Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Reader: iPod out-of-warranty repairs
A MacNN reader followed-up on yesterday's iPod failure notes: "Apple Retail stores have been authorized to perform out of warranty repairs for free on iPods. This has not been publically announced, but when I brought my iPod in for a repair one of the 'Geniuses' told me that it was free of charge and told me about this free repairs." [unconfirmed]
AppleCare to reduce pricing on parts
AppleCare is expected to introduce lower pricing on select out-of-warranty parts: "In an ongoing effort to meet the unique needs of Apple Service Providers, AppleCare will soon introduce new competitive pricing on select out-of-warranty parts. This new pricing will include modules in the hard drive, logic board, card and memory groups." The official announcement is expected later this month.
Apple launches new Power Mac G4 rebates
Apple is offering up to $300 off a purchase of Power Mac G4 through July 7th in its "Powerful offer." The promo offers $200 mail-in rebate on a 800MHz Power Mac, and $300 rebate on either a 933MHz or a dual 1-GHz Power Mac. The offer is good at retail Apple store or at the Apple Store online.
Apple Store Atlanta photos posted
Scott Genevish has posted photos of the Atlanta Apple Store opening this morning: "It was quite packed. I saw a lot of purchases in the 20 minutes I was there." Grace Simms has also posted pictures from the grand opening.
With high-definition televisions now the standard, 4K televisions becoming the next big thing, and plasma TVs going the way of the din ...Life n Soul 8 Driver Bluetooth headphones
When it comes to music on the go, consumers generally have some options to consider when looking for the best experience. While Blueto ...Pure Jongo T2 wireless speaker
Multi-room audio compatibility is a key metric for wireless sound systems these days. The entry cost into a house-spanning system can ...
10 Most Discussed
- Oregon Apple Store 'slur' incident being investigated - 31 replies
- US cybersecurity chief claims lack of experience not important to job - 16 replies
- T-Mobile announces plan to throttle those abusing 'unlimited' data - 11 replies
- Quicken 2015 for Mac brings new features, strips others - 10 replies
- NewerTech accessory fools 'headless' Mac minis into turning on GPU - 9 replies
- Apple releases second public OS X Yosemite beta, new iTunes 12 test - 8 replies
- Claim: Apple's iMessage accounts for 30 percent of all mobile spam - 8 replies
- Schematics suggest iPhone 6 may come in 16, 64, and 128GB models - 8 replies
- Apple issues diversity report, promises better gender/racial balance - 8 replies
- Apple shareholder suit accuses Cook, Jobs, others of misconduct - 7 replies