Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
MacAmp Lite X 1.1: MP3 audio utility updated
Subband has released MacAmp Lite X 1.1, a free update to the $12 MP3 audio utility. It adds automagic CD loading, new analyzer plugins (VU meters, and Menu Bar meters), adjustable net and disk caches, AIFF copy functions, improved streaming, and unicode ID3 support. The $10 Plugins Power Pack also has been updated to include: an updated Broadcast plugin, a new Voiceover plugin for DJing an internet stream, and a new Monomizer plugin to downmix stereo signals to mono.
Picture Play creates photo compositions
Crescendo Software's Picture Play 1.6 combines digital photos, scanned images, or any other graphics to create photo compositions with editable text content, backgrounds, and other effects including translucency, transparency, rotation and more. The free upgrade to the $15 shareware has a new file format, transparency support for all colors, unlimited undo/redo, and other enhancements.
Cacophony 1.0: sound editor for OS X
Cacophony 1.0 is a new sound editor built for OS X. It has read and write support for over twenty different file formats, as well as support for multi track editing and up to eight channels of audio.
Apple updates WebObjects 5.1.3
Apple has posted WebOjects 5.1.3 for its Web application and development server. The update, available for both Developer and Deployment versions, provides updated versions of several WebObjects class and jar files: "Some WebObjects project types make copies of these files when the project is built. As a result, some projects may need to be rebuilt to take advantage of the issues addressed in the update." It also includes modified WebObjects client-side Java classes and jars. [Deployment, Developer]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 60 replies
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 23 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Gartner: Apple rises, Samsung drops in worldwide phone share - 6 replies
- Pointers: Join a Mac/iOS User Group! - 6 replies