Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
IconIt 1.1.4 helps manage icons, folders
definingDesign's shareware ($10) IconIt 1.1.4, now updated for Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar, helps change and reassign icons to files and folders. It also adds a new "Remove Custom Icon" menu item and improves performance of building the icon menus. [OSX, Jaguar]
FileFreak 3.7: keyboard base app launcher
File Freak 3.7 adds long file name support to the $13 shareware utility for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X which allows you to quicklyfind files on your hard drive just by typing a few letters.
Emailchemy converts email to common format
Emailchemy 1.2.1 is a free upgrade to the utility that reads email files from the proprietary formats of the most popular email applications and converts them to standard formats that any application can use. It supports conversion from Emailer 1.x, Eudora, Netscape, Mozilla, PowerTalk, Outlook Express for Windows and Mac, Opera, Mulberry, and QuickMail Pro for Mac. Version 1.2.1 has an improved QuickMail Pro and OE 5 converter, support for Opera and Mulberry mail, and improved documentation.
Gimp-Print 4.22 adds more printer support
Gimp-Print 4.2.2-rc3, a utility that allows users to use a variety of printers using CUPs printing architecture in Jaguar, is now available as a standard Mac OS X installer package. The release includes an illustrated guide for setting up Gimp-Print printer drivers using the standard Mac OS X Print Center utility, including instructions for both direct-connected USB printers and network printing to inexpensive print servers over a TCP/IP network.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: The trouble with the Music app for iOS - 14 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies