Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Reader: iPod out-of-warranty repairs
A MacNN reader followed-up on yesterday's iPod failure notes: "Apple Retail stores have been authorized to perform out of warranty repairs for free on iPods. This has not been publically announced, but when I brought my iPod in for a repair one of the 'Geniuses' told me that it was free of charge and told me about this free repairs." [unconfirmed]
AppleCare to reduce pricing on parts
AppleCare is expected to introduce lower pricing on select out-of-warranty parts: "In an ongoing effort to meet the unique needs of Apple Service Providers, AppleCare will soon introduce new competitive pricing on select out-of-warranty parts. This new pricing will include modules in the hard drive, logic board, card and memory groups." The official announcement is expected later this month.
Apple launches new Power Mac G4 rebates
Apple is offering up to $300 off a purchase of Power Mac G4 through July 7th in its "Powerful offer." The promo offers $200 mail-in rebate on a 800MHz Power Mac, and $300 rebate on either a 933MHz or a dual 1-GHz Power Mac. The offer is good at retail Apple store or at the Apple Store online.
Apple Store Atlanta photos posted
Scott Genevish has posted photos of the Atlanta Apple Store opening this morning: "It was quite packed. I saw a lot of purchases in the 20 minutes I was there." Grace Simms has also posted pictures from the grand opening.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 17 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Apple purging XcodeGhost-afflicted apps, Angry Birds 2 among infected - 12 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 12 replies
- Songwriter criticizes low royalty payments from streaming services - 11 replies
- Security flaw in iOS 9 discovered, could expose photos, contacts - 11 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies
- Follow-up: Sorkin apologizes for remarks against Cook - 9 replies