Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Reader: iPod out-of-warranty repairs
A MacNN reader followed-up on yesterday's iPod failure notes: "Apple Retail stores have been authorized to perform out of warranty repairs for free on iPods. This has not been publically announced, but when I brought my iPod in for a repair one of the 'Geniuses' told me that it was free of charge and told me about this free repairs." [unconfirmed]
AppleCare to reduce pricing on parts
AppleCare is expected to introduce lower pricing on select out-of-warranty parts: "In an ongoing effort to meet the unique needs of Apple Service Providers, AppleCare will soon introduce new competitive pricing on select out-of-warranty parts. This new pricing will include modules in the hard drive, logic board, card and memory groups." The official announcement is expected later this month.
Apple launches new Power Mac G4 rebates
Apple is offering up to $300 off a purchase of Power Mac G4 through July 7th in its "Powerful offer." The promo offers $200 mail-in rebate on a 800MHz Power Mac, and $300 rebate on either a 933MHz or a dual 1-GHz Power Mac. The offer is good at retail Apple store or at the Apple Store online.
Apple Store Atlanta photos posted
Scott Genevish has posted photos of the Atlanta Apple Store opening this morning: "It was quite packed. I saw a lot of purchases in the 20 minutes I was there." Grace Simms has also posted pictures from the grand opening.
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Yahoo shifting away from Google, Facebook login credentials - 8 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies