Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
MacAmp Lite X 1.1: MP3 audio utility updated
Subband has released MacAmp Lite X 1.1, a free update to the $12 MP3 audio utility. It adds automagic CD loading, new analyzer plugins (VU meters, and Menu Bar meters), adjustable net and disk caches, AIFF copy functions, improved streaming, and unicode ID3 support. The $10 Plugins Power Pack also has been updated to include: an updated Broadcast plugin, a new Voiceover plugin for DJing an internet stream, and a new Monomizer plugin to downmix stereo signals to mono.
Picture Play creates photo compositions
Crescendo Software's Picture Play 1.6 combines digital photos, scanned images, or any other graphics to create photo compositions with editable text content, backgrounds, and other effects including translucency, transparency, rotation and more. The free upgrade to the $15 shareware has a new file format, transparency support for all colors, unlimited undo/redo, and other enhancements.
Cacophony 1.0: sound editor for OS X
Cacophony 1.0 is a new sound editor built for OS X. It has read and write support for over twenty different file formats, as well as support for multi track editing and up to eight channels of audio.
Apple updates WebObjects 5.1.3
Apple has posted WebOjects 5.1.3 for its Web application and development server. The update, available for both Developer and Deployment versions, provides updated versions of several WebObjects class and jar files: "Some WebObjects project types make copies of these files when the project is built. As a result, some projects may need to be rebuilt to take advantage of the issues addressed in the update." It also includes modified WebObjects client-side Java classes and jars. [Deployment, Developer]
When it comes to selecting a printer, it's not exactly something most people put a lot of thought into. Printers are often touted as ...Moshi iVisor AG and XT for iPad Air 2
Have you ever tried to put in a screen protector that relies on static to cling to the screen? How many bubbles and wrinkles does it h ...OmniPlan (OS X, iOS)
We reviewed the Omni Group's most famous Mac software, a To Do app called OmniFocus, back in June 2014, and we were impressed. Some o ...
10 Most Discussed
- FCC approves net neutrality, Title II proposal in 3-2 vote - 31 replies
- Opponents, supporters of FCC Net Neutrality, Title II vote speak out - 14 replies
- Apple on the hook for $533M lawsuit payout over in-app purchase tech - 12 replies
- First US magazine appearance of Apple Watch debuts - 11 replies
- Apple Watch: plethora of details leak as public debut nears - 10 replies
- New Jersey man hospitalized by exploded iPhone 5c battery - 10 replies
- Samsung Pay electronic payment system deployed in Galaxy S6, S6 edge - 8 replies
- Apple launches video repair program for 2011-2013 MacBook Pros - 8 replies
- Editorial: iCar or Apple moonshot? - 8 replies
- FCC net neutrality vote today, last minute changes made to proposal - 7 replies