Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple.de Web domain taken
Apple Germany seemingly lost its Internet domain name (apple.de) to an independent party, Saturday. Although details of the situation have not been made public, many attribute the loss of the Web address to "domain squatting," a practice regarded by most as unethical, which involves the malicious registration of a domain -- following the original owner's registration expiry -- and the subsequent abandonment of the domain.
Cycling \'74 introduces Jitter
Cycling '74 has released Jitter 1.0, a set of video, matrix, and 3D graphics objects for the Max graphical programming environment. Jitter includes support for Apple's QuickTime architecture -- including the recording and playback of all file formats supported by QuickTime -- in addition to real-time QuickTime effects, video digitizing and QTVR. Availability is scheduled for August 2002; Jitter will sell for $400 ($850 bundled with Max and MSP).
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...Entry-level 27-inch Retina iMac
The 27-inch Apple iMac with 5K Retina display is already one of the best value-for-money Macs that Apple has ever released. It was som ...
10 Most Discussed
- Neil Young says he will pull music catalog from streaming services - 24 replies
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Editorial: whatever happened to 'It Just Works?' - 18 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Apple takes lid off 64-bit A8 iPod touch, now up to 128GB - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies