does not publicly detail the reliability and uptime for its services). [updated]
[report 1] ".Mac Webmail is continually down and users aren't able to find out about it until after they have paid their $100 (that is, .Mac Support is not available until you have paid your money, and that's where all the posts about the problems are). These people are DYING for a fix to the e-mail problems; some of them are relying on .Mac for their small businesses and they are unable to keep in touch with clients, etc. Many people have posted on the discussion boards and there has been, of course, no acknowledgment or response from Apple about if/when server problems etc. will be fixed."I think this is despicable behavior on Apple's part, especially after forcing people to fork out $50-$100 for a completely unreliable mail 'solution.'"
[reader 2] "As of 11:25am PT [9/29] there are still .Mac problems. The IMAP server appears to be down (it has been since last night) but Webmail works. There are also problems seeing .Mac hosted webpages. A few hours ago Apple put up an 'all services are working' note, but now they have something up about webpage access."
Gaming headphones are a challenge to get right, for a long list of reasons that are unique to the consumer buying them. Some shoppers ...Patriot Aero Wireless Mobile Drive
Regardless of how large a tablet you buy, you always want more space. There's always one more movie or another album you'd cram on, ...Patriot Fuel+ 6000 and 9000mAh batteries
Mobile device batteries are better than they used to be, but there's always a scenario where users could use more juice. Upgrade manu ...
10 Most Discussed
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 13 replies
- Apple, IBM announce collaboration on big data, analytics apps [U] - 10 replies
- Apple now blocking older Flash Player plug-ins, citing security flaw - 9 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 8 replies
- Apple's iPad may pose risks for people with nickel allergies - 7 replies
- New commercial debuts for MacBook Air, entitled 'Stickers' - 7 replies
- New iTunes 11.3 brings iTunes Extras for HD movies - 7 replies