Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
PC case maker mimics G4 tower
A custom PC enclosure maker has released what it describes as a "clone" of Apple's Power Mac G4 'QuickSilver' case design. Despite many noticeable differences, the "McPC" sports graphite/gray plastics, similar to Apple's color choices for recent G4 towers. The case also borrows from the Power Mac design, with the implementation of a handle, for easy transportation, and a flip-down CD/DVD drive bay door for improved aesthetics. The McPC is not immediately available, but pricing from manufacturer Directron is forthcoming.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- New Foxconn robots too imprecise for Apple products, report claims - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 7 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies
- Apple, Amazon refuse to disclose federal diversity data - 6 replies