Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Reader: iPod out-of-warranty repairs
A MacNN reader followed-up on yesterday's iPod failure notes: "Apple Retail stores have been authorized to perform out of warranty repairs for free on iPods. This has not been publically announced, but when I brought my iPod in for a repair one of the 'Geniuses' told me that it was free of charge and told me about this free repairs." [unconfirmed]
AppleCare to reduce pricing on parts
AppleCare is expected to introduce lower pricing on select out-of-warranty parts: "In an ongoing effort to meet the unique needs of Apple Service Providers, AppleCare will soon introduce new competitive pricing on select out-of-warranty parts. This new pricing will include modules in the hard drive, logic board, card and memory groups." The official announcement is expected later this month.
Apple launches new Power Mac G4 rebates
Apple is offering up to $300 off a purchase of Power Mac G4 through July 7th in its "Powerful offer." The promo offers $200 mail-in rebate on a 800MHz Power Mac, and $300 rebate on either a 933MHz or a dual 1-GHz Power Mac. The offer is good at retail Apple store or at the Apple Store online.
Apple Store Atlanta photos posted
Scott Genevish has posted photos of the Atlanta Apple Store opening this morning: "It was quite packed. I saw a lot of purchases in the 20 minutes I was there." Grace Simms has also posted pictures from the grand opening.
The list of gaming devices is growing larger with each passing day. A large number of companies have entered the gaming input arena, a ...Cambridge Audio DacMagic XS
Every computer with a microphone or headphone port has one -- a digital to analog converter (DAC). There are nearly as many chipsets a ...D-Link Wi-Fi Smart Plug
Home automation fans have been getting their fair share of gadgets and accessories in the last few years. Starting with light bulbs, a ...
10 Most Discussed
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- OS X Yosemite public beta now available - 21 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- Sources call for Yosemite in late Oct., Retina MacBook, Mac with 4K - 11 replies
- Apple, IBM announce collaboration on big data, analytics apps [U] - 10 replies
- Apple now blocking older Flash Player plug-ins, citing security flaw - 9 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies
- Cook blames second quarterly drop in iPads on anticipation - 8 replies