Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple \'leads PC industry in innovation\'
Analyst David Bailey of Gerard Klauer Mattison says that "Apple continues to lead the PC industry in innovation, in our opinion. The company completely revamped its portable product line in 2001, and we expect Apple to make significant enhancements to its desktop offerings in 2002."
SkyTag updates FileBuddy 7.1 utility
SkyTag's FileBuddy 7.1, an update to the popular $50 file/folder editing utility for both Classic and OS X, enables a creator pop-up menu under, new (customizable) global hotkeys, and other enhancements under OS X as well as several bug fixes. It also adds the ability to create custom icons for graphics files, and displays the owner/group in the file/folder info windows. Upgrades from FileBuddy 5/6 are $20.
Smith Micro posts FAXstf X 10.04 update
Smith Micro has posted FAXstf X 10.04, fixing several bugs and improving features in its OS X-compatible fax application. It includes better call termination features, better modem port compatibility, improved time/date stamp display, and other enhancements.
MRJ Plugin 1.0 offers Java support in browser
A final version of MRJ Plugin 1.0 offers Java support in Netscape 6 and Mozilla browsers. The Carbon plugin, which only works under OS X, fixes a problem with mouse click consumption, and will be the version of the plugin shipped in upcoming releases of Mozilla browsers for Mac OS X.
Sonnet lowers prices, intros new OS X bundle
Sonnet today lowered its prices by as much as $100 on many of its desktop and PowerBook upgrades as well as introduced a new upgrade bundle for 7x00/8x00/9x00 series PowerMacs.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: The trouble with the Music app for iOS - 16 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies