Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Gamma Control 2.0 offers gamma calibration
Gamma Control 2.0 offers an the option to adjust the gamma curve of the screen under Mac OS X: "You can calibrate the screen for new ambiant conditions whithout having to use ColorSync Calibration Assistant. The settings you change are not saved into the current ColorSync profile and are restored when you quit Gamma Control."
Forums: effort to fix OS X PPP hang bug
Two threads in our reader forums detail a possible fix for the "PPP hang bug" that has plagued Mac OS X users with dialup access to the internet since the operating system's release. The threads refer to a bug in Mac OS X where users trying to dialup to the internet via PPP through the Internet Connect application used to experience a complete system lockup lasting several minutes. Although the patched kernel extension is not an official Apple release, it is expected that it will be the basis of a finalized fix for the issue in a future release of Mac OS X, and several users have reported success after installation. (Another thread provides some background information to the issue and solution.) [updated]
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Yahoo shifting away from Google, Facebook login credentials - 8 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies