Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Goldberg 2.3: free QuickTime viewer/editor
Goldberg 2.3 is a QuickTime-based image viewer and editor that includes support for applying QuickTime and other effects. The new version adds more resampling algorithms to the Resize command (Nearest Neighbor, Bi-Linear, Bicubic Spline, Bicubic B-Spline and QuickTime 6 - Bicubic enhanced), offers JPEG 2000 support with QuickTime 6 (Mac OS X only), and makes other minor improvements. Goldberg is free for Mac OS X and Mac OS 8/9. [Classic, OSX]
Apple releases iSync public beta
Apple has released the beta version of iSync, its application for synchronizing address books, Bluetooth-enabled cell phones, calendars, PDAs, and the iPod. The free application is available exclusively for Mac OS 10.2.1, and expires on February 28th, 2003.
Seek 2.0 searches 7 engines from desktop
Macintosh software company Wingnut Development has updated Seek 2.0, its freeware web search utility for Mac OS X that brings the search results from one of seven different search engines to your desktop. Version 2.0 adds the ability to save your favorite search engine/category combo to be set automatically at launch among other improvements.
CalcPad X 1.0 evaluates math expressions
John McGruer has posted a "cool little math utilty" CalcPad X 1.0, as noted by a MacNN reader. The utility is described as a "word processor" and evaluator for mathematical expressions and features many scientific and trig functions, custom naming of variables, paper tape for history logging, and many number formatting options.
IPNetTunerX 1.1 optimizes network connections
Sustainable Softwork's IPNetTunerX 1.1 offers the ability to optimize your network performance under Mac OS X by tuning any of 20 different TCP/IP parameters, including the TCP Window Size, Time Out intervals, Maximum Segment Size, and MTU. Version 1.1 of the $30 utility adds parameters for IP firewall logging.
Apple KnowledgeBase has iSync info
Apple's Knowledge Base has the iSync beta notes available as well as dozens of other articles on the beta software, including the need to use a .Mac account to sync data between two Macs, although "it is possible to pair two Macintosh computers over Bluetooth and share files."
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies
- Yahoo shifting away from Google, Facebook login credentials - 8 replies
- SXSW Snowden speech calls for mass encryption, public NSA oversight - 8 replies