Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Blackmagic announces Kona HD, Offline RT
Blackmagic will make three announcements at the upcoming NAB 2002 conference beginning next week:
- Kona HD, dubbed as "the first" uncompressed HDTV 10 bit QuickTime card fo OS X, which offers support for Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Combustion, Cleaner, iDVD and DVD Studio Pro. It supports uncompressed 10 bit video at all HDTV resolutions, can be upgraded with real time effects, and has Offline RT support. Kona HD will be available shortly afte Final Cut Pro certification tests have been completed for $11,000.
- The immediate availability of Offline RT support for the Kona SD and Kona HD (see above). Offline RT allows editors to capture directly from tape via the Kona SDI input to motion photo JPEG files compatible with the software real time effects featured in Final Cut Pro 3. Blackmagic Installer 1.2 or later is available at no charge and includes all updates for Offline RT.
- Kona SD has been certified by Apple for Final Cut Pro 3 on OS X, making it "the first product to be released on OS X, and the first uncompressed QuickTime board to be certified for Final Cut Pro 3 compatibility." The $3,300 board offers high-quality uncompressed 10-bit video, and 6 channels of AES/EBU digital audio and is available now.
Email Magician 1.6 adds more spam filters
Email Magician 1.6 adds more SPAM filters (now over 250), a new Valid Accounts Filter, and more filter options for unregistered users to the $35 email utilty that automatically creates filters, mailboxes, and address book entries for Eudora as well as checks for more than 1,000 spam characteristic and automates many tasks such as optimizing your Eudora folder, and archiving email messages.
Dragon Burn 1.0: new CD burning app for Mac
NewTech Infosystems has entered into the Mac market with Dragon Burn 1.0, which offers Mac OS 9 users "all of the essential CD-burning functions, such as CD copy, data and audio mastering, and advanced CD formats, all wrapped within an integrated, streamlined and very user-friendly Graphical User Interface." It supports all the latest drives in the market as well as some of the latest CD-burning technologies available such as BurnProof and JustLink. An OS X version is under development, according to the company.
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...Snugg Robust Case for iPad Air
Snugg's Distressed Brown Leather Case was something of a pleasant surprise when I reviewed it last year. I didn't expect much at fi ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- One-off (Product) RED Mac Pro fetches $977,000 at auction - 13 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Adobe drags feet on notifying data theft victims, millions at risk - 9 replies
- Nokia pokes Apple's iPad Air with derisive new ads for Lumia 2520 - 8 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- WD Black 2 Dual Drive combines SSD, HDD into non-hybrid format - 6 replies