Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
MacAmp Lite X 1.1: MP3 audio utility updated
Subband has released MacAmp Lite X 1.1, a free update to the $12 MP3 audio utility. It adds automagic CD loading, new analyzer plugins (VU meters, and Menu Bar meters), adjustable net and disk caches, AIFF copy functions, improved streaming, and unicode ID3 support. The $10 Plugins Power Pack also has been updated to include: an updated Broadcast plugin, a new Voiceover plugin for DJing an internet stream, and a new Monomizer plugin to downmix stereo signals to mono.
Picture Play creates photo compositions
Crescendo Software's Picture Play 1.6 combines digital photos, scanned images, or any other graphics to create photo compositions with editable text content, backgrounds, and other effects including translucency, transparency, rotation and more. The free upgrade to the $15 shareware has a new file format, transparency support for all colors, unlimited undo/redo, and other enhancements.
Cacophony 1.0: sound editor for OS X
Cacophony 1.0 is a new sound editor built for OS X. It has read and write support for over twenty different file formats, as well as support for multi track editing and up to eight channels of audio.
Apple updates WebObjects 5.1.3
Apple has posted WebOjects 5.1.3 for its Web application and development server. The update, available for both Developer and Deployment versions, provides updated versions of several WebObjects class and jar files: "Some WebObjects project types make copies of these files when the project is built. As a result, some projects may need to be rebuilt to take advantage of the issues addressed in the update." It also includes modified WebObjects client-side Java classes and jars. [Deployment, Developer]
Since May of this year, Autodesk has been shipping the highly anticipated update to its high-end post-production video editing suite, ...Crucial MX100 256GB SATA-3 SSD
While the price-per-gigabyte ratio for magnetic platter-based hard drives can't be beat, the speed that a SSD brings to the table for ...Narrative Clip
With the advent of social media technology, people have been searching for new ways to share the events of their daily lives -- be it ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Is the Apple Watch a hit or a miss? - 24 replies
- Free iTunes U2 album now up to 'record-breaking' 33 million in 'sales' - 20 replies
- National Federation of the Blind sues Uber over refused rides, abuses - 14 replies
- Apple Watch debuts in three editions - 13 replies
- Apple event stream marred by serious technical problems - 12 replies
- Wozniak on the iPhone 6: 'I've gotten rid of my Android phones' - 12 replies
- Apple announces 4.7-, 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models - 12 replies
- Best Buy, Walmart decline to support Apple Pay - 11 replies
- Shareholder files suit against Cook, executives over e-book collusion - 10 replies
- Apple cagey about Watch battery life, working on improvements - 10 replies