Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Freeware audio editor: Audacity 1.0
Audacity 1.0 is final version of the free audio editor that runs natively on Mac OS 9 and OS X, as well as Windows and Linux. It features recording, mixing, and fast editing with unlimited undo and requires the LAME MP3 Encoder Library to create MP3 files . Version 1.0 fixes several bugs and adds more complete support for OS X. A preview version of Audacity 1.1pr is also available. [Classic, Carbon]
HTML Creator adds OS X support, features
New digital image broswer: Picturesque 1.0
Suite Music has released a new digital image browser: Picturesque 1.0 displays photographs with customizable heirarchical organization. The $15 shareware also also supports rotation, renaming, and printing.
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...Epson WorkForce DS-40 scanner
In this day and age, there's a significant amount of pressure to go paperless, and downsize the amount of things that one collects ov ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple CEO Tim Cook meets with Utah Senator Orrin Hatch - 10 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- New Foxconn robots too imprecise for Apple products, report claims - 8 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 7 replies
- New iOS 8.1.2 release solves problems with missing ringtones - 6 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies