Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple \'leads PC industry in innovation\'
Analyst David Bailey of Gerard Klauer Mattison says that "Apple continues to lead the PC industry in innovation, in our opinion. The company completely revamped its portable product line in 2001, and we expect Apple to make significant enhancements to its desktop offerings in 2002."
SkyTag updates FileBuddy 7.1 utility
SkyTag's FileBuddy 7.1, an update to the popular $50 file/folder editing utility for both Classic and OS X, enables a creator pop-up menu under, new (customizable) global hotkeys, and other enhancements under OS X as well as several bug fixes. It also adds the ability to create custom icons for graphics files, and displays the owner/group in the file/folder info windows. Upgrades from FileBuddy 5/6 are $20.
Smith Micro posts FAXstf X 10.04 update
Smith Micro has posted FAXstf X 10.04, fixing several bugs and improving features in its OS X-compatible fax application. It includes better call termination features, better modem port compatibility, improved time/date stamp display, and other enhancements.
MRJ Plugin 1.0 offers Java support in browser
A final version of MRJ Plugin 1.0 offers Java support in Netscape 6 and Mozilla browsers. The Carbon plugin, which only works under OS X, fixes a problem with mouse click consumption, and will be the version of the plugin shipped in upcoming releases of Mozilla browsers for Mac OS X.
Sonnet lowers prices, intros new OS X bundle
Sonnet today lowered its prices by as much as $100 on many of its desktop and PowerBook upgrades as well as introduced a new upgrade bundle for 7x00/8x00/9x00 series PowerMacs.
Since May of this year, Autodesk has been shipping the highly anticipated update to its high-end post-production video editing suite, ...Crucial MX100 256GB SATA-3 SSD
While the price-per-gigabyte ratio for magnetic platter-based hard drives can't be beat, the speed that a SSD brings to the table for ...Narrative Clip
With the advent of social media technology, people have been searching for new ways to share the events of their daily lives -- be it ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Is the Apple Watch a hit or a miss? - 24 replies
- Free iTunes U2 album now up to 'record-breaking' 33 million in 'sales' - 20 replies
- National Federation of the Blind sues Uber over refused rides, abuses - 14 replies
- Apple Watch debuts in three editions - 13 replies
- Apple event stream marred by serious technical problems - 12 replies
- Apple announces 4.7-, 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models - 12 replies
- Wozniak on the iPhone 6: 'I've gotten rid of my Android phones' - 12 replies
- Best Buy, Walmart decline to support Apple Pay - 11 replies
- Opinion: Why a larger iPad makes sense - 10 replies
- Shareholder files suit against Cook, executives over e-book collusion - 10 replies