Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Gamma Control 2.0 offers gamma calibration
Gamma Control 2.0 offers an the option to adjust the gamma curve of the screen under Mac OS X: "You can calibrate the screen for new ambiant conditions whithout having to use ColorSync Calibration Assistant. The settings you change are not saved into the current ColorSync profile and are restored when you quit Gamma Control."
Forums: effort to fix OS X PPP hang bug
Two threads in our reader forums detail a possible fix for the "PPP hang bug" that has plagued Mac OS X users with dialup access to the internet since the operating system's release. The threads refer to a bug in Mac OS X where users trying to dialup to the internet via PPP through the Internet Connect application used to experience a complete system lockup lasting several minutes. Although the patched kernel extension is not an official Apple release, it is expected that it will be the basis of a finalized fix for the issue in a future release of Mac OS X, and several users have reported success after installation. (Another thread provides some background information to the issue and solution.) [updated]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: The trouble with the Music app for iOS - 15 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 12 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies