Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Goldberg 2.3: free QuickTime viewer/editor
Goldberg 2.3 is a QuickTime-based image viewer and editor that includes support for applying QuickTime and other effects. The new version adds more resampling algorithms to the Resize command (Nearest Neighbor, Bi-Linear, Bicubic Spline, Bicubic B-Spline and QuickTime 6 - Bicubic enhanced), offers JPEG 2000 support with QuickTime 6 (Mac OS X only), and makes other minor improvements. Goldberg is free for Mac OS X and Mac OS 8/9. [Classic, OSX]
Apple releases iSync public beta
Apple has released the beta version of iSync, its application for synchronizing address books, Bluetooth-enabled cell phones, calendars, PDAs, and the iPod. The free application is available exclusively for Mac OS 10.2.1, and expires on February 28th, 2003.
Seek 2.0 searches 7 engines from desktop
Macintosh software company Wingnut Development has updated Seek 2.0, its freeware web search utility for Mac OS X that brings the search results from one of seven different search engines to your desktop. Version 2.0 adds the ability to save your favorite search engine/category combo to be set automatically at launch among other improvements.
CalcPad X 1.0 evaluates math expressions
John McGruer has posted a "cool little math utilty" CalcPad X 1.0, as noted by a MacNN reader. The utility is described as a "word processor" and evaluator for mathematical expressions and features many scientific and trig functions, custom naming of variables, paper tape for history logging, and many number formatting options.
IPNetTunerX 1.1 optimizes network connections
Sustainable Softwork's IPNetTunerX 1.1 offers the ability to optimize your network performance under Mac OS X by tuning any of 20 different TCP/IP parameters, including the TCP Window Size, Time Out intervals, Maximum Segment Size, and MTU. Version 1.1 of the $30 utility adds parameters for IP firewall logging.
Apple KnowledgeBase has iSync info
Apple's Knowledge Base has the iSync beta notes available as well as dozens of other articles on the beta software, including the need to use a .Mac account to sync data between two Macs, although "it is possible to pair two Macintosh computers over Bluetooth and share files."
With high-definition televisions now the standard, 4K televisions becoming the next big thing, and plasma TVs going the way of the din ...Life n Soul 8 Driver Bluetooth headphones
When it comes to music on the go, consumers generally have some options to consider when looking for the best experience. While Blueto ...Pure Jongo T2 wireless speaker
Multi-room audio compatibility is a key metric for wireless sound systems these days. The entry cost into a house-spanning system can ...
10 Most Discussed
- Oregon Apple Store 'slur' incident being investigated - 31 replies
- US cybersecurity chief claims lack of experience not important to job - 16 replies
- T-Mobile announces plan to throttle those abusing 'unlimited' data - 11 replies
- Quicken 2015 for Mac brings new features, strips others - 10 replies
- Claim: Apple's iMessage accounts for 30 percent of all mobile spam - 8 replies
- Schematics suggest iPhone 6 may come in 16, 64, and 128GB models - 8 replies
- Apple releases second public OS X Yosemite beta, new iTunes 12 test - 8 replies
- USB governance group ratifies Type C connector, USB 3.1 specification - 7 replies
- Digital credit card replacement Coin calls for 10,000 more testers - 7 replies
- Rumor: iPhone 6 may support 150Mbps LTE-A - 7 replies