Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Reader: iPod out-of-warranty repairs
A MacNN reader followed-up on yesterday's iPod failure notes: "Apple Retail stores have been authorized to perform out of warranty repairs for free on iPods. This has not been publically announced, but when I brought my iPod in for a repair one of the 'Geniuses' told me that it was free of charge and told me about this free repairs." [unconfirmed]
AppleCare to reduce pricing on parts
AppleCare is expected to introduce lower pricing on select out-of-warranty parts: "In an ongoing effort to meet the unique needs of Apple Service Providers, AppleCare will soon introduce new competitive pricing on select out-of-warranty parts. This new pricing will include modules in the hard drive, logic board, card and memory groups." The official announcement is expected later this month.
Apple launches new Power Mac G4 rebates
Apple is offering up to $300 off a purchase of Power Mac G4 through July 7th in its "Powerful offer." The promo offers $200 mail-in rebate on a 800MHz Power Mac, and $300 rebate on either a 933MHz or a dual 1-GHz Power Mac. The offer is good at retail Apple store or at the Apple Store online.
Apple Store Atlanta photos posted
Scott Genevish has posted photos of the Atlanta Apple Store opening this morning: "It was quite packed. I saw a lot of purchases in the 20 minutes I was there." Grace Simms has also posted pictures from the grand opening.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...Entry-level 27-inch Retina iMac
The 27-inch Apple iMac with 5K Retina display is already one of the best value-for-money Macs that Apple has ever released. It was som ...
10 Most Discussed
- Neil Young says he will pull music catalog from streaming services - 24 replies
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Editorial: whatever happened to 'It Just Works?' - 18 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Apple takes lid off 64-bit A8 iPod touch, now up to 128GB - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies