Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
QiPo 1.5.8 generates previews from QT movies
VesperWorks has released QiPo 1.5.8, an update to its utility that generates previews from QuickTime movies that adds an option to use frame capture as the background of the preview image (instead of a solid color), and an option to add the Finder 'Get Info' comments to the HTML output file. [Classic, OSX]
WineBook 2.1: cellar management app
WineBook 2.1 is a $35 wine cellar management software for wine enthusiasts. You can manage your wines and your own wine-tasting notes. You can note sight, smell, taste and the quality of a wine. Manage the wine cellar, winery and supplier addresses. [Classic, OSX]
MSU college recommends Macs to students
The College of Communication Arts & Sciences at Michigan State University is recommending the purchase of a Mac computer for all incoming freshman in the "Creative and Design Disciplines" in the Department of Advertising, Department of Telecommunication, and School of Journalism.
DEVONtechnologies releases ServicePack 1
DEVONtechnologies has released ServicePack 1, which includes updates to its three freeware tools: AntiWordService 1.0.1, CalcService 2.7 and WordService 2.3.1. The latest version of WordService now features a French and WordService 2.3.1 an Italian localisation as well as improvements in the German and Danish localisations. CalcService 2.7 also comes with improved number formatting. AntiWordService 1.0.1 now "theoretically supports Word documents without the proper file name extension '.doc'. Due to a bug in Mac OS X up to version 10.1.5, this feature does not work yet, but but it will as soon as the system works according to Apple's documentation. [The utilty] enables all well-behaved Cocoa applications able to read plain text, for example TextEdit or DEVONthink Personal Edition, to open Microsoft Word documents."
MacMedia: new Apple Specialist in Peoria, AZ
MacMedia has finished construction of its new retail showroom in Peoria, AZ and will be opening this weekend. MacMedia is an apple authorized Sales and service center as well as an Apple specialist, offering basic troubleshooting, hardware sales, server management and data recovery.
Five years ago, we thought that by the end of 2013 there'd be a bigger market for e-book readers. Then, along came the tablet that Jo ...Sans Digital TowerRAID TR8M6G eSATA array
Regardless of what Cupertino would like us to believe with the new cylindrical Mac Pro, there are needs for vast amounts of hard-drive ...iHome Bluetooth iB75 Wireless Sports Earphone
Finding a good pair of headphones for a midnight jog is hard. An over the ear set is either flopping around on your head, falling off, ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple signals end of Snow Leopard support with Safari snub? - 19 replies
- European Parliament to vote on single smartphone charger law - 16 replies
- New Android ioPhone mimics Apple's iPhone 5c style - 15 replies
- Rumor: Microsoft to take on iPad mini with 1080p Surface mini - 13 replies
- Report: Apple's 64-bit A7 chip 'stunned' the chipmaking industry - 10 replies
- New York City building out free Wi-Fi network in portions of Harlem - 10 replies
- Apple debuts 90-second holiday TV ad, 'Misunderstood' - 10 replies
- Southwest Airlines offers $2 in-flight iMessages, Android coming - 7 replies
- Samsung attempts to silence YouTube complaint of Galaxy S4 fire, fails - 7 replies
- Apple's Tim Cook accepts award at Auburn, pushes for equality - 7 replies