Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
IconIt 1.1.4 helps manage icons, folders
definingDesign's shareware ($10) IconIt 1.1.4, now updated for Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar, helps change and reassign icons to files and folders. It also adds a new "Remove Custom Icon" menu item and improves performance of building the icon menus. [OSX, Jaguar]
FileFreak 3.7: keyboard base app launcher
File Freak 3.7 adds long file name support to the $13 shareware utility for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X which allows you to quicklyfind files on your hard drive just by typing a few letters.
Emailchemy converts email to common format
Emailchemy 1.2.1 is a free upgrade to the utility that reads email files from the proprietary formats of the most popular email applications and converts them to standard formats that any application can use. It supports conversion from Emailer 1.x, Eudora, Netscape, Mozilla, PowerTalk, Outlook Express for Windows and Mac, Opera, Mulberry, and QuickMail Pro for Mac. Version 1.2.1 has an improved QuickMail Pro and OE 5 converter, support for Opera and Mulberry mail, and improved documentation.
Gimp-Print 4.22 adds more printer support
Gimp-Print 4.2.2-rc3, a utility that allows users to use a variety of printers using CUPs printing architecture in Jaguar, is now available as a standard Mac OS X installer package. The release includes an illustrated guide for setting up Gimp-Print printer drivers using the standard Mac OS X Print Center utility, including instructions for both direct-connected USB printers and network printing to inexpensive print servers over a TCP/IP network.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...Entry-level 27-inch Retina iMac
The 27-inch Apple iMac with 5K Retina display is already one of the best value-for-money Macs that Apple has ever released. It was som ...
10 Most Discussed
- Neil Young says he will pull music catalog from streaming services - 24 replies
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Editorial: whatever happened to 'It Just Works?' - 17 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Apple takes lid off 64-bit A8 iPod touch, now up to 128GB - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies