Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Blackmagic announces Kona HD, Offline RT
Blackmagic will make three announcements at the upcoming NAB 2002 conference beginning next week:
- Kona HD, dubbed as "the first" uncompressed HDTV 10 bit QuickTime card fo OS X, which offers support for Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Combustion, Cleaner, iDVD and DVD Studio Pro. It supports uncompressed 10 bit video at all HDTV resolutions, can be upgraded with real time effects, and has Offline RT support. Kona HD will be available shortly afte Final Cut Pro certification tests have been completed for $11,000.
- The immediate availability of Offline RT support for the Kona SD and Kona HD (see above). Offline RT allows editors to capture directly from tape via the Kona SDI input to motion photo JPEG files compatible with the software real time effects featured in Final Cut Pro 3. Blackmagic Installer 1.2 or later is available at no charge and includes all updates for Offline RT.
- Kona SD has been certified by Apple for Final Cut Pro 3 on OS X, making it "the first product to be released on OS X, and the first uncompressed QuickTime board to be certified for Final Cut Pro 3 compatibility." The $3,300 board offers high-quality uncompressed 10-bit video, and 6 channels of AES/EBU digital audio and is available now.
Email Magician 1.6 adds more spam filters
Email Magician 1.6 adds more SPAM filters (now over 250), a new Valid Accounts Filter, and more filter options for unregistered users to the $35 email utilty that automatically creates filters, mailboxes, and address book entries for Eudora as well as checks for more than 1,000 spam characteristic and automates many tasks such as optimizing your Eudora folder, and archiving email messages.
Dragon Burn 1.0: new CD burning app for Mac
NewTech Infosystems has entered into the Mac market with Dragon Burn 1.0, which offers Mac OS 9 users "all of the essential CD-burning functions, such as CD copy, data and audio mastering, and advanced CD formats, all wrapped within an integrated, streamlined and very user-friendly Graphical User Interface." It supports all the latest drives in the market as well as some of the latest CD-burning technologies available such as BurnProof and JustLink. An OS X version is under development, according to the company.
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies
- Yahoo shifting away from Google, Facebook login credentials - 8 replies