Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Reader: iPod out-of-warranty repairs
A MacNN reader followed-up on yesterday's iPod failure notes: "Apple Retail stores have been authorized to perform out of warranty repairs for free on iPods. This has not been publically announced, but when I brought my iPod in for a repair one of the 'Geniuses' told me that it was free of charge and told me about this free repairs." [unconfirmed]
AppleCare to reduce pricing on parts
AppleCare is expected to introduce lower pricing on select out-of-warranty parts: "In an ongoing effort to meet the unique needs of Apple Service Providers, AppleCare will soon introduce new competitive pricing on select out-of-warranty parts. This new pricing will include modules in the hard drive, logic board, card and memory groups." The official announcement is expected later this month.
Apple launches new Power Mac G4 rebates
Apple is offering up to $300 off a purchase of Power Mac G4 through July 7th in its "Powerful offer." The promo offers $200 mail-in rebate on a 800MHz Power Mac, and $300 rebate on either a 933MHz or a dual 1-GHz Power Mac. The offer is good at retail Apple store or at the Apple Store online.
Apple Store Atlanta photos posted
Scott Genevish has posted photos of the Atlanta Apple Store opening this morning: "It was quite packed. I saw a lot of purchases in the 20 minutes I was there." Grace Simms has also posted pictures from the grand opening.
USB memory sticks are getting larger by the day, their growth speeding along with the availability and expansion of memory chips. But ...Autodesk Smoke 2015
Since May of this year, Autodesk has been shipping the highly anticipated update to its high-end post-production video editing suite, ...Crucial MX100 256GB SATA-3 SSD
While the price-per-gigabyte ratio for magnetic platter-based hard drives can't be beat, the speed that a SSD brings to the table for ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Is the Apple Watch a hit or a miss? - 24 replies
- Free iTunes U2 album now up to 'record-breaking' 33 million in 'sales' - 20 replies
- National Federation of the Blind sues Uber over refused rides, abuses - 14 replies
- Apple Watch debuts in three editions - 13 replies
- Apple announces 4.7-, 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models - 13 replies
- Wozniak on the iPhone 6: 'I've gotten rid of my Android phones' - 12 replies
- Apple event stream marred by serious technical problems - 12 replies
- Best Buy, Walmart decline to support Apple Pay - 11 replies
- Apple cagey about Watch battery life, working on improvements - 10 replies
- Shareholder files suit against Cook, executives over e-book collusion - 10 replies