Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple \'leads PC industry in innovation\'
Analyst David Bailey of Gerard Klauer Mattison says that "Apple continues to lead the PC industry in innovation, in our opinion. The company completely revamped its portable product line in 2001, and we expect Apple to make significant enhancements to its desktop offerings in 2002."
SkyTag updates FileBuddy 7.1 utility
SkyTag's FileBuddy 7.1, an update to the popular $50 file/folder editing utility for both Classic and OS X, enables a creator pop-up menu under, new (customizable) global hotkeys, and other enhancements under OS X as well as several bug fixes. It also adds the ability to create custom icons for graphics files, and displays the owner/group in the file/folder info windows. Upgrades from FileBuddy 5/6 are $20.
Smith Micro posts FAXstf X 10.04 update
Smith Micro has posted FAXstf X 10.04, fixing several bugs and improving features in its OS X-compatible fax application. It includes better call termination features, better modem port compatibility, improved time/date stamp display, and other enhancements.
MRJ Plugin 1.0 offers Java support in browser
A final version of MRJ Plugin 1.0 offers Java support in Netscape 6 and Mozilla browsers. The Carbon plugin, which only works under OS X, fixes a problem with mouse click consumption, and will be the version of the plugin shipped in upcoming releases of Mozilla browsers for Mac OS X.
Sonnet lowers prices, intros new OS X bundle
Sonnet today lowered its prices by as much as $100 on many of its desktop and PowerBook upgrades as well as introduced a new upgrade bundle for 7x00/8x00/9x00 series PowerMacs.
Sometimes, people need to scan things, but having a computer at hand to do so isn't exactly feasible. Maybe it's the home of a relat ...Dell AD211 Bluetooth speaker
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 14 replies
- FCC petitioned by hotels to allow disrupting guest-created hotspots - 12 replies
- Obama wants stronger cyber-security laws in 2015 - 12 replies
- Editorial: Seeing Sony's 'The Interview' is hardly patriotic - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- Obama: Sony hack not act of war; Anonymous promises attacks on NK - 7 replies
- Amazon lays claim to 10 million new Prime members over holiday - 6 replies
- Apple to charge VAT per-country at European App Stores - 6 replies
- Apple rejects conclusions of BBC expose showing supply chain abuses - 6 replies