Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Znippetizer-X 1.4.1: stores, edits text
Znippetizer-X 1.4.1 an update to the $15 utility for storing, sorting, organizing, and categorizing text using an small floating window as a "scratchpad" for quickly storing info.
Walt Mossberg: choosing an iMac is \'easy\'
Walt Mossberg notes simplicity of choosing an iMac in his latest Guide for Savvy Shoppers: " I am a big fan of Apple's new iMac models. These are great machines, better than many Windows computers, but nobody needs a buyer's guide to choose one. There are only three models, ranging from $1,399 to $1,899, including lots of power and features, and a gorgeous flat-panel screen with a flexible arm." Meanwhile, Larry Magid of the LA Times says that New Flat-Screen iMac is a Class Act.
OmniWeb 4.1b5, Chimera 0.2.5 updated
The OmniGroup has posted a new beta of OmniWeb 4.1b5, which offers better compatibility with sites that require cookies, better compatibility with some URLs, and improved document parsing. Chimera 0.2.5 is the latest version of the open-source browser, adding improved plugin support.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 12 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- FCC petitioned by hotels to allow disrupting guest-created hotspots - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Obama: Sony hack not act of war; Anonymous promises attacks on NK - 7 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies
- Apple to charge VAT per-country at European App Stores - 6 replies
- Apple rejects conclusions of BBC expose showing supply chain abuses - 6 replies
- CalDigit reveals $200 Thunderbolt Station 2 - 6 replies