Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Reader: iPod out-of-warranty repairs
A MacNN reader followed-up on yesterday's iPod failure notes: "Apple Retail stores have been authorized to perform out of warranty repairs for free on iPods. This has not been publically announced, but when I brought my iPod in for a repair one of the 'Geniuses' told me that it was free of charge and told me about this free repairs." [unconfirmed]
AppleCare to reduce pricing on parts
AppleCare is expected to introduce lower pricing on select out-of-warranty parts: "In an ongoing effort to meet the unique needs of Apple Service Providers, AppleCare will soon introduce new competitive pricing on select out-of-warranty parts. This new pricing will include modules in the hard drive, logic board, card and memory groups." The official announcement is expected later this month.
Apple launches new Power Mac G4 rebates
Apple is offering up to $300 off a purchase of Power Mac G4 through July 7th in its "Powerful offer." The promo offers $200 mail-in rebate on a 800MHz Power Mac, and $300 rebate on either a 933MHz or a dual 1-GHz Power Mac. The offer is good at retail Apple store or at the Apple Store online.
Apple Store Atlanta photos posted
Scott Genevish has posted photos of the Atlanta Apple Store opening this morning: "It was quite packed. I saw a lot of purchases in the 20 minutes I was there." Grace Simms has also posted pictures from the grand opening.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 22 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Apple increasing employment in Ireland, creating 1,000 more jobs - 15 replies
- F.lux developers pull sideloaded app following Apple's complaint - 9 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Tim Cook addresses retail, commences 'inclusion training' company-wide - 7 replies