Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Gamma Control 2.0 offers gamma calibration
Gamma Control 2.0 offers an the option to adjust the gamma curve of the screen under Mac OS X: "You can calibrate the screen for new ambiant conditions whithout having to use ColorSync Calibration Assistant. The settings you change are not saved into the current ColorSync profile and are restored when you quit Gamma Control."
Forums: effort to fix OS X PPP hang bug
Two threads in our reader forums detail a possible fix for the "PPP hang bug" that has plagued Mac OS X users with dialup access to the internet since the operating system's release. The threads refer to a bug in Mac OS X where users trying to dialup to the internet via PPP through the Internet Connect application used to experience a complete system lockup lasting several minutes. Although the patched kernel extension is not an official Apple release, it is expected that it will be the basis of a finalized fix for the issue in a future release of Mac OS X, and several users have reported success after installation. (Another thread provides some background information to the issue and solution.) [updated]
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 8 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- New iOS 8.1.2 release solves problems with missing ringtones - 6 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies