Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Gamma Control 2.0 offers gamma calibration
Gamma Control 2.0 offers an the option to adjust the gamma curve of the screen under Mac OS X: "You can calibrate the screen for new ambiant conditions whithout having to use ColorSync Calibration Assistant. The settings you change are not saved into the current ColorSync profile and are restored when you quit Gamma Control."
Forums: effort to fix OS X PPP hang bug
Two threads in our reader forums detail a possible fix for the "PPP hang bug" that has plagued Mac OS X users with dialup access to the internet since the operating system's release. The threads refer to a bug in Mac OS X where users trying to dialup to the internet via PPP through the Internet Connect application used to experience a complete system lockup lasting several minutes. Although the patched kernel extension is not an official Apple release, it is expected that it will be the basis of a finalized fix for the issue in a future release of Mac OS X, and several users have reported success after installation. (Another thread provides some background information to the issue and solution.) [updated]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Perhaps you've already seen our review of the Dotti LED display from Witti Design. Meet Notti, Dotti's "sibling". Notti is a softb ...Seagate Personal Cloud (2-Bay)
When it comes to backing up files, many users are now looking to the myriad of cloud storage solutions available. There is no doubt th ...Leitz Icon Label Printer
When you say the words "label printer" to people, they either just really don't care, or they get incredibly excited. This is one o ...
10 Most Discussed
- Review: Alsoft DiskWarrior 5.0 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Opinion: Where is my Apple Watch? - 12 replies
- Researcher: MacKeeper software has critical security flaw - 11 replies
- First Look: Microsoft Surface 3 - 8 replies
- Oculus outlines Rift PC requirements, stops OS X, Linux development - 7 replies
- Microsoft reveals six versions of Windows 10 inbound this summer - 6 replies
- Apple, Leica working to resolve bug that could corrupt Photos library - 6 replies
- Review: FileMaker Pro 14 (OS X, iOS, Windows) - 5 replies
- Pointers: Make 'Hey Siri' work on Apple Watch - 5 replies
- Verizon, Sprint agree to pay $158M settlement with FCC over 'cramming' - 5 replies