Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple \'leads PC industry in innovation\'
Analyst David Bailey of Gerard Klauer Mattison says that "Apple continues to lead the PC industry in innovation, in our opinion. The company completely revamped its portable product line in 2001, and we expect Apple to make significant enhancements to its desktop offerings in 2002."
SkyTag updates FileBuddy 7.1 utility
SkyTag's FileBuddy 7.1, an update to the popular $50 file/folder editing utility for both Classic and OS X, enables a creator pop-up menu under, new (customizable) global hotkeys, and other enhancements under OS X as well as several bug fixes. It also adds the ability to create custom icons for graphics files, and displays the owner/group in the file/folder info windows. Upgrades from FileBuddy 5/6 are $20.
Smith Micro posts FAXstf X 10.04 update
Smith Micro has posted FAXstf X 10.04, fixing several bugs and improving features in its OS X-compatible fax application. It includes better call termination features, better modem port compatibility, improved time/date stamp display, and other enhancements.
MRJ Plugin 1.0 offers Java support in browser
A final version of MRJ Plugin 1.0 offers Java support in Netscape 6 and Mozilla browsers. The Carbon plugin, which only works under OS X, fixes a problem with mouse click consumption, and will be the version of the plugin shipped in upcoming releases of Mozilla browsers for Mac OS X.
Sonnet lowers prices, intros new OS X bundle
Sonnet today lowered its prices by as much as $100 on many of its desktop and PowerBook upgrades as well as introduced a new upgrade bundle for 7x00/8x00/9x00 series PowerMacs.
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Opinion: How will Apple maintain usability on a larger iPhone? - 14 replies
- Netflix forges agreement with Comcast to end video speed throttling - 14 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies