Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
MacAmp Lite X 1.1: MP3 audio utility updated
Subband has released MacAmp Lite X 1.1, a free update to the $12 MP3 audio utility. It adds automagic CD loading, new analyzer plugins (VU meters, and Menu Bar meters), adjustable net and disk caches, AIFF copy functions, improved streaming, and unicode ID3 support. The $10 Plugins Power Pack also has been updated to include: an updated Broadcast plugin, a new Voiceover plugin for DJing an internet stream, and a new Monomizer plugin to downmix stereo signals to mono.
Picture Play creates photo compositions
Crescendo Software's Picture Play 1.6 combines digital photos, scanned images, or any other graphics to create photo compositions with editable text content, backgrounds, and other effects including translucency, transparency, rotation and more. The free upgrade to the $15 shareware has a new file format, transparency support for all colors, unlimited undo/redo, and other enhancements.
Cacophony 1.0: sound editor for OS X
Cacophony 1.0 is a new sound editor built for OS X. It has read and write support for over twenty different file formats, as well as support for multi track editing and up to eight channels of audio.
Apple updates WebObjects 5.1.3
Apple has posted WebOjects 5.1.3 for its Web application and development server. The update, available for both Developer and Deployment versions, provides updated versions of several WebObjects class and jar files: "Some WebObjects project types make copies of these files when the project is built. As a result, some projects may need to be rebuilt to take advantage of the issues addressed in the update." It also includes modified WebObjects client-side Java classes and jars. [Deployment, Developer]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 42 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- T-Mobile cracking down on extreme bandwidth users of its LTE network - 10 replies
- Google advises developers on how to weaken iOS 9 app security - 10 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 9 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Hands On: Tile Bluetooth Object Tracker - 6 replies