Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Kensington MouseWorks 2.0 drivers available
Kensington has released MouseWorks 2.0 for OS X, a final version of its driver software for its USB and ADB mice and trackballs (except one-button mice, Turbo Mouse 1.0-4.0, Orbit 3D, and ValuMouse products). A FAQ explains that company is still working on adding features to its driver software, as it has had to rebuild the software from scratch: "We currently are working on adding new features to a forthcoming version of MouseWorks for OS X. Paste Text, the pop-up Application Menu, and Fine Acceleration Control are among the most frequently requested features."
Timbuktu for Education due next at NECC
Next week at the National Educational Computing Conference (NECC), Netopia will debut Timbuktu for the Education Market, a new version of its Timbuktu software specially designed for the classroom. It offers remote control functionality to allow teachers and students to share screens, display work, transfer project files, and communicate instantly in both classroom and lab settings. (We previously noted that Apple will also be exhibiting at NECC.)
shadowIP: freeware IP monitoring util
shadowIP 1.1 is an update to the freeware multiple IP monitoring utility, adding a new single line mode, a 'Float Above All' option, automatic update at application launchtime and the ability to set mouse event acceptance on or off.
Apple Store coming to Milwaukee, WI mall
Apple is expected to bring an Apple Store retail outlet to the Wauwatosa-Mayfair Mall in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Several job listings for the prospective location have been posted by the company. Positions include store manager, sales associate, Mac Genius and assistant manager. Detailed job listings can be found on Apple's retail jobs Web site. A MacNN reader reports that the Wauwatosa-Mayfair Mall has in place temporary wall blocking the storefront, which neighbours Victoria's Secret.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- New Foxconn robots too imprecise for Apple products, report claims - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 7 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies