Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Reader: iPod out-of-warranty repairs
A MacNN reader followed-up on yesterday's iPod failure notes: "Apple Retail stores have been authorized to perform out of warranty repairs for free on iPods. This has not been publically announced, but when I brought my iPod in for a repair one of the 'Geniuses' told me that it was free of charge and told me about this free repairs." [unconfirmed]
AppleCare to reduce pricing on parts
AppleCare is expected to introduce lower pricing on select out-of-warranty parts: "In an ongoing effort to meet the unique needs of Apple Service Providers, AppleCare will soon introduce new competitive pricing on select out-of-warranty parts. This new pricing will include modules in the hard drive, logic board, card and memory groups." The official announcement is expected later this month.
Apple launches new Power Mac G4 rebates
Apple is offering up to $300 off a purchase of Power Mac G4 through July 7th in its "Powerful offer." The promo offers $200 mail-in rebate on a 800MHz Power Mac, and $300 rebate on either a 933MHz or a dual 1-GHz Power Mac. The offer is good at retail Apple store or at the Apple Store online.
Apple Store Atlanta photos posted
Scott Genevish has posted photos of the Atlanta Apple Store opening this morning: "It was quite packed. I saw a lot of purchases in the 20 minutes I was there." Grace Simms has also posted pictures from the grand opening.
Finding a speaker purpose-built for a specific need is challenging. Even when a Bluetooth speaker can be paired with a mobile device, ...JBL Synchros E40BT headphones
For all the different configurations of headphones on the market, it's always a tough choice for buyers to get something that is just ...Razer Taipan mouse
The list of gaming devices is growing larger with each passing day. A large number of companies have entered the gaming input arena, a ...
10 Most Discussed
- OS X Yosemite public beta now available - 25 replies
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- SEC: Apple bought back another $5 billion in stock in June quarter - 14 replies
- Sources call for Yosemite in late Oct., Retina MacBook, Mac with 4K - 11 replies
- Coalition of authors blames 'thuggish' Amazon for Hachette dispute - 10 replies
- Microsoft rolls out major update of OneNote for iPad, iPhone, Mac - 10 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies