Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
QiPo 1.5.8 generates previews from QT movies
VesperWorks has released QiPo 1.5.8, an update to its utility that generates previews from QuickTime movies that adds an option to use frame capture as the background of the preview image (instead of a solid color), and an option to add the Finder 'Get Info' comments to the HTML output file. [Classic, OSX]
WineBook 2.1: cellar management app
WineBook 2.1 is a $35 wine cellar management software for wine enthusiasts. You can manage your wines and your own wine-tasting notes. You can note sight, smell, taste and the quality of a wine. Manage the wine cellar, winery and supplier addresses. [Classic, OSX]
MSU college recommends Macs to students
The College of Communication Arts & Sciences at Michigan State University is recommending the purchase of a Mac computer for all incoming freshman in the "Creative and Design Disciplines" in the Department of Advertising, Department of Telecommunication, and School of Journalism.
DEVONtechnologies releases ServicePack 1
DEVONtechnologies has released ServicePack 1, which includes updates to its three freeware tools: AntiWordService 1.0.1, CalcService 2.7 and WordService 2.3.1. The latest version of WordService now features a French and WordService 2.3.1 an Italian localisation as well as improvements in the German and Danish localisations. CalcService 2.7 also comes with improved number formatting. AntiWordService 1.0.1 now "theoretically supports Word documents without the proper file name extension '.doc'. Due to a bug in Mac OS X up to version 10.1.5, this feature does not work yet, but but it will as soon as the system works according to Apple's documentation. [The utilty] enables all well-behaved Cocoa applications able to read plain text, for example TextEdit or DEVONthink Personal Edition, to open Microsoft Word documents."
MacMedia: new Apple Specialist in Peoria, AZ
MacMedia has finished construction of its new retail showroom in Peoria, AZ and will be opening this weekend. MacMedia is an apple authorized Sales and service center as well as an Apple specialist, offering basic troubleshooting, hardware sales, server management and data recovery.
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Netflix forges agreement with Comcast to end video speed throttling - 14 replies
- Opinion: How will Apple maintain usability on a larger iPhone? - 14 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Report: Mac users 4x more 'engaged' than Windows users - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies