Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Kensington MouseWorks 2.0 drivers available
Kensington has released MouseWorks 2.0 for OS X, a final version of its driver software for its USB and ADB mice and trackballs (except one-button mice, Turbo Mouse 1.0-4.0, Orbit 3D, and ValuMouse products). A FAQ explains that company is still working on adding features to its driver software, as it has had to rebuild the software from scratch: "We currently are working on adding new features to a forthcoming version of MouseWorks for OS X. Paste Text, the pop-up Application Menu, and Fine Acceleration Control are among the most frequently requested features."
Timbuktu for Education due next at NECC
Next week at the National Educational Computing Conference (NECC), Netopia will debut Timbuktu for the Education Market, a new version of its Timbuktu software specially designed for the classroom. It offers remote control functionality to allow teachers and students to share screens, display work, transfer project files, and communicate instantly in both classroom and lab settings. (We previously noted that Apple will also be exhibiting at NECC.)
shadowIP: freeware IP monitoring util
shadowIP 1.1 is an update to the freeware multiple IP monitoring utility, adding a new single line mode, a 'Float Above All' option, automatic update at application launchtime and the ability to set mouse event acceptance on or off.
Apple Store coming to Milwaukee, WI mall
Apple is expected to bring an Apple Store retail outlet to the Wauwatosa-Mayfair Mall in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Several job listings for the prospective location have been posted by the company. Positions include store manager, sales associate, Mac Genius and assistant manager. Detailed job listings can be found on Apple's retail jobs Web site. A MacNN reader reports that the Wauwatosa-Mayfair Mall has in place temporary wall blocking the storefront, which neighbours Victoria's Secret.
Before we get rolling, I'll confess: I've never understood the purpose of cases like the Booqpad. If you've got a tablet, surely p ...Linksys EA6900 AC Router
As 802.11ac networking begins to makes its way into more and more devices, you may find yourself considering an upgrade for your home ...D-Link DIR-510L 802.11AC travel router
Having Internet access in hotels and other similar locations used to be a miasma of connectivity issues. If Wi-Fi was available, it wa ...
10 Most Discussed
- Eich's Mozilla departure induces bilateral criticism, Firefox bans - 40 replies
- Samsung seized on death of Steve Jobs to launch anti-Apple ads - 15 replies
- Apple considers 'dramatic' revamping of iTunes Music Store - 14 replies
- Email from Jobs in 2010 lays out future vision - 13 replies
- Mayer: Yahoo should be Apple's default search engine - 11 replies
- Critical OpenSSL 'HeartBleed' bug uncovered, affects HTTPS encryption - 11 replies
- Apple opens first store in Turkey to hoopla, press, long lineups - 9 replies
- Rumor: Apple considering entry into high-definition music? [u] - 9 replies
- Campaign calls for ouster of Condoleezza Rice from Dropbox board - 8 replies
- Core iOS creator said to be leaving Apple after row with Jonathan Ive - 8 replies