Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
.Mac outage; reliability issues persist
Several MacNN readers note a complete .Mac outage for about three hous last night [9/28] starting at 10 pm ET (confirmed by Apple's .Mac support page), while others note persistent reliability issues with the service (Apple's support forum is available only to paid users and it does not publicly detail the reliability and uptime for its services). [updated]
[report 1] ".Mac Webmail is continually down and users aren't able to find out about it until after they have paid their $100 (that is, .Mac Support is not available until you have paid your money, and that's where all the posts about the problems are). These people are DYING for a fix to the e-mail problems; some of them are relying on .Mac for their small businesses and they are unable to keep in touch with clients, etc. Many people have posted on the discussion boards and there has been, of course, no acknowledgment or response from Apple about if/when server problems etc. will be fixed."I think this is despicable behavior on Apple's part, especially after forcing people to fork out $50-$100 for a completely unreliable mail 'solution.'"
[reader 2] "As of 11:25am PT [9/29] there are still .Mac problems. The IMAP server appears to be down (it has been since last night) but Webmail works. There are also problems seeing .Mac hosted webpages. A few hours ago Apple put up an 'all services are working' note, but now they have something up about webpage access."
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 16 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Apple purging XcodeGhost-afflicted apps, Angry Birds 2 among infected - 12 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 11 replies
- Songwriter criticizes low royalty payments from streaming services - 11 replies
- Security flaw in iOS 9 discovered, could expose photos, contacts - 11 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies
- Follow-up: Sorkin apologizes for remarks against Cook - 9 replies