Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple.de Web domain taken
Apple Germany seemingly lost its Internet domain name (apple.de) to an independent party, Saturday. Although details of the situation have not been made public, many attribute the loss of the Web address to "domain squatting," a practice regarded by most as unethical, which involves the malicious registration of a domain -- following the original owner's registration expiry -- and the subsequent abandonment of the domain.
Cycling \'74 introduces Jitter
Cycling '74 has released Jitter 1.0, a set of video, matrix, and 3D graphics objects for the Max graphical programming environment. Jitter includes support for Apple's QuickTime architecture -- including the recording and playback of all file formats supported by QuickTime -- in addition to real-time QuickTime effects, video digitizing and QTVR. Availability is scheduled for August 2002; Jitter will sell for $400 ($850 bundled with Max and MSP).
For all the different configurations of headphones on the market, it's always a tough choice for buyers to get something that is just ...Razer Taipan mouse
The list of gaming devices is growing larger with each passing day. A large number of companies have entered the gaming input arena, a ...Cambridge Audio DacMagic XS
Every computer with a microphone or headphone port has one -- a digital to analog converter (DAC). There are nearly as many chipsets a ...
10 Most Discussed
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- OS X Yosemite public beta now available - 23 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- Report: Apple bought back another $5 billion in stock in June quarter - 14 replies
- Sources call for Yosemite in late Oct., Retina MacBook, Mac with 4K - 11 replies
- Coalition of authors blames 'thuggish' Amazon for Hachette dispute - 10 replies
- Apple, IBM announce collaboration on big data, analytics apps [U] - 10 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies