Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Gamma Control 2.0 offers gamma calibration
Gamma Control 2.0 offers an the option to adjust the gamma curve of the screen under Mac OS X: "You can calibrate the screen for new ambiant conditions whithout having to use ColorSync Calibration Assistant. The settings you change are not saved into the current ColorSync profile and are restored when you quit Gamma Control."
Forums: effort to fix OS X PPP hang bug
Two threads in our reader forums detail a possible fix for the "PPP hang bug" that has plagued Mac OS X users with dialup access to the internet since the operating system's release. The threads refer to a bug in Mac OS X where users trying to dialup to the internet via PPP through the Internet Connect application used to experience a complete system lockup lasting several minutes. Although the patched kernel extension is not an official Apple release, it is expected that it will be the basis of a finalized fix for the issue in a future release of Mac OS X, and several users have reported success after installation. (Another thread provides some background information to the issue and solution.) [updated]
￼The half moon design speaks about what to expect overall from the Pure Contour i1 Air Dock. It is a speaker that looks to blend int ...STM Studio for iPad Air
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Politicians, tech giants promote 'Hour of Code' learning initiative - 7 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- Samsung attempts to silence YouTube complaint of Galaxy S4 fire, fails - 7 replies
- Qualcomm Gimbal Bluetooth beacons to compete with Apple's iBeacon - 6 replies
- NPD: Large-screen smartphone owners use 44 percent more data - 5 replies