Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
IconIt 1.1.4 helps manage icons, folders
definingDesign's shareware ($10) IconIt 1.1.4, now updated for Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar, helps change and reassign icons to files and folders. It also adds a new "Remove Custom Icon" menu item and improves performance of building the icon menus. [OSX, Jaguar]
FileFreak 3.7: keyboard base app launcher
File Freak 3.7 adds long file name support to the $13 shareware utility for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X which allows you to quicklyfind files on your hard drive just by typing a few letters.
Emailchemy converts email to common format
Emailchemy 1.2.1 is a free upgrade to the utility that reads email files from the proprietary formats of the most popular email applications and converts them to standard formats that any application can use. It supports conversion from Emailer 1.x, Eudora, Netscape, Mozilla, PowerTalk, Outlook Express for Windows and Mac, Opera, Mulberry, and QuickMail Pro for Mac. Version 1.2.1 has an improved QuickMail Pro and OE 5 converter, support for Opera and Mulberry mail, and improved documentation.
Gimp-Print 4.22 adds more printer support
Gimp-Print 4.2.2-rc3, a utility that allows users to use a variety of printers using CUPs printing architecture in Jaguar, is now available as a standard Mac OS X installer package. The release includes an illustrated guide for setting up Gimp-Print printer drivers using the standard Mac OS X Print Center utility, including instructions for both direct-connected USB printers and network printing to inexpensive print servers over a TCP/IP network.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 66 replies
- Opinion: four myths about the iPad Pro - 25 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Customer wins in lawsuit over data loss caused by Apple Store repair - 10 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Pointers: Join a Mac/iOS User Group! - 6 replies
- MacUpdate tests changes in face of challenging specialist market - 6 replies
- Gartner: Apple rises, Samsung drops in worldwide phone share - 6 replies