Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple.de Web domain taken
Apple Germany seemingly lost its Internet domain name (apple.de) to an independent party, Saturday. Although details of the situation have not been made public, many attribute the loss of the Web address to "domain squatting," a practice regarded by most as unethical, which involves the malicious registration of a domain -- following the original owner's registration expiry -- and the subsequent abandonment of the domain.
Cycling \'74 introduces Jitter
Cycling '74 has released Jitter 1.0, a set of video, matrix, and 3D graphics objects for the Max graphical programming environment. Jitter includes support for Apple's QuickTime architecture -- including the recording and playback of all file formats supported by QuickTime -- in addition to real-time QuickTime effects, video digitizing and QTVR. Availability is scheduled for August 2002; Jitter will sell for $400 ($850 bundled with Max and MSP).
Five years ago, we thought that by the end of 2013 there'd be a bigger market for e-book readers. Then, along came the tablet that Jo ...Sans Digital TowerRAID TR8M6G eSATA array
Regardless of what Cupertino would like us to believe with the new cylindrical Mac Pro, there are needs for vast amounts of hard-drive ...iHome Bluetooth iB75 Wireless Sports Earphone
Finding a good pair of headphones for a midnight jog is hard. An over the ear set is either flopping around on your head, falling off, ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple signals end of Snow Leopard support with Safari snub? - 19 replies
- European Parliament to vote on single smartphone charger law - 16 replies
- New Android ioPhone mimics Apple's iPhone 5c style - 15 replies
- Rumor: Microsoft to take on iPad mini with 1080p Surface mini - 13 replies
- New York City building out free Wi-Fi network in portions of Harlem - 10 replies
- Report: Apple's 64-bit A7 chip 'stunned' the chipmaking industry - 10 replies
- Apple debuts 90-second holiday TV ad, 'Misunderstood' - 10 replies
- Southwest Airlines offers $2 in-flight iMessages, Android coming - 7 replies
- Apple's Tim Cook accepts award at Auburn, pushes for equality - 7 replies
- Samsung attempts to silence YouTube complaint of Galaxy S4 fire, fails - 7 replies