Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Kensington MouseWorks 2.0 drivers available
Kensington has released MouseWorks 2.0 for OS X, a final version of its driver software for its USB and ADB mice and trackballs (except one-button mice, Turbo Mouse 1.0-4.0, Orbit 3D, and ValuMouse products). A FAQ explains that company is still working on adding features to its driver software, as it has had to rebuild the software from scratch: "We currently are working on adding new features to a forthcoming version of MouseWorks for OS X. Paste Text, the pop-up Application Menu, and Fine Acceleration Control are among the most frequently requested features."
Timbuktu for Education due next at NECC
Next week at the National Educational Computing Conference (NECC), Netopia will debut Timbuktu for the Education Market, a new version of its Timbuktu software specially designed for the classroom. It offers remote control functionality to allow teachers and students to share screens, display work, transfer project files, and communicate instantly in both classroom and lab settings. (We previously noted that Apple will also be exhibiting at NECC.)
shadowIP: freeware IP monitoring util
shadowIP 1.1 is an update to the freeware multiple IP monitoring utility, adding a new single line mode, a 'Float Above All' option, automatic update at application launchtime and the ability to set mouse event acceptance on or off.
Apple Store coming to Milwaukee, WI mall
Apple is expected to bring an Apple Store retail outlet to the Wauwatosa-Mayfair Mall in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Several job listings for the prospective location have been posted by the company. Positions include store manager, sales associate, Mac Genius and assistant manager. Detailed job listings can be found on Apple's retail jobs Web site. A MacNN reader reports that the Wauwatosa-Mayfair Mall has in place temporary wall blocking the storefront, which neighbours Victoria's Secret.
Although the new darling of the Apple MacBook line up is the all-new MacBook, Apple has given its popular 13-inch MacBook Pro with Ret ...Griffin Twenty
A few years ago Griffin launched the original Twenty, a small digital amp that used an AirPort Express to turn any set of passive spea ...Seagate Wireless
It seems like no matter how much internal storage is included today's mobile devices, we, as users, will always find a way to fill th ...
10 Most Discussed
- Hands On: Photos 1.0 (OS X) - 34 replies
- Apple patches root escalation in Yosemite, older may not see patch - 18 replies
- First Look: All-new 12-inch Apple MacBook - 18 replies
- Apple releases OS X 10.10.3, Photos for Mac, iOS 8.3 - 17 replies
- Backup Utility Smackdown (OS X) - 16 replies
- Apple updates iTunes, declares 2009 MacBook Pros obsolete - 13 replies
- Apple Watch: Pre-orders live, delays, Apple Care+ prices revealed [U] - 11 replies
- Google ARC Welder allows Android apps to run in Chrome browser - 10 replies
- Pointers: don't forward your OS X Mail, redirect it - 8 replies
- Living With and Without: Time Machine - 7 replies