Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Goldberg 2.3: free QuickTime viewer/editor
Goldberg 2.3 is a QuickTime-based image viewer and editor that includes support for applying QuickTime and other effects. The new version adds more resampling algorithms to the Resize command (Nearest Neighbor, Bi-Linear, Bicubic Spline, Bicubic B-Spline and QuickTime 6 - Bicubic enhanced), offers JPEG 2000 support with QuickTime 6 (Mac OS X only), and makes other minor improvements. Goldberg is free for Mac OS X and Mac OS 8/9. [Classic, OSX]
Apple releases iSync public beta
Apple has released the beta version of iSync, its application for synchronizing address books, Bluetooth-enabled cell phones, calendars, PDAs, and the iPod. The free application is available exclusively for Mac OS 10.2.1, and expires on February 28th, 2003.
Seek 2.0 searches 7 engines from desktop
Macintosh software company Wingnut Development has updated Seek 2.0, its freeware web search utility for Mac OS X that brings the search results from one of seven different search engines to your desktop. Version 2.0 adds the ability to save your favorite search engine/category combo to be set automatically at launch among other improvements.
CalcPad X 1.0 evaluates math expressions
John McGruer has posted a "cool little math utilty" CalcPad X 1.0, as noted by a MacNN reader. The utility is described as a "word processor" and evaluator for mathematical expressions and features many scientific and trig functions, custom naming of variables, paper tape for history logging, and many number formatting options.
IPNetTunerX 1.1 optimizes network connections
Sustainable Softwork's IPNetTunerX 1.1 offers the ability to optimize your network performance under Mac OS X by tuning any of 20 different TCP/IP parameters, including the TCP Window Size, Time Out intervals, Maximum Segment Size, and MTU. Version 1.1 of the $30 utility adds parameters for IP firewall logging.
Apple KnowledgeBase has iSync info
Apple's Knowledge Base has the iSync beta notes available as well as dozens of other articles on the beta software, including the need to use a .Mac account to sync data between two Macs, although "it is possible to pair two Macintosh computers over Bluetooth and share files."
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...Snugg Robust Case for iPad Air
Snugg's Distressed Brown Leather Case was something of a pleasant surprise when I reviewed it last year. I didn't expect much at fi ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Adobe drags feet on notifying data theft victims, millions at risk - 9 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Nokia pokes Apple's iPad Air with derisive new ads for Lumia 2520 - 8 replies
- Politicians, tech giants promote 'Hour of Code' learning initiative - 7 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- Future USB connector to be reversible, support scalable charging - 5 replies