Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Kensington MouseWorks 2.0 drivers available
Kensington has released MouseWorks 2.0 for OS X, a final version of its driver software for its USB and ADB mice and trackballs (except one-button mice, Turbo Mouse 1.0-4.0, Orbit 3D, and ValuMouse products). A FAQ explains that company is still working on adding features to its driver software, as it has had to rebuild the software from scratch: "We currently are working on adding new features to a forthcoming version of MouseWorks for OS X. Paste Text, the pop-up Application Menu, and Fine Acceleration Control are among the most frequently requested features."
Timbuktu for Education due next at NECC
Next week at the National Educational Computing Conference (NECC), Netopia will debut Timbuktu for the Education Market, a new version of its Timbuktu software specially designed for the classroom. It offers remote control functionality to allow teachers and students to share screens, display work, transfer project files, and communicate instantly in both classroom and lab settings. (We previously noted that Apple will also be exhibiting at NECC.)
shadowIP: freeware IP monitoring util
shadowIP 1.1 is an update to the freeware multiple IP monitoring utility, adding a new single line mode, a 'Float Above All' option, automatic update at application launchtime and the ability to set mouse event acceptance on or off.
Apple Store coming to Milwaukee, WI mall
Apple is expected to bring an Apple Store retail outlet to the Wauwatosa-Mayfair Mall in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Several job listings for the prospective location have been posted by the company. Positions include store manager, sales associate, Mac Genius and assistant manager. Detailed job listings can be found on Apple's retail jobs Web site. A MacNN reader reports that the Wauwatosa-Mayfair Mall has in place temporary wall blocking the storefront, which neighbours Victoria's Secret.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- Feature: Five reasons to skip El Capitan for now - 31 replies
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 20 replies
- Opinion: OS X El Capitan -- Upgrade or Not? - 17 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 12 replies
- Songwriter criticizes low royalty payments from streaming services - 11 replies
- Security flaw in iOS 9 discovered, could expose photos, contacts - 11 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies